Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Deception Dark Embrace / Darkswell Change (potential bug)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
1.4 Deception Dark Embrace / Darkswell Change (potential bug)

spond
09.27.2012 , 01:20 PM | #1
So, I was testing out some of the new changes and noticed my defense ratings (in the character sheet) don't change when I enter or exit dark embrace; even though I have the darkswell perk.

I think it is working in combat because I'm not having as hard a time staying upright, but I don't know if that's because of my more liberal use of force cloak (cool down change) and overall damage increase from having dark embrace up longer; not to mention that shock is working properly and the maul buff.

Can someone else test or confirm?

Pyrinoos
09.27.2012 , 01:21 PM | #2
Someone mentioned and tested this in the pts forums and on the pts it was working just not showing on the character sheet.
<Silent Council> Lamech - Assassin | A'chan - Mercenary
<Berserk> Zillah - PT | Koráh - Sniper
<Project Mayhem> Lamęch - Mara | Sethur - Op | Amalek - Jugg
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

JLazarillo
09.27.2012 , 01:26 PM | #3
There are quite a few buffs to damage resistance that don't seem to show up on the character sheet, as I recall. Wonder if it's one over-arching bug, or just an oversight made on each individual ability.

CBRGhostRider
10.01.2012 , 03:39 AM | #4
Here is some food for thought. It isn't obvious whether the damage reduction is additive or not.

e.g. say you have a base DR of 20%. Will this make your DR with dark embrace go to 20+25=45?
or Will it be 20 + (25% of remaining 80) = 20+20=40

In my experience, if it is the latter, it isn't displayed on the character sheet.

I have a juggernaut tank, and the damage reductions due to enraged defense (15%) and unstoppable (20%) seem to stack additively with my base DR. However the damage reduction due to invincible (40%) does not seem to stack additively with my base DR.

e.g. I have 52% base DR on my jug

when I pop enraged defense and charge to get unstoppable, my DR on the character screen actually goes to 52+15+20=87. I have seen it display 87% damage reduction (which is why im truly immortal with the huttball I suppose lol).

Now when I pop invincible, it shows NEITHER 52+40=92% NOR 52+(40% of 48) = approx 70%. The number remains 52%. However I feel more tankier than 52%.

Anyway, that was a long post, but hope it makes sense. I think the 25% due to dark embrace/darkswell is applied to the damage after the original DR due to armor, and the character sheet just does not show it.