Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tried all the suggestions to try fix the 1.4 FPS issues.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Tried all the suggestions to try fix the 1.4 FPS issues.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

paowee
09.27.2012 , 07:21 PM | #1
I've tried these suggestions given here in the forums and still could not come up with a temporary fix to the severe FPS drop since 1.4. Thought I'd post my dxdiag here. If a mod can review them please, it would really give me some peace of mind. Thank you. (Also I am not using SLI/Crossfire). I'm not a computer expert I'd just like to know if something is wrong on my end.

I tried:
Deleting the "DiskArenaCache"
Uninstalled Catalyst and did a clean boot and reinstalled Catalyst
Shadows off / settings to low / resolution even at 1024 x 768 / nameplates off
Background processes turned off
SWTOR priority set to Normal / High
Ran game in window mode / window (full screen mode)
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...72&postcount=3

Played the game fine before 1.4.

Spoiler
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Hawath
09.27.2012 , 08:13 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello paowee,

I have reviewed the steps you listed along with your DxDiag, there is nothing I can add to both.

Any more troubleshoot advices will need an in-depth look into your computer, from a member of our tech team.

Please contact support@swtor.com with your LauncherDiag attached and one of our colleagues will contact you as soon as possible.

Also, rest assured that we are currently working internally on this issue which occurred after the 1.4 update.

Thank you for your efforts, I'd like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Hawath | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

paowee
10.03.2012 , 11:24 AM | #3
Thank you so much for the reply. Hopefully this can get fixed soon.

Have a good day.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

NasherUK
10.03.2012 , 11:49 AM | #4
Something in the code since the last patch is preventing the game from running as smooth as it used to. I have around 107 fps on the fleet (I dont use SLI), but it looks and feels more like 25-30 with micro-stutters.

It's not the new shadows or actual visual effects because changing settings makes no difference, it's something else behind the scenes. The game feeling rough is just the result of it.

Theagg
10.03.2012 , 12:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NasherUK View Post
Something in the code since the last hotfix patch is preventing the game from running as smooth as it used to. I have around 107 fps on the fleet (I dont use SLI), but it looks and feels more like 25-30 with micro-stutters.

It's not the new shadows or actual visual effects because changing settings makes no difference, it's something else behind the scenes. The game feeling rough is just the result of it.
Ahh, so at least I know it's not just an issue with my system then, as yes, post 1.4 my frame rate especially in warzones has dropped through the floor. In Voidstar for example it was down to around 5 to 10 fps. Pretty much unplayable in fact.

Pre 1.4 it was perfectly fine.

(Radeon HD 7970)

Skylerr
10.03.2012 , 12:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
Ahh, so at least I know it's not just an issue with my system then, as yes, post 1.4 my frame rate especially in warzones has dropped through the floor. In Voidstar for example it was down to around 5 to 10 fps. Pretty much unplayable in fact.

Pre 1.4 it was perfectly fine.

(Radeon HD 7970)
I was able to stop the micro-stuttering completely by changing the affinity to only 2 cores on the lower mem usage process. I used RadeonPro to force the setting automatically at launch. I am now actually getting better performance than I was pre-1.4 (screenshot of settings I'm using).

I do hope they get this sorted out soon so people don't have to scour the forums to find a workaround in the first place.

Radeon 6970
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Philastra
10.03.2012 , 12:37 PM | #7
Yes since 1.4 my FPS is aweful prior to 1.4 it was fine and ran great. Hope they fix this soon.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Theagg
10.03.2012 , 01:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylerr View Post
I was able to stop the micro-stuttering completely by changing the affinity to only 2 cores on the lower mem usage process. I used RadeonPro to force the setting automatically at launch. I am now actually getting better performance than I was pre-1.4 (screenshot of settings I'm using).

I do hope they get this sorted out soon so people don't have to scour the forums to find a workaround in the first place.

Radeon 6970
Hmm, sounds worth trying. Except, having installed RadeonPro it wont work. Every time I try to start RP, it comes up with an error screen and the message "RadeonPro encountered an unexpected error..."

Wonder if there is alternative software that can do the same ?

Skylerr
10.03.2012 , 01:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
Hmm, sounds worth trying. Except, having installed RadeonPro it wont work. Every time I try to start RP, it comes up with an error screen and the message "RadeonPro encountered an unexpected error..."
Well that is weird... I don't mean to be rude but that does kind of indicate there is a problem with your computer. I don't know where to even start to help but I've used that app on dozens of computers (I build gaming computers on the side) and I've never had that problem.
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Theagg
10.03.2012 , 02:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylerr View Post
Well that is weird... I don't mean to be rude but that does kind of indicate there is a problem with your computer. I don't know where to even start to help but I've used that app on dozens of computers (I build gaming computers on the side) and I've never had that problem.
Or possibly its an issue with RP expecting drivers that are not actually on my system. Or with Windows 7 x64 and RP not liking each other. Odd