Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voidstar - 955k Damage - 1068.68 DPS - 6.8K Crits - Screenshot

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Voidstar - 955k Damage - 1068.68 DPS - 6.8K Crits - Screenshot

Ryvirath
09.28.2012 , 08:38 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
I feel like you can def. show off more individual skill as Carnage, less as Annihilation, and even less as Rage.

The issue is that even though Carnage has more utility, the damage output that Rage brings far outweighs the utility in Ranked Warzones where you can crit multiple players for 5-7k.

I am actually very surprised, I thought regardless of the Rage buff I would continue to play Carnage due to it's superior utility. After playing Rage for 3 games, I realized that utility means nothing when you have an AoE that will crit 5 players for over 30k damage.
I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. Rage as a mara is too obscene to want to spec anything else for competitive play, but in terms of a 'skill ceiling' and enjoyability it does seem to be lower than carnage/anni. Once the novelty of super smash wears off it's kind of stale especially with berserk essentially eliminating any need to manage resources.

Wookieenator
10.04.2012 , 01:33 PM | #13
picked up 1 million dmg yesterday, took me longer than I thought but at least it was a fair 15 minute voidstar and not a 30min novare or civil war. http://i.imgur.com/bzquD.jpg

TheronFett
10.04.2012 , 02:45 PM | #14
Honestly, I'm not impressed. It's not difficult to put up huge damage numbers when you have 1.2 million in heals.

A couple of these screenshots are also uninspiring. These were essentially tie games where the poster's team won due to a game mechanic rather than team play....proving once again that big damage means nothing in warzones. There's a guy in my guild like this. Always boasting about how awesome he is, and bragging about how he nailed some newb in recruit gear with a 7k crit. Did you win the game? No, we lost. Then who cares?

Rage spec is the new Pyro. Very low skill cap for huge damage.

Wookieenator
10.04.2012 , 06:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Honestly, I'm not impressed. It's not difficult to put up huge damage numbers when you have 1.2 million in heals.

A couple of these screenshots are also uninspiring. These were essentially tie games where the poster's team won due to a game mechanic rather than team play....proving once again that big damage means nothing in warzones. There's a guy in my guild like this. Always boasting about how awesome he is, and bragging about how he nailed some newb in recruit gear with a 7k crit. Did you win the game? No, we lost. Then who cares?

Rage spec is the new Pyro. Very low skill cap for huge damage.
Pretty hilarious that you immediately jump to those conclusions. You don't play against me, yet I'm low skill cap. We had 3 players on our team with less than 14k hp, and we won the game by legitimate reasons. Gonna have to say if you replaced me with many other marauders on our server, the same would probably have been lost. I don't fraps/record games because I paid 400 dollars for my computer, and unfortunately I can't. You can sit back and claim that it takes no skill and/or I was tunnel visioning, and I can only say that I was literally protecting my healers on our team, and protecting the door(s). While rage spec is ridiculously overpowered I didn't come in to brag, I think it's pretty stupid and ridiculous what they did to it. Why even bother posting if you're going to come say something like that, if our servers get merged some day (and I'm sure they will) I'd love to show you how "low skill" I really am. Leave the marauder forums alone if you don't know what you're talking about kthx.

Ryvirath
10.04.2012 , 06:29 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
Pretty hilarious that you immediately jump to those conclusions. You don't play against me, yet I'm low skill cap. We had 3 players on our team with less than 14k hp, and we won the game by legitimate reasons. Gonna have to say if you replaced me with many other marauders on our server, the same would probably have been lost. I don't fraps/record games because I paid 400 dollars for my computer, and unfortunately I can't. You can sit back and claim that it takes no skill and/or I was tunnel visioning, and I can only say that I was literally protecting my healers on our team, and protecting the door(s). While rage spec is ridiculously overpowered I didn't come in to brag, I think it's pretty stupid and ridiculous what they did to it. Why even bother posting if you're going to come say something like that, if our servers get merged some day (and I'm sure they will) I'd love to show you how "low skill" I really am. Leave the marauder forums alone if you don't know what you're talking about kthx.
I'm pretty sure he meant that rage spec is a low skill cap spec. As in the rotation is very simple much like pyro powertech. I've never heard of calling a player low skill cap (it doesn't really make sense) as an insult. It is an impressive achievement thoughso I don't know why he's trying to douse your moment of glory.

-Yui-
10.04.2012 , 11:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvirath View Post
I'm pretty sure he meant that rage spec is a low skill cap spec. As in the rotation is very simple much like pyro powertech. I've never heard of calling a player low skill cap (it doesn't really make sense) as an insult. It is an impressive achievement thoughso I don't know why he's trying to douse your moment of glory.
This. He's criticizing what BW did to the spec, not criticizing you.
meh

TheronFett
10.05.2012 , 03:02 AM | #18
Yeah, pretty much. I'm sure everyone else managed to figure out what I said as well.

All except Mr. Butthurt, who got his ego bruised.

Quangus
10.05.2012 , 04:09 AM | #19
Even though this spec has the easiest rotation of all 3 to learn, u dont *just* do 1 million damage in a single wz...

Hell, most maras/sents ive seen on my server arent even capable of reaching half of it even if the team setups on both sides allow them to fairly do so, regardless of any spec. Its so funny what some people say about rage/focus, either it is always inferior to the other two specs cause it never deals same dps or if it does, then its all because its low-skill cap. Right, so far this forum has been flooded with rage warriors who broke the 1 mill line...

Dont get me wrong, the buffs from bw were not asked for and def not needed.
This class has three viable specs for u to choose, all are excellent in their own ways, so for me its just a matter of taste. As for one being more low-skill capped than the other, so what? The player behind it still can have great skill and tbh, this is what really matters to me. Just my two cents.

As for the only one who broke 1 mill here so far:

Good job man

Bloodkrazed
10.05.2012 , 11:41 AM | #20
Well Ive played with & against Markave for a long time. To say he isnt a good player is not true by any means. All of ID are great players & very hard to take down.
Props to you on 1 mill damg Merk.
Karver