Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WHERE is the progression? All Ops can't give the same loot.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
WHERE is the progression? All Ops can't give the same loot.

mikebevo
10.02.2012 , 10:34 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightning_ View Post
and one worthless:
- TFB SM
Only worthless if you look at with a strictly overgeared Me mentality. Personally I got no gear out of it either, but we took some guildmates alts that were fairly fresh 50 and started gearing them up. Now it will be faster than ever to gear them with HM KP, HM EV, SM EC and SM TfB, ready for HM EC... They will not have to do HM KP for two months trying to get a mainhand drop like I did on my Shadow...Never did get it there, got it on NiM mode.

More Ops means more opportunity to get guild mates, friends and alts geared. I don't have to say, sorry locked out, I can say sorry can't do that one, but what about this one.

Also with the mats and credits I took out of TfB, I wouldn't mind doing SM TfB once a week.

Screaming_Ziva
10.02.2012 , 10:57 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Heres a hint, If you don't need gear from it it's time to progress ie into the next tier of difficulty.
I like the fact that I now have options to gear up my incomming imperial alts.
1.To get to columi lvl do SM EV and KP., Flashpoints too.
2.To get to rakata SM EC and TFB, + HM EV and KP.
3.To get campaign. HM EC
4.To get godly gear HM TFB.

Thats 4 steps that take you through all the content and all the gear tiers, how is that not progressive?
Maybe because people think that the newest content should provide the highest tier gear? It's just kinda odd seeing the newest content up at #2 on the progression list.

Lostpenguins
10.02.2012 , 11:17 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Maybe because people think that the newest content should provide the highest tier gear? It's just kinda odd seeing the newest content up at #2 on the progression list.
Story modes are not progression. They plateu'd for a reason. They are to see the storyline develop w/out making them too hard. Heck, I did group finder SM KP last night on my fresh lvl 50 tank that was using some Recruit gear, a couple of Rakata Implants, and whatever else I had scrounged together from finishing the Corelia quests and Corelia comms. I tanked it just fine with my "awesome 19k health". We did it without really stopping to explain strats, no VOIP, no CC'ing.

SM EC and SM TFB may be tougher, but they are same step up as going from HM FP's to HM LI. And they drop the exact same gear (surprise surprise). If you want gear progression past Rakata, do HM Ops or farm daily HM's every day again and again. Either put a lot of time and consistently hit the feeder bar every day to get your BH comms or learn to do HM EC and clear it in 2 hours in one night. So it's either 7+ hours a week, spread out on 7 days, or 2 hours one night a week.

But doing SM EC for 1.5-2 hrs is just too simple to acquire gear.

RabeParat
10.02.2012 , 01:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Story modes are not progression.
Regardless, the simple fact is by doing SM EV/KP you can get the gear needed to so HM EV/KP and SM EC / TfB which will get you the gear to get into HM EC which will get you into HM TFB. Pretty much a progression

Lostpenguins
10.02.2012 , 01:33 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RabeParat View Post
Regardless, the simple fact is by doing SM EV/KP you can get the gear needed to so HM EV/KP and SM EC / TfB which will get you the gear to get into HM EC which will get you into HM TFB. Pretty much a progression
Yes, but if you've ran SM EC all this time and now look at SM TFB and go "where's my progression", there isn't any. They're not going to retroactively remove all the Rakata gear from SM EC and/or Columi from EV/KP, but they stopped the "gear trend" for SM TFB. There's no reason you need BH gear to do SM TFB. If you're full BH gear, then go do HM EC/TFB. That's the only way you'll get to progress. There's 0 reason you should get EC HM gear from SM TFB.

Karasuko
10.02.2012 , 09:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Remember that while there is a plethora of rakata available, the last boss in both EC and TFB does drop BH gear aswell, so maybe there should be 5 steps on my list.