Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB Secret Zone

dipstik
09.27.2012 , 02:08 PM | #1
In 16 man hard mode TFB there is a cave (You can find the cave gaurded by several beasts... between the 1st and 2nd boss beneathe a bridge) that displays the text "You feel a chilling presence" which does not occur for SM or 8m HM.

If everyone has the dread guard mask that drops from dreadtooth, and one person has the amulet that drops off of 10 stack dreadtooth, someone can use the amulet and summon this bonus boss (Dreadful Entity) to get the "Dread Slayer" title and an orb. You can use this orb to summon a powerful aura around you or another (enemy or PC)

not sure what the orb is for. Someone dropped this hint:

"The orb is a gateway to something more. You will find it where they scream together in the darkness of your mercy. "

World First goes to Carnage Gaming.

Looks like the stairs before Thrasher in SnV will also harbor a secret boss.

DustinDune
09.27.2012 , 02:18 PM | #2
Are you talking about the cave in between the 1st and 2nd boss? if so then my group also found this thinking there would be a chest in it. It was on SM 8-man and there was a mob there guarding it but there was nothing in it nor did we get red text or anything like that.
Mumakil - Pommel - Strakovic - Versingetorix - Shae'vizkil -
Olos'nah - Cortonk - Adorria - Kratzer - Mumakill
Rancorslayer Legacy - The Harbinger - <Epic Gaming>
36K+ AP

dipstik
09.27.2012 , 02:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DustinDune View Post
Are you talking about the cave in between the 1st and 2nd boss? if so then my group also found this thinking there would be a chest in it. It was on SM 8-man and there was a mob there guarding it but there was nothing in it nor did we get red text or anything like that.
yeah that cave... but u need 16m HM

Fortunefive
09.27.2012 , 03:52 PM | #4
you should get us a SS of its location. Are you saying its in between Tron boss and Kephess?

dipstik
09.27.2012 , 04:07 PM | #5
i guess its between the 2nd and 3rd boss... i could have sworn it was near the lore, where the trash beasts were

http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?cat=139

some good discussion on this blog:

Things that have been tried:
Entering with everything unequipped and no items in inventory.
Entering with certain Vanity Pets (specific pets needed)
Going in with Shockfrozen Water
Going in with the Normal Water Buff
Going in with an Orobird Egg (I think this has been tried anyway? Feel free to correct me if not)
Going in with both the Egg and the Water Buff (I think this has been tried anyway? Feel free to correct me if not)
Going in with a Magenta Adegan Crystal
Going in with a Magenta Crystal
Going in with a Rough Magenta Shard
Going in with the Ice Scrabbler Jerky
Going in with the Ice Scrabbler Jerky Buff
Having everyone in there at much and having a Dance Party (okay, maybe not that last part)
Dragging monster’s into the cave and killing them.
Going in with the Nightmare Pilgrim Debuff only

Things that still need to be tried:
Going in with a Pristine Adegan Crystal
Dance Party/Something that plays music
Going in with Womp Rat Fever
Going in with the buffs from Outlaw’s Den
Dueling in the cave.
Going in with the Nightmare Pilgrim Buff
Going back after finishing the instance on HM 16-man for the first time. (EMPTY/Locked-out INSTANCE)
Checking it out the next time you do it (Not locked-out/Empty instance) after finishing the instance on HM 16-man for the first time
Checking it after completing the story quest.
Checking it after completing it on both story and hardmode.

My main ideas are that whatever you do, it either:
A. Summons a boss (My main instinct is a Force Ghost) that drops something special.
B. Gives a Pet
C. Gives a Color Crystal

Anysao
09.27.2012 , 04:19 PM | #6
Creapy! Try going in with no armor.
"Only what you bring with you."
-Yoda.

I mean, if something comes out and kills you, I'm sorry, but this theory makes sense.
Anyways! Please, keep this thread updated! I want to ear what's in there! And good luck!
Personal reward theory: Black-purple PVE crystal, like the black-orange PVE crystal from EC, (TFB's prequel) and both are sold as PvP versions.
I would LOVE a pet from the Hypergate... Strange monster thing. Or a baby final boss!
Odds are its a pet or crystal. This is Star Wars, think lore... Something that has to do with the op, and the dread masters...
Good luck friend, may the force be with you.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

dominius
09.27.2012 , 05:17 PM | #7
We noticed that cave right before we got to the 2nd boss encounter in 16-EC HM so we went down there, killed all the mobs and went in the cave to see the red text but nothing happened and we didn't try anything else to find out.

The lore object is on the way to this cave but its Codex entry didn't seem to give any clues either.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

Twickers
09.27.2012 , 05:38 PM | #8
possible secret nightmare mode boss? :P
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Jenemi
09.27.2012 , 09:44 PM | #9
The lore object is between the second and first boss. The cave is down from the bridge right after the miniboss.
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
€ịịмąяїℓεαịị°♥ऄ██████████████████)

Blinkinsage
09.28.2012 , 10:00 AM | #10
chillin presence seems to me like a lingering ghost. Did anyone /sleep? or possibly the whole group? just throwing ideas out.