Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashes and Freeze of game since 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crashes and Freeze of game since 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaerwolf
10.31.2012 , 04:32 PM | #71
Seems like Bioware are tying their best to get this to be a player side issue rather than facing that their game client is the problem. I see the entire forums spammed with basicly similiar stories. That Bioware fails to see the connection is beyond me, really.

Khumak
10.31.2012 , 05:35 PM | #72
Still just silence on this crashing.....please someone high up please respond on what the hell is going on and why no fix for this issue since 1.4 was released.

do the devs even read the forums and know how many people are affected by this issue?

im about to just give up on game, havn't been able to do Ops because of the constant crashing.

KostonxEld
11.01.2012 , 02:58 AM | #73
Ya this is really frustrating! I'm having this problem also since 1.4. Posted my own post about it and no response. Posted my digdx there also. Please we need info on if you guys are fixing this! I can't sub much longer if this doesn't get fixed!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Garanaga
11.07.2012 , 02:36 AM | #74
Ok I need to retract my last postings due to finally figuring out what my issue was. My hard drive was failing, so it seems to have been nothing to do with SWTOR. The hard drive was pretty old, so should have expected it. *shrugs*

Rajczu
11.27.2012 , 06:51 AM | #75
Hi everyone,
I play swtor since October and at the beginning everything was alright. But after update 1.5 my game crash to desktop after 2-2.5h. I did everything what was wrote in forums or other helping sites. I reinstall all my system, updates and drivers. I even write to costumer support and did not get any reply. My card is Radeon HD 5670, 4gb RAM, Intel 2x 3.06Ghz, Win 7. Nothing is overheat. Did anyone found any solution on this isue??

ramnut
12.02.2012 , 10:09 PM | #76
They keep coming out with updates like 1.5 and coming 1.6 but never fix the problems. I think they just want our money.

sparkleav
12.05.2012 , 05:39 AM | #77
All these game patches and updates yet there's no information on fixing these crashes. It's been happening since patch 1.4, some days worse than others. What's the latest Bioware?
પ્રજાસત્તાક માટે! - want to know what it says? Drop it into Google Translate.
*I'm a cookie master!*

DarthVengeant
12.05.2012 , 10:23 PM | #78
After the 3 crashes a day problems I had I decided to "upgrade". I am now on Win XP Pro 64 bit version and not the 32 bit and the game has crashed a grand total of 2 times in almost 4 weeks. (straight to DT) So, even though this game is supposed to not support Win XP Pro 64, it runs like a dream on it anyway. Of course, the extra 3.5 GB of ram helps too.

Laust
12.12.2012 , 05:02 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by MaddogSky View Post
My game has frozen while exiting a HM Black Talon FP been doing for 2 days now ,do you no when they going fix it Cant do HM Black Talon at all it was k be-for 1.4 now its not working. I HAVE DONE ALL what was told to
Run the repair function on the launcher -Run chkdsk. Run Memtest86+ (please run Memtest86+ 6 times )Run Windows Update and make sure all the latest updates are installed and i made sure my graphic card drivers are up to date. its sill happens when i exiting HM Black Talon FP . So what do i do now

on a side note this happen when i use group finder and when i don't use it
Got the same problem due to a faulty MemoryMan.dll

MythicEvil
04.14.2013 , 03:57 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings DarthVengeant,

Could you please complete the following steps to check if they help with the issue?
  • Run the repair function on the launcher. (To run the repair, please log in on the launcher, select the cog shape icon and then the repair function.)
  • Run chkdsk.
  • Run Memtest86+ (please run Memtest86+ at least 6 times).
  • Run Windows Update and make sure all the latest updates are installed.
  • Please make sure that your graphic card drivers are up to date.
Please come back to us if the issue remains after these steps.

I hope this helps!
Did all this and still I have my issue that might be the same as these people... The last few days the Game will freeze, then crash to the desktop after playing for about a minute. I checked all temps and logs to make sure nothing is over heating but I could not find any problems with my pc. It has been happening almost every time i try to play now! 1 time out of many yesterday I got to play more than a minute... is this a memory leak issue with the new patch?