Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tried all the suggestions to try fix the 1.4 FPS issues.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Tried all the suggestions to try fix the 1.4 FPS issues.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cerimon
10.09.2012 , 07:38 PM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings paowee,

Please exit and restart the game to eliminate this colored screen.

Let us know if this does not stop the pink/orange/red screen.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

paowee
10.10.2012 , 07:33 PM | #22
I got a reply from Tech Support. Not much help unfortunately. He gave me fixes that we're already available in the customer service forums:

Quote:
date: 10 October 2012 08:46
subject: Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service
mailed-by: bioware-mailer.com
Signed by: swtor.com

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your performance issues with Star Wars: The Old Republic. Our development team are always working hard to improve the game’s performance, however we would like to suggest the following steps to enhance your gameplay experience.

- Open your Options ([Esc] by default), and select “Preferences”
- Go to the “Graphics” tab and then do the following
o Disable VSync
o Set Shader Complexity to “Very Low”
o Set Anti-Aliasing to “Off”
o Set Shadow Quality to “Off”
- Go to the “Nameplates” tab and uncheck “Scale Nameplates with Distance”

If you have an ATI graphics card and it is running in Crossfire mode, please also disable your Crossfire setup using the Catalyst Control Center. If you are unsure on how to do this, please contact ATI for further information.

We also recommend that you have all the options and settings for Star Wars: The Old Republic set to “use default app setting” in your NVidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst Control Center, as any alterations may impact the game’s performance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, should you require further assistance with this or any other issue please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0
I sent a reply saying "It did not work."
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Niemek
10.10.2012 , 08:05 PM | #23
So, disabling crossfire (going to 1 card) and reducing our video settings? really? So a system that runs WoW with no issues, Diablo3 with no issues, Borderlands 2 with no issues, all with crossfire enabled and it's crossfire that's the problem...I'm about to LoL and cancel my subscription.

Cerimon
10.10.2012 , 08:05 PM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings paowee,

Some players have found that the pink/red/orange screen issue appears to be related to a multi-monitor setup in combination with the game running in fullscreen mode.

If this is the case I would like you to try the following steps:
  • Deactivate your secondary monitor in Windows
  • Start the game
  • Change the graphics settings to Fullscreen (Windowed)
  • Close the game, re-activate your secondary monitor and restart the game
Please let me know if this workaround helps.

Thank you for your patience.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

paowee
10.12.2012 , 07:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings paowee,

Some players have found that the pink/red/orange screen issue appears to be related to a multi-monitor setup in combination with the game running in fullscreen mode.

If this is the case I would like you to try the following steps:
  • Deactivate your secondary monitor in Windows
  • Start the game
  • Change the graphics settings to Fullscreen (Windowed)
  • Close the game, re-activate your secondary monitor and restart the game
Please let me know if this workaround helps.

Thank you for your patience.
Thanks but I DO NOT use a dual monitor setup. I have a single monitor and a single gfx card. I just logged in today and still at 7-8 FPS in the fleet.

Going 3 weeks now of unplayability. 3 out of the 4 weeks gone. A wasted $15 of my subscription. Will they give a free month for this inconvenience that they have made? I daresay in any other business, they will or would have done so. This is terrible..

Anyway we'll see next week... If you guys have the power to forward this to your higher-ups please do. This is getting really out of hand. I would give 1 out of 5 star rating in yelp if this was the kind of service i'd have gotten in a restaurant business.. lol (but obviously this is not)

Do i have to buy a new video card just so i can not waste my subscription and more importantly play with my friends again? (rhetorical question)

Slurmez
10.12.2012 , 07:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Thanks for the reply! Going 2 weeks now of no play / raid. Also just an update, i tried logging in to SWTOR and instead of a Character screen i am seeing a

BIG RED SCREEN.

>_<....
delete the file diskcachearena under 'retailclient'

veinman
10.12.2012 , 07:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawath View Post
Hello paowee,

I have reviewed the steps you listed along with your DxDiag, there is nothing I can add to both.

Any more troubleshoot advices will need an in-depth look into your computer, from a member of our tech team.

Please contact support@swtor.com with your LauncherDiag attached and one of our colleagues will contact you as soon as possible.

Also, rest assured that we are currently working internally on this issue which occurred after the 1.4 update.

Thank you for your efforts, I'd like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
It's not your computer Paowee, none of these issues existed before 1.4. BW needs to fix the glitches they introduced in the content.
Utinni. :

pmurie
10.12.2012 , 08:58 PM | #28
Try to downoad 'game booster'

paowee
10.16.2012 , 07:20 PM | #29
I need help.

The patch that just came in today brought my FPS back up to 109 in the fleet but when i did HM LI, it was 7-10 FPS during a battle. Is there something wrong with my computer?

As i've mentioned before, GW2/SC2/WoW/blah blah works fine with good FPS. Pre 1.4 game was running smoothly as well.

I have my dxdiag in the OP but i'll post it again here.

7-10 FPS during a battle in HM LI was with graphics set to Very Low.

Fullscreen / Fullscreen windowed / windowed
Very Low
Medium
High

settings yield the same 7-10 FPS in a battle. But like i said 100 FPS in the fleet.

Spoiler

paowee
10.18.2012 , 02:41 PM | #30
bump for assistance