Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EXTREME lag since patch 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
EXTREME lag since patch 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sekurity
09.28.2012 , 04:50 PM | #1
Everyone is having this problem with extreme lag since patch 1.4. Its not due to a high volume of players, because its almost the same amount of players in zones and fleet. I still haven't seen any reply from a GM with their famous quote, " We are aware of the issue and trying to resolve it." Can we at least get that much so we know you know about it and don't think "Everything is working as intended?" Thanks

Sekurity
09.28.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2
Well i found 1 reply from a GM deep down in a post from someones else. I believe this issue is worthy of being put on your "Known issues" list, or even Making a whole new GM thread about it. Its a big enough problem effecting EVERYONE.

Ritsi
10.03.2012 , 06:18 PM | #3
I have it too... Increased latency after 1.4 patch. I get 105-220. The funny thing is I have 75-95 in WoW and LoL...
AMD FX4100 Quad Core @3.6Ghz
Nvidia GTS450 (by ASUS)
8GB RAM
Shouldn't this play SWTOR at max settings with 40-50 FPS minimum? (1280x1024 resolution)

Cerimon
10.03.2012 , 07:20 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Sekurity and Ritsi,

Please check your Windows Task Scheduler for software updates scheduled to run while you are playing as these can interrupt your connectivity to the game.
  • Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Task Scheduler, Task Scheduler Library at the upper left.
  • Click on each item and look for things like Adobe Flash Updater and GoogleUpdateTaskUser etc.
  • Change the Conditions and Settings so that the task only runs when you will not be playing and also to not retry every minute if it fails to start when scheduled.

We have seen reports of this procedure eliminating lag and disconnections from the game.

Please let us know if this to resolve the problem.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Shadowalker-Ray
10.04.2012 , 08:09 AM | #5
Correct me if I am wrong please .. but if BEFORE patch 1.4 everyone seemed to be running Fine .. and now after the Patch, a vast number of players ( myself included ) are experiancing LAG .. how is it all of a sudden something wrong with OUR computers ? REALLY ?

Philastra
10.04.2012 , 08:57 AM | #6
I'm in the same boat ...tried all the suggestioned ideas but I know it was the patch not my comp. Every other game I own runs fine just not this one , I hope they come up for a fix for it soon cause this has made the game unplayable for me. I'm gonna give another week or so to if they can come up with a solution.

GTX 580 is my card
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Skylerr
10.04.2012 , 09:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sekurity View Post
Everyone is having this problem with extreme lag since patch 1.4.
Completely, 100%, false.

I am not experiencing any significant amount of network lag nor were any of the dozens of people I played with yesterday while I was going through pug flashpoints (I've been asking about this stuff because folks on the forum are under the impression everyone is having issues). A few people on the forums complaining does not equal everyone. Vast numbers? There are a few dozen people talking about each issue on the forums (of which there are like 3 or 4 people that appear to make most of the posts... repeating the same stuff over and over...)... I was just on Dromund Kaas with 190 players that were apparently not experiencing any game breaking issues at all I (on just my server, of course). I have 4 computers with SWTOR installed (one 30 miles from the others) and none of them are experiencing issues post 1.4.

The fact that people don't usually come to the forums to say "hey, everything working great over here" doesn't mean everyone is experiencing technical issues...
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR(ē)█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Merouk
10.04.2012 , 09:29 AM | #8
Fine, but some people are, and despite your counter-example (you're not experiencing any problems on 4 computers), this counts as a "performance issue", and performance issues are apparently at the top of the list of most reported issues (check dev tracker).

So let them complain and try to get attention and hopefully their problem looked at. Or in other words, what are you doing in the tech support forum if you have no issues?

ruiaaferrao
10.04.2012 , 10:19 AM | #9
Just thought I'd share my own experience regarding the issue with the stuttering / lag after patch 1.4:

When I first tried patch 1.4 (had been playing before on patch 1.3 and all was normal) I did so on a relatively old laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM and an ATI/AMD HD 3400 graphics card.
With this setting I was experiencing the infamous stuttering and it rendered the game nearly unplayable for me Ė heavy fps drops. I then started to search the forums and talked to people in game and decided to try one pointed out solution: to upgrade my graphics card drivers. And so I did. And it actually worked! The fps got a lot more stable and I dare say even a bit smoother than before patch 1.4.
Iíd like to add that I had shadows OFF and graphical settings set to VERY LOW the whole time because I was playing on an old machine.

Now, I also have another machine, a laptop with less than 5 months old packed with an Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge, 6Gb RAM and a NVidia 650M GT with 2Gb VRAM. I have also played the game on patch 1.3 and everything was fine. Now, I also play on patch 1.4 and so far I have NOT experienced any stutter / lag whatsoever (well, none more than usual at least). I did NOT however upgrade my NVidia graphics card drivers because Iíve read in the forums that the NEW NVidia drivers might render that problem. So now Iím using version 295.60 of those drivers.
On this computer Iím playing with maxed out settings at a 1440x900 (or something similar) resolution. Shadows set to LOW (also no problem on HIGH as Iíve tested for like 30 minutes).

Bottom line concerning stuttering/lag on the 1.4 patch:
1. Upgrading my ATI/AMD drivers fixed the issue and
2. Using version 295.60 of NVidia drivers made me NEVER experience the issue.

I hope this information is useful for someone having these problems and if you would like to know more about my situation please reply to this post. Iíll be happy to help as I have found myself having that problem at some point and I didnít like it one bit.

Philastra
10.04.2012 , 10:48 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylerr View Post
Completely, 100%, false.

I am not experiencing any significant amount of network lag nor were any of the dozens of people I played with yesterday while I was going through pug flashpoints (I've been asking about this stuff because folks on the forum are under the impression everyone is having issues). A few people on the forums complaining does not equal everyone. Vast numbers? There are a few dozen people talking about each issue on the forums (of which there are like 3 or 4 people that appear to make most of the posts... repeating the same stuff over and over...)... I was just on Dromund Kaas with 190 players that were apparently not experiencing any game breaking issues at all I (on just my server, of course). I have 4 computers with SWTOR installed (one 30 miles from the others) and none of them are experiencing issues post 1.4.

The fact that people don't usually come to the forums to say "hey, everything working great over here" doesn't mean everyone is experiencing technical issues...
Why do seem to like to troll the CS forums ppl come here for help ,leave if all your gonna do is disagree, if someone is having a problem and they post it here they are for solutions not a forum troll who if you look at your post history its obvious that what you do ..troll the CS forums go play the game and get outta here.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....