Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Consolidated Bug/Issues List

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.4 Consolidated Bug/Issues List
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PreacherWitt
10.09.2012 , 11:28 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by PreacherWitt View Post
So dissappointed. Today's patch was suppossed to address the top issues, including the many "performance issues" that Bioware acknowledged people are having, but there is nothing in the patch about "performance issues!" Why is this being ignored? Who cares about the companion head slot being fixed when the graphics are a slide show even with shadows completely turned off? Please, Bioware, for the love of this game, focus on the more important graphics issues!
I have to say that I wrote these comments right after installing today's patch and reading the notes. After playing the game on and off all day afterwards, I discovered that the graphics are not as jittery and stuttering for me as before. With shadows off, I have a decent fps again. I actually turned shadows on for awhile and enjoyed the beauty of it, with a little drop in fps. I could actually play with shadows on now if I wanted to.

I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks, Bioware. You seemed to have fixed some issues for me after all.
May the Force be with you in the game
and may God be with you in real life!

recsa
10.10.2012 , 04:26 AM | #272
I have the feeling this thread is not of the like of our Community Managers, and so looks like its doing more harm than benefit, i have seen some posts deleted and people getting angry about it. Also Joveth Gonzalez made an official list to keep track of this issues, so i guess thats the right place to go and check.

This thread started as a way to give visibility to a guildie's bug that was preventing him to play the game, then it quickly grew up and i decided to make it a bit more usefull to both rest of community and devs, but as i have said i have the feeling it didnt accomplished the intended goal.

All this considered i have decided to stop updating this thread and abandon it, heartly thanks to the people that helped me to build this list, to be honest, i have done little but keeping it updated with your reports, this list is a community effort.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

LordArtemis
10.10.2012 , 05:31 AM | #273
I warned you about the class ability changes. I warned you that changing the abilities instead of simply disabling the current ones in PVP and adding the abilities you have now as ADDITIONAL specials to be used either in PVP only or in both was the way to go.

In my opinion it's likely the current special and sound bugs are a result. And it's likely it will not be a simple fix.

Next time add new specials and disable ones that are bad for PVP in PVP. You might have better results.

Urael
10.10.2012 , 09:58 AM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by recsa View Post
I have the feeling this thread is not of the like of our Community Managers, and so looks like its doing more harm than benefit, i have seen some posts deleted and people getting angry about it. Also Joveth Gonzalez made an official list to keep track of this issues, so i guess thats the right place to go and check.

This thread started as a way to give visibility to a guildie's bug that was preventing him to play the game, then it quickly grew up and i decided to make it a bit more usefull to both rest of community and devs, but as i have said i have the feeling it didnt accomplished the intended goal.

All this considered i have decided to stop updating this thread and abandon it, heartly thanks to the people that helped me to build this list, to be honest, i have done little but keeping it updated with your reports, this list is a community effort.
Recsa,

I would urge you to reconsider.

I have been championing this thread. I have mentioned it multiple times in other threads. I have PM'd Joveth and Courtney about it AND I have put a mention in the community round up thread for this thread.

Cymate
10.10.2012 , 10:54 AM | #275
By the way, thank you for the job you did Recsa !

Jedikillar
10.10.2012 , 05:40 PM | #276
didnt read all the pages but still getting this one after the bug patch and it wasnt on the op list:

entering a wz only to be kicked back to character selection screen(it was back in beta, then they fixed it, now it seems to be back in 1.4)
Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a dagger in your back.
"The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."
―Darth Sidious

BogyOne
10.11.2012 , 02:44 AM | #277
Only now realized the pun on patch 1.4...

Error from Beyond!

Keep up the great work Recsa!

Not sure how much these are related to 1.4:
- after changing the crystals to black-orange ones I often see lines in that color flashing from top of screen (or camera position?) to my character
- ops training dummy on my ship entered evade mode

LordArtemis
10.11.2012 , 04:30 AM | #278
BTW, not sure if this was mentioned, but when you transition and get the loading screen from inside the game the GUI seems to remain on screen for 5 to 10 seconds.

L-RANDLE
10.11.2012 , 12:56 PM | #279
Don't know if people have seen this but Warrior/Knight Smash/Force Sweep registers as a hit, but does not remove the corresponding HP from the enemy's health pool. There is still some animation issues with it was well...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Jacen_Starsolo
10.11.2012 , 02:42 PM | #280
Did the nVidia driver update yesterday help the stutter? It wasn't listed in the driver patch notes I saw but wonder if it helped any.