Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB Secret Zone

Jenemi
10.10.2012 , 01:18 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
Why is the world event title old school? I don't think it will tie to the world event because that would lock a bunch of players out of it.

Based on my conversation with CKN I think they cracked it and are being tight lipped. I believe they solved it with just the hints that were given. I thought the pet would be related but believed CKN solved in on PTS when they had only one pet so either we're not doing the right thing with the pet or it's not the pet. I do think the going in without anything equipped is the answer and my guess is maybe the whole 16 person Ops group needs to do that.
They never finished it on the PTS if I recall correctly so they never got the pet on there.
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
€ịịмąяїℓεαịị°♥ऄ██████████████████)

Jazra
10.10.2012 , 01:38 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
They never finished it on the PTS if I recall correctly so they never got the pet on there.
This is correct. Astral was the only guild to clear it on PTS and that was in 8man HM. They were the first to confirm the pet.
Cali Killed Nox
World Progression Raiding

Thrills - Operative Healer
Website Stream

DarthBuckets
10.10.2012 , 02:56 PM | #123
Quote:
1. Oldschool

2. Particulate: you want to know what’s in the cave?
Particulate: only what you bring with you.
Martin_smith: oh damn, troll and true at the same time

3. Martin_smith: I wouldn’t worry about it right now
Martin_smith: read the words
I'm guessing you have to take something into the cave with you that is not available in the game right now. That would make sense with Martin indicating that the quote was a "troll" and that he "wouldn't worry about it right now."

Is it time for an official BioWare forum hint or confirmation that it is not fully implemented currently?

Regardless of the outcome or the mechanics of this, it is exciting to have mysteries in the game (in an MMO market that usually datamines / spoils / normalizes everything as soon it is released on a test server/realm).

Anysao
10.10.2012 , 03:04 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by KlownKiller View Post
Thought they were Jedi, but the force using lightsaber weilding guys in the pulls between writhing horror and dread guard.
Oh, those are Sith, not Jedi. You got me excited there for a moment.

I really doubt CKN actually figured it out. They said "don't worry about it" and such, maybe they just gave up?
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

KarethRiker
10.10.2012 , 03:49 PM | #125
I don't know... if you look at Jazra's post above, I would expect he would have just told us if they hadn't figured it out.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Oh, those are Sith, not Jedi. You got me excited there for a moment.

I really doubt CKN actually figured it out. They said "don't worry about it" and such, maybe they just gave up?
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

dipstik
10.15.2012 , 11:13 AM | #126
Quote from PTS:

I have no definitive feedback, information, or strategies on Dreadtooth. All I can really say is that he drops the Dread Guard's Corrupted Mask which is Adaptive Armor in nature and is initially given with no stats and a buff which has no tooltip (probably a bug). There is speculation that the mask itself may house a special ability or trigger for other areas. The description reads, "This ancient mask is the most striking component of the ceremonial armor worn by the Dread Guard. The helm's frightful, etched visage is designed to strike fear into the hearts of enemies." Here's a picture.

DeeMoneyBig
10.15.2012 , 01:16 PM | #127
We spent about 45 minutes in the cave last night after clearing TFB on 16 man hm - tried a lot of things including calling the pet that TFB drops. Went in naked, went in without weapons, scoured the walls for clickies, etc... Nothing worked.

We finally just all got naked and sat in the pool that is in there. Good times.

Tarquinas - Nomad
Scar - <Revelation>

KarethRiker
10.15.2012 , 02:10 PM | #128
What about using the tool that helps locate underground HK parts in the cave. I'm thinking it may detect something in the cave even if it is not HK related.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Anysao
10.15.2012 , 02:22 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
Quote from PTS:

I have no definitive feedback, information, or strategies on Dreadtooth. All I can really say is that he drops the Dread Guard's Corrupted Mask which is Adaptive Armor in nature and is initially given with no stats and a buff which has no tooltip (probably a bug). There is speculation that the mask itself may house a special ability or trigger for other areas. The description reads, "This ancient mask is the most striking component of the ceremonial armor worn by the Dread Guard. The helm's frightful, etched visage is designed to strike fear into the hearts of enemies." Here's a picture.
50 credits says this is our answer. Can I see a pic?
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.