Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Much faster speeders.

Suzina
09.29.2012 , 01:34 PM | #41
Yes, speeders go very slow. It's only a slight movement buff that doesn't feel especially star-warsy. Sadly, I worry that this may be the limit of what the game can handle.
Member of Bane Fleet

Master-Nala
09.29.2012 , 03:26 PM | #42
I agree that we need faster vehicles. I can run faster than these vehicles in EQII, a fantasy game for goodness sakes, not to mention games like City of Heroes or DCUO where you can fly.

Andryah
09.29.2012 , 04:45 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
To nitpick, none of the mounts in SWTOR are on the ground, they all fly, they just fly 0.5 m of the ground.
They are all ground effect vehicles, based on hover technology. No flying, remains.... no flying.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Tordos
09.29.2012 , 04:55 PM | #44
If I were designing mounts, I would have those custom crafted speeders orange and moddable, so the potential to make your speeder >110% could be achieved similar to how augments work. Like upgrading your ship but instead for speeders. You could also reverse engineer certain speeders for a chance to get the schematic to create an orange version of that speeder for a sizeable amount of materials.

JunkyardWolf
09.29.2012 , 05:49 PM | #45
Well if you looked under the seat you would know why. Right above the VIN number on the manufacturer plate it says...YUGO
proud to be a Cranky ole fart!

Goretzu
10.01.2012 , 03:55 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
They are all ground effect vehicles, based on hover technology. No flying, remains.... no flying.
No they are repulsorlift vehicles, which is flying using anti-gravity lift rather than wing base pressure differential based lift.

Ground effect vehicles in real life also fly, but they don't do it in the same way as Star Wars speeders, because they use the "ground effect" to reduce drag-related lift from their wings (Star Wars speeders don't have any wing related drag because they gain their "lift" from repulsor technology not wings).

Interestingly there is no difference in Star Wars between "ground" speeder and "flying" speeder (such as Luke uses to attack AT AT walkers) other than the size and power of their repulsorlift (resulting in a higher potential altitude).

But anyway, flying is flying.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Ycoga
10.01.2012 , 04:02 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
The game can barely draw the game's highly detailed worlds fast enough for the speeders we have now. There's no way they can make them much faster without you riding off into the matrix whenever you speed off on one.
The high-speed Corellian trams prove this statement false.

My 2c is that they keep speeders slow so that they can pace the upcoming flyable spacecraft to a relative velocity.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

CCThrawn
10.01.2012 , 04:08 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by XaporKux View Post
I think the speed is just fine. If I need to go far its either taxi or quick travel. 110% is fine just to get you here and there.

You should of been in SWG the first week, we had to run everywhere, no transport for miles. It was a godsend when mounts hit!
THIS ^^^

Trying having to run to Jabba's Palace and back from Bestine just to get quests done. Yeah, stop complaining. Back in our day...

But seriously...they could be a LITTLE faster...

Sentinel-Jordal
10.01.2012 , 04:37 AM | #49
Maybe the speeders is fast enough, but it would be extremely fun to have let us say 300% speederes
Pod racing here I come!
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 60
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Sentinel-Jordal
10.01.2012 , 04:40 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by tordos View Post
if i were designing mounts, i would have those custom crafted speeders orange and moddable, so the potential to make your speeder >110% could be achieved similar to how augments work. Like upgrading your ship but instead for speeders. You could also reverse engineer certain speeders for a chance to get the schematic to create an orange version of that speeder for a sizeable amount of materials.
this
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 60
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55