Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Official Server Progression Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Official Server Progression Thread

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
09.28.2012 , 03:45 AM | #21
Also another post, lets see if ppl agree with me on this, as Server firsts kills should be considered from time taken on killing a boss, wish they had a way to do that, would be awesome, cus sometimes first just meant someone who started earlier and / or spent10 hours raiding, when other prob did in 5 hours less, starting late night lol >_<

So yeah, wish there should be a method for that in game, that would be kick ***, anyway its too exploitable and prob impossible to do.

Anyways Bioware should deploy a hardest Ops from NiM denova or w/e comes next, so many guilds progressing thru most of it alredy in HM, is rly dissapointing after waiting 4-5 months for it

shadowgnome's Avatar


shadowgnome
09.28.2012 , 03:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by carlenux View Post
also another post, lets see if ppl agree with me on this, as server firsts kills should be considered from time taken on killing a boss, wish they had a way to do that, would be awesome, cus sometimes first just meant someone who started earlier and / or spent10 hours raiding, when other prob did in 5 hours less, starting late night lol >_<

so yeah, wish there should be a method for that in game, that would be kick ***, anyway its too exploitable and prob impossible to do.

Anyways bioware should deploy a hardest ops from nim denova or w/e comes next, so many guilds progressing thru most of it alredy in hm, is rly dissapointing after waiting 4-5 months for it

go to bed so we can raid tomorrow!!!!!!!
"First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination."

dominius's Avatar


dominius
09.28.2012 , 04:27 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
Also another post, lets see if ppl agree with me on this, as Server firsts kills should be considered from time taken on killing a boss, wish they had a way to do that, would be awesome, cus sometimes first just meant someone who started earlier and / or spent10 hours raiding, when other prob did in 5 hours less, starting late night lol >_<
I honestly don't think people on this server care about "firsts" for raid kills. As far as I know EI got two server firsts in 16-TFB HM but I don't even know if that's true because there could be some guild that did it before us and didn't bother posting in this thread. And clearly we don't care because we're not altering our raid schedule to get extra days in to beat someone to a kill.

I might go a step further and say the vast majority of people playing SWTOR don't know or care who the top guilds are in progression raids and that the people who do care about that are leveling pandas right now.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

Spatology's Avatar


Spatology
09.28.2012 , 10:08 AM | #24
<Momentum@Drooga's Pleasure Bardge>

We killed the first boss, died to adds, when we came back we were in a diffrent phase or something =(

My clocks are CST.

Second boss: http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/..._17_996366.jpg

Third boss: http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/..._48_986783.jpg

If you arent keen on adding us until we get a shot of the first one, i understand.

Zainitopia's Avatar


Zainitopia
09.28.2012 , 11:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by dominius View Post
I honestly don't think people on this server care about "firsts" for raid kills. As far as I know EI got two server firsts in 16-TFB HM but I don't even know if that's true because there could be some guild that did it before us and didn't bother posting in this thread. And clearly we don't care because we're not altering our raid schedule to get extra days in to beat someone to a kill.

I might go a step further and say the vast majority of people playing SWTOR don't know or care who the top guilds are in progression raids and that the people who do care about that are leveling pandas right now.
Completely agree with this. I think most of us care about getting the content down in a reasonable amount of time. I definitely follow what other people are killing but I have never posted what we have killed ourselves and from what I can tell, Envy doesn't either. I don't think its because nobody on this server cares, I just think everyone on the server is really humble. You hit the nail on the head when you said those people are off playing MoP, instead of worrying about who the top guild is.

When you think about it, can someone really be considered the top guild when they themselves are reporting the kills? If there's guilds that are not reporting their kills, that does not make them any better or worse than the ones that are. Maybe that's why the people who are most concerned about this are off playing WoW because tracking that is all automatic, whether you want it to be or not.
Zainitopia - Envy

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
09.28.2012 , 12:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dominius View Post
I honestly don't think people on this server care about "firsts" for raid kills. As far as I know EI got two server firsts in 16-TFB HM but I don't even know if that's true because there could be some guild that did it before us and didn't bother posting in this thread. And clearly we don't care because we're not altering our raid schedule to get extra days in to beat someone to a kill.

I might go a step further and say the vast majority of people playing SWTOR don't know or care who the top guilds are in progression raids and that the people who do care about that are leveling pandas right now.
i think your comment is OFF topic in a server thread callr <Official server progression thread>, if u dont care, u dont read this lol, and if theres people that killed the boss befoer everyone, and didnt post it here or somewhere in the forums, simply it never happened and no one will know lol.

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
09.28.2012 , 12:50 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zainitopia View Post
Completely agree with this. I think most of us care about getting the content down in a reasonable amount of time. I definitely follow what other people are killing but I have never posted what we have killed ourselves and from what I can tell, Envy doesn't either. I don't think its because nobody on this server cares, I just think everyone on the server is really humble. You hit the nail on the head when you said those people are off playing MoP, instead of worrying about who the top guild is.

When you think about it, can someone really be considered the top guild when they themselves are reporting the kills? If there's guilds that are not reporting their kills, that does not make them any better or worse than the ones that are. Maybe that's why the people who are most concerned about this are off playing WoW because tracking that is all automatic, whether you want it to be or not.
once again another off topic post, this is a post for ppl who want to be known for their kills, And care about it. Also none from my guild is playing pandas, thats your guild not mine, As far as i agree the part that it should be automatic, this is the only reasonable way to know in this game.

Manuelus's Avatar


Manuelus
09.28.2012 , 01:09 PM | #28
Guild Name: Hatred

Boss Downed: Operator IX
Difficulty & Raid Size: 8m HM
Screenshot: PICS FROM ALL KILLS WITH TIME HERE
Time: 12 Am EDT 09/28/2012

Guild Name: Hatred
Boss Downed: Kephess The Undying HM
Difficulty & Raid Size: 8m HM
Screenshot: PICS FROM ALL KILLS WITH TIME HERE
Time: 1:23 AM EDT 09/28/2012
ANAKYN / KITTYCAT / INTRINCARE / AVARITIA
HATRED'S GUILD LEADER

PaintOnASign's Avatar


PaintOnASign
09.28.2012 , 01:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
i think your comment is OFF topic in a server thread callr <Official server progression thread>, if u dont care, u dont read this lol, and if theres people that killed the boss befoer everyone, and didnt post it here or somewhere in the forums, simply it never happened and no one will know lol.
Just because someone genuinely doesn't care if they were ahead of somebody on time, doesn't mean the event can't be recorded. It's still server 'history'. Plus, these threads are always good for players who may be looking for a new raiding guild, not just for stroking one's e-peen. Pretending to be a forum moderator never helps anyone.

dominius's Avatar


dominius
09.28.2012 , 03:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
i think your comment is OFF topic in a server thread callr <Official server progression thread>
I was responding to YOU and only making the point that those things you want in this game are not likely to happen any time soon because SWTOR is not big on progression raiding like WoW. Defensive much?

Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
if u dont care, u dont read this lol
I suggest you read the thread because not only have I read it I've posted kills in it twice.

Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
and if theres people that killed the boss befoer everyone, and didnt post it here or somewhere in the forums, simply it never happened and no one will know lol.
Facts are facts whether you know them are not. If someone killed a boss first and didn't tell anyone, they still killed the boss first.

Back to the topic... Zainitopia, you should tell folks in Errant Venture and Envy to post stuff. It's nice to know there are more guilds clearing the content regardless of official time/dates.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus