Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's Bugtastic!

Andryah
09.27.2012 , 12:34 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
While all of this may be true. I am also having a lot of problems with SWTOR (stuttering etc.) after patch 1.4. I will also say that prior to 1.4 I had NO problems. I will also add that I have never had any performance problems with any other MMORPG prior to SWTOR. This leads me to believe that SWTOR is most likely the culprit; specifically patch 1.4. While I can prove no direct causality, I do view patch 1.4 as highly suspect.

I am not saying the patch did not introduce some performance issues for some players.

I believe it did, because it is being reported by some players.

They said they rewrote the way they handle shadows, which means they had to be tinkering with the graphics part of the game. I have yet to see an MMO where they tinker with the graphics part of the game and some players do not have adverse affects from it. They sorted this kind of issue out before, and they will do it again I am sure.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

GnatB
09.27.2012 , 01:05 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Savro View Post
They were because, in 1.2 patch they allowed (theoretically) to send 2 companions to the same mission (if you have 2 copies of it), but if you click into 2 identical mission discoveries before completing the first one, the second is simply lost, in the same way you loose an already known schematic.
That 1.2 patch note only claimed to have resolved that issue, but it never worked as intended.
It is a well-know confirmed and investigated (but not resolved) bug!
IIRC, before 1.2 it worked just fine and you could send multiple companions on the same mission. 1.2 is what BROKE it... Though I'm not convinced it was a "break". I've noticed several times patch notes have claimed something fixed that was previously working, and after the patch it is no longer "working". I suspect the fact that you COULD send 2 companions on the same mission wasn't intended and was the bug that was fixed in 1.2. I expect the bug report title was "you can send 2 companions on the same mission" or somesuch. When the person who took the "bug fixed" reports wrote up the patch notes, they quoted the bug title exactly, instead of inverting it.

Savro
09.27.2012 , 01:10 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
IIRC, before 1.2 it worked just fine and you could send multiple companions on the same mission. 1.2 is what BROKE it... Though I'm not convinced it was a "break". I've noticed several times patch notes have claimed something fixed that was previously working, and after the patch it is no longer "working". I suspect the fact that you COULD send 2 companions on the same mission wasn't intended and was the bug that was fixed in 1.2. I expect the bug report title was "you can send 2 companions on the same mission" or somesuch. When the person who took the "bug fixed" reports wrote up the patch notes, they quoted the bug title exactly, instead of inverting it.
My experience is different: it never worked before or after 1.2 doesnt change, never worked for me. before 1.2 there was a message error that prevented the operation (and the waste) after the error disappeared but the waste came...
And BW CS confirmed me theat now it is not working as intended...

GnatB
09.27.2012 , 01:39 PM | #34
Wierd. Pretty sure before 1.2 you could learn the mission, send somebody out on it, learn the mission again, send somebody else on it, etc. You just couldn't learn the mission 2x, then send 2 people off on it. IIRC that was one of the biggest complaints with 1.2, that at the end of the night you could no longer send all 5 people out on 340 missions.

Miggzy
09.27.2012 , 01:52 PM | #35
Most obvious one for me is that I cant interact with the text box anymore to talk to people, and it kinda flickers as I scroll my mouse over it. Also for the first time ever I was running into invisible walls yesterday in huttball, dont know if it was a super rare bug involving the lifts but it was pretty weird. Also I have noticed my game stutters more frequently now like lag hiccups or something and I have all graphic settings on very low or off.

Qarran
09.27.2012 , 01:58 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Miggzy View Post
Most obvious one for me is that I cant interact with the text box anymore to talk to people, and it kinda flickers as I scroll my mouse over it. Also for the first time ever I was running into invisible walls yesterday in huttball, dont know if it was a super rare bug involving the lifts but it was pretty weird. Also I have noticed my game stutters more frequently now like lag hiccups or something and I have all graphic settings on very low or off.
The invisible walls are lag. It has been happening on starter planets for some time but was a bit more noticable after the last server consolidation. Just FYI.

Evalyn
09.27.2012 , 02:01 PM | #37
And the pictures on our UI of us and companions with the blacked out eyes, mouth and ears. I almost fade into the background. :c

Sol-Ra
09.27.2012 , 02:05 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by LARams View Post
and as will start to be realized over the next few weeks. They broke heavy armor and how damage is implemented.

It's just a matter of time until people start parsing the numbers to prove it.
I agree I was running a mission with my level 40 trooper today. And I noticed he was taking way more damage than I'm used to watching him take. This was against level 38-40 mobs and I felt I was getting hit way too hard.
Sol-Ra Mundari
{DPS Vigilance Guardian - 55}
REGULATORS
CE VIP SK

<Star-Gazers>
The Harbinger

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here. - Qui-Gon Jinn Ep 1

Qarran
09.27.2012 , 02:13 PM | #39
I have a pretty high end rig, and the game looks better than ever now. I can see the difference the shadows are making. However, I'm not sure I'm in the majority. As for other bugs... I have been very lucky. I haven't been impacted or am oblivious to them.

But my intent in this post is to show that experiences vary. With GTN back up, I did see an offhand, a shield, that was complete with 3 mods. That I had not seen before... and I have to get me one those!

Qarran
09.27.2012 , 02:17 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Sol-Ra View Post
I agree I was running a mission with my level 40 trooper today. And I noticed he was taking way more damage than I'm used to watching him take. This was against level 38-40 mobs and I felt I was getting hit way too hard.
Ran my Commando through his dailies today with out issues. At 50, if there was an issue with armor, I would have noticed it quickly in th daily heroics. I take quite a bit of damage and have little mitigation as dps so I'm sensitive to it. On the flip side.... the new interrupt works very well.