Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception DPS 1.4 before and after

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Deception DPS 1.4 before and after

djmurloc
09.27.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1
O a, curious to see how much differences since patch. Please post the damage differences you've noticed

Side note: Maul seems to not be criting as hard on the operations dummy than on actual bosses. Like 2k less. :\

Via Mox Parser on Operations dummy

Please use this format:
Gear: 5 columi, 4 Rakata, 2 BH,
MH - Columi equiv.
Melee Damage (pri) 851-1032
Acc 98.93
Crit 31.11
Surge 76.62
Spec: 7/31/3
1.3 -- Around 1000
1.4 - Around 1200
Kellers Void/ The Lev beta tester
Panda hater.

Andar
09.27.2012 , 12:55 PM | #2
Given your gear is still a work in progress. This isn't so bad at all.
Right now I'm currently running in full min/maxed BH gear with no set bonus :-(

Primary maxed around 1100-1295 (roughly)
Melée bonus: 700
Force: 995
Crit: 33%

On the ops dummy I'm parsing around 1550-1600 in a 5 minute window.
Pre patch I was around 1250-1400 max.

Definitely pleased with the changes.

Jaronicity
09.27.2012 , 06:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Andar View Post
Given your gear is still a work in progress. This isn't so bad at all.
Right now I'm currently running in full min/maxed BH gear with no set bonus :-(

Primary maxed around 1100-1295 (roughly)
Melée bonus: 700
Force: 995
Crit: 33%

On the ops dummy I'm parsing around 1550-1600 in a 5 minute window.
Pre patch I was around 1250-1400 max.

Definitely pleased with the changes.
What spec are you running? I can't find reliable info on whether 2/31/8 is better than 7/31/3. Or is it negligible?

Dierdrea
09.27.2012 , 07:58 PM | #4
It is still not adequate for pve imo, I am clocking around 1500 dps on dummy in my gear on deception but close to 1600 on madness. The rotation is a lot easier with stealth/blackout regen force but there is still a lot of dry periods if I over burst.

The burst in pvp is nuts now, it was pretty decent before patch but now its close to OP. And rage smashers can't really do much to me with my the aoe reduction and blackout 25% dmg reduction, it is just silly :P Not even counting in force shroud and other def cooldowns...

Zaxem
09.27.2012 , 10:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dierdrea View Post
It is still not adequate for pve imo, I am clocking around 1500 dps on dummy in my gear on deception but close to 1600 on madness. The rotation is a lot easier with stealth/blackout regen force but there is still a lot of dry periods if I over burst.

The burst in pvp is nuts now, it was pretty decent before patch but now its close to OP. And rage smashers can't really do much to me with my the aoe reduction and blackout 25% dmg reduction, it is just silly :P Not even counting in force shroud and other def cooldowns...
that may me true but i think i'm gonna stick with deception even if madness is still alot higher dps i hate madness and i think deception is alot more fun to ply
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

drounds
09.28.2012 , 12:41 PM | #6
Can u Deception's post your build and ROTATION PLZ , for raids and flash pts

PlagaNerezza
09.28.2012 , 07:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
What spec are you running? I can't find reliable info on whether 2/31/8 is better than 7/31/3. Or is it negligible?
I run 3/31/7 deception for pvp. It is significantly improved. I run surging charge. I find the burst to fantastic. I'd rather have the consistent added dmg the other 3% AP provides statistically then the potential to get a second shock increased roll an additional 15%.

I would call that a preferences issue and depending RNG luck the difference could be measured to provide you a better picture, but that is hard to quantify.

I run a build that uses spike out of stealth and take the added spike skill that reduces movement speed.

I open with spike, maul, shock.

I use voltaic slash twice hoping to get duplicity to pop.

I then use low slash, maul, shock.

You'll probably need to stealth or blackout for force. You can usually electrocute, voltaic, maul, shock after that if the opponent isn't dead.

I am doing a lot of burst and surviving longer.

Tanksin survivability was nerfed. Deception plays like a marauder now.

I miss force pull a lot and huttball just isn't as fun as being a ball carrier.

Make sure you use your slows, sprints as you see fit. I pepper in whirlwind. I never use crushing (DoT). You may want to spike and voltaic, voltaic, shock. That is up to your personal preference IMO.

Add in recklessness as you find its ready with shock. Pepper in discharge when its off cooldown. I use it when someone is at range and I am closing out of stealth.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Caoboi
10.03.2012 , 08:32 AM | #8
With the 2/31/8 build what are you putting the 2 points on in Darkness, Thrashing Blades or Charge Mastery?
The Harbinger
Abaddòn Juggernaut | Argotron Powertech | Masama Assassin
Either shut him up or shut him down! - Solo

RankorSSGS
10.03.2012 , 01:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
I run a build that uses spike out of stealth and take the added spike skill that reduces movement speed.

I open with spike, maul, shock.

I use voltaic slash twice hoping to get duplicity to pop.
Try again, out of stealth spike is too far up in darkness to get as deception.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

PlagaNerezza
10.03.2012 , 02:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
Try again, out of stealth spike is too far up in darkness to get as deception.
You open from stealth with spike. I never said in deception I had spike outside of stealth. Hence the term (OPEN with).

As to the question on what 2 points or 3 in darkness I prefer the addition armor penetration in charge mastery as thrash and voltaic are not the big DPS skills.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄