Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's Bugtastic!

Blackavaar
09.27.2012 , 12:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
None of it makes the game "nigh unplayable", unless you have a hair trigger on your frustration threshold.

Meh.... it will all get fixed. Meanwhile... plenty to do in game, taxis blimping or not.
Unless the game randomly freezes and drops you and you have to log in again. Seriously, last night I had to log back in 5 times over the course of a 4 hour play session. That, IMO, is nigh unplayable.

And btw, my Shadows are turned off.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

malangus
09.27.2012 , 12:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
Yeah. Pretty much. It was great that everybody who wanted to do actual testing was able to copy their character over or make a new one and automatically level them to 50 and have end game gear given to them. Oh wait. That's another game I'm thinking about. My bad.
One question.
How can they be able to test a new operation mechanic if people have the latest top notch gear, which even in normal servers people sometimes go under gear?

There was no need for an end-game char with the highest lvl gear to test most of the features introduced in this patch (LFG changes, graphic changes, group loot changes, etc). That's gear may only be needed for raiding people that will test the new raid, and which probably already have the current highest gear anyway.

End game operation testing is for people that reach that current end-game status and has gear, not for any regular player that is probably "Ok" at dungeons, that break stunts on every pull because he don't know even that CC means, or is using the incorrect stats/gear (Operatives using AIM, heavy armor knights/warriors using medium armor). If you can't get past EV, then the others new or old operations are away from you.

Andryah
09.27.2012 , 12:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Unless the game randomly freezes and drops you and you have to log in again. Seriously, last night I had to log back in 5 times over the course of a 4 hour play session. That, IMO, is nigh unplayable.

I have had no drops from the game, so... sorry... not my experience. This MMO, for me, has been the most stable I have played in a long time on my comp. But I acknowledge that there are a zillion different comp configurations and other subtlties that can pop a game breaker for a particular player. Only way to avoid that would be to never patch or change anything.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Apaolo
09.27.2012 , 12:10 PM | #24

Had a guildy dealing with this last night, everytime he accepted a group invite, it DC'd him lol.

He eventually logged into GW2. =(

PlagaNerezza
09.27.2012 , 12:12 PM | #25
I have had no drops from the game, so... sorry... not my experience. This MMO, for me, has been the most stable I have played in a long time on my comp. But I acknowledge that there are a zillion different comp configurations and other subtlties that can pop a game breaker for a particular player. Only way to avoid that would be to never patch or change anything.
There was enough testers posting issues with fps and lag/latency they knew it was more than a few odd configurations. They went ahead anyways with 1.4 with shadows to met a deadline as opposed to making sure it was an actual improvement.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

malangus
09.27.2012 , 12:15 PM | #26

I said working as spected...

But that doesn't mean crashing like crazy,
I also have to restart like 5 times. Around a game restart every hour or hour and a half.

Sadly this game had a memory leak since release. If you watch the memory consumption of the game, it keeps increasing until resources are eaten. I don't know if they looked at it, but is easily verified by the Windows Task Manager app. The more areas you visit, the faster the game eats the memory. On a 32-bit windows under normal pre 1.4 patch it may give you 4-6 hours playtime.

moonshoter
09.27.2012 , 12:16 PM | #27
[*]Crafting schematics broken (now they let you learn them even when you know them, resulting in a loss of schematics that could have been traded)

not just Schamatic its anything we learn in our books monuts , mission for Crew skills . thats a very old bug they acttly fixed a alof of PATCHES BACK . NO idea why they broke it .

It wouldn't be so bad if they would fix bugs they caused in a patch . there is still along time bug they have yet to fixx sense 1.3 trhe gamma slider still doesnt work right . and i guess its safe to say everytime they do a update expext more bugs or other things that worked fine to be broke . ( ....

Urael
09.27.2012 , 12:20 PM | #28
While all of this may be true. I am also having a lot of problems with SWTOR (stuttering etc.) after patch 1.4. I will also say that prior to 1.4 I had NO problems. I will also add that I have never had any performance problems with any other MMORPG prior to SWTOR. This leads me to believe that SWTOR is most likely the culprit; specifically patch 1.4. While I can prove no direct causality, I do view patch 1.4 as highly suspect.

GooseGrims
09.27.2012 , 12:22 PM | #29
like many ppl im losing patients, tomorrow is payday and im getting MoP and resubbing to WoW. and before ppl try to bash me saying WoW is no better i have played wow since 1 week after its launch and they wouldnt break so many things with there patches, and if they did break something thier fix actually fixed it and didnt cause more issues. im considering keeping my sub going till the F2P switch incase i feel like playing again after F2P hits and have all the bonus CC to spend, but im pretty sure its just going to be a waste of $30.

also ESO looks promising but thats about a year away, then you have Titan peaking its ugly head out and as long as that isnt like Reachs multiplayer (assuming Titan is a Halo MMO) then it should be ok.

i guess my point is there are alot of choices out there and im not wasting anymore of my time waiting for BW to pull thier heads from thier collective rears.

i had high hopes for this game, and loved that DE (or was it JO) had said this is our game and they made it for us, well that clearly is not the case since they dont listen to a word from the players, and i dont mean the 1 or 2 ppl on the suggestion forums that ask for something off the wall or game breaking like dual wielding double sided sabers. i mean like half the community asking for same gender romance and basically being ignored for a year, that is one example that shows this is not our game and they dont give a flying rats bottom what we want.

thats one thing i really like about Blizzard they had a dev (forgot which one) go on the WoW forums and say something along the lines of "this is out game we will do what we want" they are upfront not trying to pull the wool over our eyes like EAware.
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Blackavaar
09.27.2012 , 12:25 PM | #30
Also, just remembered this one.

Can't right click on anyone's name in Chat or Guild list, so you have manually type /invite charactername to invite anyone to your group. Also have to add friends and ignore manually. Whisper works, but only when you left click.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]