Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB Secret Zone

ckoneful
12.01.2012 , 02:11 AM | #171
I am disappoint. Started reading from page 1 only to find nothing at the end D:
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Onzone
12.01.2012 , 08:00 AM | #172
Same here spent like half an hour reading through this thread to be heavily dissapointed, keep trying guy's I'm sure you'll crack this. Considering what this games been like I don't think it's something overly complicated.
FOR HOPE! FOR FREEDOM! FOR THE REPUBLIC!
We are Band Of Brothers,Hope,Faith,Freedom,Unity,
Ibi Semper Est in Tenebris Lumen. There is Always Light in Darkness

Anysao
12.01.2012 , 11:16 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Onzone View Post
Same here spent like half an hour reading through this thread to be heavily dissapointed, keep trying guy's I'm sure you'll crack this. Considering what this games been like I don't think it's something overly complicated.
I'm sure it's something in there... All fingers really point towards the dread guard's amulet and mask (mask from dreadtooth, and amulet is unknown) and possibly EC nightmare. Maybe you go in with the perform EV nightmare (baby drouk, maybe? those things are jumpers!)
Or maybe it's simple as something like enter the cave in full Dread Guard. It make sense why they named it that.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

KarethRiker
12.04.2012 , 04:04 PM | #174
I still want to crack this.

Things we know:
Red
  • text says, “You feel a strange and chilling presence.”
  • Dev comments as outlined here :
    1. Oldschool
    2. 10:30 Particulate: you want to know what’s in the cave? 10:30 Particulate: only what you bring with you. 10:31 Martin_smith: oh damn, troll and true at the same time
    3. Martin_smith: I wouldn’t worry about it right now Martin_smith: read the words

Things we can probably assume:
  • Requires 16 man HM since the text only appears on 16 man HM
  • Has to be obtainable by both Republic and Imperials, thus no unique ability to a single side

Thoughts/analysis:
  • Something needs to be brought into the cave. Now we don't know if that's an item or an NPC but it seems clear we're not bringing the trigger.
  • Likely requires a full party of 16 members on HM. Seems unlikely that the text would only trigger for that scenario and not require those conditions

So...
We need guesses on reference to oldschool that relate to the game. And what would you do to get a strange and chilling presence to appear. I thought maybe the clue troll was a reference to the lumbering beasts in the instance, but think that's over thinking it. Also thought maybe the Burba device could be used in the cave but it doesn't fit in well with the clues. Could it be related to the hypergate and the hypergate vortices that spawn in the instance? Is there anything hidding anywhere on the map before the cave?

Could it require all 16 members of the raid to have the pet drop from TFB? Seems extreme but could be possible.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

wargonglok
12.04.2012 , 04:28 PM | #175
if someone could find a clip of the scene from star wars wehre luke goes into the banyan tree holding the dark force nexus, and just watch it to look for clues.

judging from devs comments it has somehting to do with that.
Sniper, 'nough said

LordMalic
12.04.2012 , 05:32 PM | #176
the rumor is when NiM TFb is released there will be a bonus boss in there and the Dread guard helmets which Dread Tooth drops will be required for the fight.
X-RAIDED
Dravyn Ganderin Serpitina
SHADOWLANDS

snowmon
12.05.2012 , 03:44 AM | #177
i think i have an idea.......

unequip your weapons.....

ill leave you with this text from the empire strikes back:

Luke: There's something not right here... I feel cold. Death.
Yoda: [points to a cave opening beneath a large tree] That place... is strong with the dark side of the Force. A domain of evil it is. In you must go.
Luke: What's in there?
Yoda: Only what you take with you.

Yoda: Your weapons, you will not need them.

Luke: But tell me why I can't...
Yoda: No, no, there is no why. Nothing more will I teach you today. Clear your mind of questions.

enjoy, and thanks for reading.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Jenemi
12.05.2012 , 06:34 AM | #178
A lot of people have already tried going in without weapons equipped.
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
€ịịмąяїℓεαịị°♥ऄ██████████████████)

AshlaBoga
12.05.2012 , 06:38 AM | #179
Anyone know where I can get the Dread Amulet? I have the mask but I haven't seen an Amulet drop in HM TFB or from Dreadtooth.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Jenemi
12.05.2012 , 07:13 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Anyone know where I can get the Dread Amulet? I have the mask but I haven't seen an Amulet drop in HM TFB or from Dreadtooth.
Rumor is it drops from him on 5 stacks or higher.
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
€ịịмąяїℓεαịị°♥ऄ██████████████████)