Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loading Screen; Pink Screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Loading Screen; Pink Screen
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rezonium
09.27.2012 , 05:08 PM | #1
I want to know if anyone has experienced the same problem and how it was resolved if ever resolved.
So i log on, get to the loading screen before character list, then my screen turns pink and have no access what so ever. i have no idea how to resolve this and wrote in to tec. support but no reply
if you were god, what would be the intent of your design?

Bronholz
09.27.2012 , 05:18 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Rezonium,

To help us investigate your issue can you please provide us with a Dxdiag.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)
Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

bowndim
09.27.2012 , 05:22 PM | #3
I have the same after 1.4. When I can login, graphics on the fritz all over the place. Game over.

CGilding
09.27.2012 , 05:50 PM | #4
Same problem, here's my info:

Spoiler

This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team

Bronholz
09.27.2012 , 06:12 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings CGilding,

Thanks for providing this information.

From your DxDiag it appears that you maybe using an outdated driver for your Graphics Card. You can find the latest available updates from the manufacturers website so please download the latest available version for your card.

Something I would also like you to try is running the Repair function from the launcher, this will check for and repair any corruptions in your game files. You can find this by logging into the launcher and clicking the cog icon.

Alfawulf
09.29.2012 , 12:45 PM | #6
I have this issue and am still getting the screen after updating drivers and running repair. Sometimes it lets me log in, most times not.

Bronholz
09.29.2012 , 06:55 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Alfawulf,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please could you provide us with a DxDiag? You can find the details of how in my first post.

Alfawulf
09.29.2012 , 07:14 PM | #8
I had already sent this is via email but have not gotten a response yet, even though I have gotten an in game notice saying it had been fixed through email.

Okay I guess they were asking for launcherdiag in that email. I can't post dxdiag here because it is over the 50k character limit? please let me know how to proceeed.

Bronholz
09.30.2012 , 12:52 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again,

Some players have found that the issue appears to be related to a multi-monitor setup in combination with the game running in fullscreen mode.

If this is the case I would like you to try the following steps:
  • Deactivate your secondary monitor in Windows
  • Start the game
  • Change the graphics settings to Fullscreen (Windowed)
  • Close the game, re-activate your secondary monitor and restart the game
Please let me know if this workaround helps.

Elcan
09.30.2012 , 08:37 PM | #10
Ive done all of this as well, This neve happend until your patch... please dont point out its a driver or hardware issue.
This is on you! Forgive the tone in this message but it didnt do this EVER until the update!!