Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loading Screen; Pink Screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Loading Screen; Pink Screen
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elcan
09.30.2012 , 08:42 PM | #11
Also while the screen is PINK or RED you can hit CTRL+U and you can see your last played character.
So maybe look at the UI glitching out? Look at it that way.

LordLectus
10.01.2012 , 06:23 PM | #12
I am also experiencing similar issues. Pink screen and glitchy menu. I have updated my drivers and ran repair but nothing seems to solve the problem. Help me?

LordLectus
10.01.2012 , 06:40 PM | #13
Here is my DxDiag info

Spoiler

Cerimon
10.01.2012 , 08:25 PM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Elcan and LordLectus,

Exiting and restarting the game can get rid of the pink/red/orange screen. Also nvidia users can try setting your video card preferences under "Adjust image settings with preview" to "Use my preference emphasizing: Performance".

LordLectus: you should also be aware that your nvidia GeForce 6150SE is below the System Requirements.

Let us know if the issue persists after these steps.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Skylerr
10.01.2012 , 08:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Elcan View Post
Ive done all of this as well, This neve happend until your patch... please dont point out its a driver or hardware issue.
This is on you! Forgive the tone in this message but it didnt do this EVER until the update!!
The community demands updates and improvements from Bioware so they do what they can to deliver. The new patch is not compatible with certain drivers... and the client is now taxing hardware more than it has in the past so people are now noticing HW issues that weren't obvious before (the root cause being the HW not the client). Its a valid thing to ask about.

Try editing your client_settings.ini to force Windowed mode? It seems like a lot of the new issues go away when you run in "Windowed" or "Fullscreen (Windowed)".

C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings

D3DFullscreen = false
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

LordLectus
10.02.2012 , 10:21 AM | #16
I've altered my video card preferences and i'm still getting a pinky orange menu. If nothing can be done i'll just have to stop paying til i get a new pc sorted out.

LordLectus
10.02.2012 , 10:27 AM | #17
also, what average price graphics card would you reccomend? (preferably an nvidia model)

Cerimon
10.02.2012 , 03:20 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings LordLectus,

It may be worthwhile installing a previous non-beta video driver as this may eliminate the pink screen you are seeing. We are unable to advise players on hardware upgrades.

Give another driver a go and let us know what happens.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Elcan
10.05.2012 , 08:19 PM | #19
Wow really, my system is beefy enough to run anythng in UH mode... I did do what was asked and updated drivers etc... Its on the programmers, Hit CTRL_U at the same time and see what i mean if it where the HW like some mentioned then it wouldnt matter with CTRL_U hit or not.....

This is programming

romanempire
10.12.2012 , 06:44 PM | #20
Hi, so I am having the same issue. I have updated my graphics driver but havent seen any change, hope someone can help. Here is my DxDiag

Spoiler