Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I've gone through the first three pages - Queuing for WZ/FPs rationale?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DorkTrooper's Avatar


DorkTrooper
09.29.2012 , 08:10 AM | #11
They should just make it so that you can't leave a WZ once it starts without closing down the program. The FP queue finder could keep WZers in a special at-the-top list, and put them in right away once they finish getting mangled.

Sparviero's Avatar


Sparviero
09.29.2012 , 08:36 AM | #12
Would BW give me an unannounced shared bank for all of my characters and ability to craft with all my characters from one interface while I wait for an FP to pop then?
Korvus lvl 50 Shadow - Republic of OT.
Sparviero Garibaldi Falco Octavian of the Junodian Legacy.

Motlow's Avatar


Motlow
09.30.2012 , 03:14 AM | #13
Well I can't say what everyone does or what hurts what. I can only say what has happened to me. I used to que for warzones to pass the time into getting a hm fp. Now I only que for HM fp. It doesn't pop in 4 hours and then i goto bed. now i'm not playing any warzones or flashpoints. I haven't been able to find a group once since 1.4 came out. and i'm on 3-5 hours a day. Granted its late at night but i used to be able to get one flashpoint in after work... I don't know what i'm going to do now. I really liked this game.

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
09.30.2012 , 06:34 AM | #14
They should allow you to queue for warzones while in a FP instead.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Voranis's Avatar


Voranis
09.30.2012 , 06:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
They should allow you to queue for warzones while in a FP instead.
If queue wait times were reversed, would not have a problem with that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

aurellian's Avatar


aurellian
09.30.2012 , 07:04 AM | #16
What I'm hearing is people saying they want to be able to stay in their group finder queue while they're playing a warzone and that it no longer possible. I'm assuming here, but the accepted practice seems to be that you will enter your flashpoint when the queue pops whether you're in the warzone or not, or you will enter your flashpoint after you've completed your warzone. Is that right? Because if that's right, that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard of. You want the ability to leave the warzone you're in, in effect hurting 7 other people who are sharing that time with you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours) so you can do the flashpoint you want to do. OR, your plan is to make 3 other people wait for you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours either) to begin their flashpoint while you finish your warzone? Man you're just the most important person in this game and everyone should schedule their play time around your schedule and be honored that you've chosen to play with us eh?

Trollokdamus's Avatar


Trollokdamus
09.30.2012 , 07:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by aurellian View Post
What I'm hearing is people saying they want to be able to stay in their group finder queue while they're playing a warzone and that it no longer possible. I'm assuming here, but the accepted practice seems to be that you will enter your flashpoint when the queue pops whether you're in the warzone or not, or you will enter your flashpoint after you've completed your warzone. Is that right? Because if that's right, that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard of. You want the ability to leave the warzone you're in, in effect hurting 7 other people who are sharing that time with you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours) so you can do the flashpoint you want to do. OR, your plan is to make 3 other people wait for you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours either) to begin their flashpoint while you finish your warzone? Man you're just the most important person in this game and everyone should schedule their play time around your schedule and be honored that you've chosen to play with us eh?
You know, with such high degree of offense in your post it's not even worth replying. Either read everything what was said on the issue in order to understand what's happening, or share your opinion and thoughts in a more friendly manner.

Voranis's Avatar


Voranis
09.30.2012 , 07:18 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by aurellian View Post
What I'm hearing is people saying they want to be able to stay in their group finder queue while they're playing a warzone and that it no longer possible. I'm assuming here, but the accepted practice seems to be that you will enter your flashpoint when the queue pops whether you're in the warzone or not, or you will enter your flashpoint after you've completed your warzone. Is that right? Because if that's right, that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard of. You want the ability to leave the warzone you're in, in effect hurting 7 other people who are sharing that time with you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours) so you can do the flashpoint you want to do. OR, your plan is to make 3 other people wait for you, (clearly their time isn't as important as yours either) to begin their flashpoint while you finish your warzone? Man you're just the most important person in this game and everyone should schedule their play time around your schedule and be honored that you've chosen to play with us eh?
Not at all.
In fact I would prefer the game not be so dependent upon such things in the first place.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

aurellian's Avatar


aurellian
09.30.2012 , 10:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
You know, with such high degree of offense in your post it's not even worth replying. Either read everything what was said on the issue in order to understand what's happening, or share your opinion and thoughts in a more friendly manner.
I agree that my post is offensive, but I was offended myself by the original post. If I'm in a warzone, it is frustrating to me for a person to quit either because we're losing OR because they've decided to go do their flashpoint. If I'm queued for a flashpoint, it's frustrating for me to have to wait for that person to finish their warzone before they join our queue for the flashpoint. Supposed they're in a tight huttball game and it goes the full 15 minutes? Why should I have to wait for you to complete ALL the content you want to complete before I can start the content I want to start? What makes your time better or more valuable than mine? Now if you have a problem with the mechanics of the system that's one thing, but to say you simply want to be able to do both and it's dumb that you can't is very insulting to me. If feel it trivializes my time, however limited or unlimited it might be. If you want to group for flashpoints, do that. If you want to group for warzones, do that. Don't make other people wait or suffer a man or two down just so that you can do both.

With that said, I should have been more constructive with my post and for that I apologize. Stating your opinion doesn't give me the right to insult you just because I disagree with that opinion. I should have handled that in a more adult manner.

xorv's Avatar


xorv
09.30.2012 , 11:29 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
They should allow you to queue for warzones while in a FP instead.
Agreed-
http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Electronic+Arts EA's rating
"Well considering how "beloved" EA is, surely TOR will achieve legendary status amongst gamers. Didn't kill wow, did one better, killed EA."
Originally from aeterno