Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give my force stun back

krishnooof
09.30.2012 , 02:59 PM | #11
It does hurt Jedi Sages and Empire mirror class A LOT. All attacks are 30m, all heals are 30m. Running to the tank 20m to stun and than running back wastes a lot of time... Its a HUGE nerf and sadly, it was a bad move and makes this skill absolutely useless in combat. They might have as well just removed it, would be the same thing for Sages...

Jedi Shadows will probably not notice it as they are meele anyways, so it works for them, but Sages should have kept 30m stun.

theborch
10.02.2012 , 04:32 PM | #12
I have been leveling up a sage seer with a friend who is running a vanguard and that stun was very useful at 30m. Not only to slow down some damage but also I could stun a target and give him the ability to use his rail shot (i think that's the one he can only use on stunned targets) now it's pretty much non-usable because there is no way I am going to run into 10m just to use it. Life will go on but it was definitely a big hit for a sage healer. The Force Mend and Force Speed are a much appreciated survivability improvement but even those changes make it abundantly clear all these were meant to balance PvP not PvE.
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

BriaBres
10.04.2012 , 10:44 AM | #13
At the rate nerfs are coming about because of pvp, I think at this point they should sperate out pvp and pve skills. Allow us to be able to set up our UI so we can have one for pvp, and a separate one for pve.

Atramar
10.05.2012 , 03:14 AM | #14
People using stun for rail shot, healers using 4s stun instead of healing or 60 sec mez, and guy who thinks he got nerfed cause empire was whining of his leet skills.
no wonder this thread is only 2 pages
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Aital
11.03.2012 , 02:38 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sitherall View Post
I think the dev team did more than enough to compensate for the reduction in force stun range by making force speed a root breaking/ CC immune ability. It is a little OP now IMO, so I don't complain at all.

I really have not noticed the range of Force Stun being an issue;
1.Force run always broke stuns....
2. you only get immunity as a healer! it is very high up in the tree!
3. you need the range because you as range fight melee and range! it is absolutely necessary and part of the DPS cycle.(It's also one of our badly needed kiting spells!)
4. All melee have abilities to get to their enemies to deal with ranged problems. Sorceress are now the only class basically with no ranged defense! It was our ranged defense and an essential part of our build.

I'm sorry but I really really don't like force running in a range vs range fight to hit a freaking enemy with stun to curb DPS. just makes me take more. 5m is find if you have the bonus but 20 is not! it's a ludicrous nerf to sages and the people that did it have no idea of the practicalities of fighting a as a sage. Sages should get it back with out question to 30m. I don't know about the other classes because I do not play them.

It is now a melee only stun. When it was by necessity a melee and ranged stun because we are ranged and must fight both. It was a long enough timer as is. 1minute. other classes get a hell of a lot more stuns and shorter times than we do. It has no bearings on balance and completely unbalanced what little was there for a sage to utilize in combat!

Crazyjimmy
11.12.2012 , 04:46 PM | #16
I agree with all the people saying that the reduction in force stun's range is complete bs and weakens the sage. Take for example the fight against Lord Vivicar at the end of Chapter One. It is absolutely essentiel to interupt his big dot, otherwise it will practically one-hit you and your companions. For sages that requires running up to melee range of the boss. It's a lot easier not to mention safer to be able to interrupt enemies and bosses from a distance, as sages aren't built to fight in melee. It's a load of crap to force a ranged class to close to short-range just to interrupt those big damage attacks that enemies and bosses will throw at you. If I wanted to play a close-range or melee class I wouldn't have picked to play a sage. Ty Bioware for screwing up an awesome class. And goodbye too, you just lost another customer.

QuiDonJorn
11.12.2012 , 06:41 PM | #17
I too, agree that the 10m stun was a HUGE nerf to Sages/Sorcerors for all the same reasons that are described by posters above me. It dosen't make any sense for a ranged dps or healer to have to close so much distance to use the ability, so now it's pretty much useless unless you can use it as a melee range defensive ability, which is not even supposed to happen really, that's why it's called a RANGED class.
It's really like they just completely took away a whole ability.

I'll have to remind myself to jump in on a few Wazones and just run around force stunning and force waving people every time the cooldowns are done.

ArcDealer
07.19.2013 , 01:19 PM | #18
ditto the stuns are now super outrageous makes pvp unplayable / unless ur a smuggler or op they can stun stun stun and u cant do nothing resolve bar dont work bubble dont work to protect u so what do u do...... i know dont play pvp

Selenial
07.21.2013 , 05:53 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcDealer View Post
ditto the stuns are now super outrageous makes pvp unplayable / unless ur a smuggler or op they can stun stun stun and u cant do nothing resolve bar dont work bubble dont work to protect u so what do u do...... i know dont play pvp
Holy necromancers batman!

Oh and this thread is the opposite to what you're saying. They want more effective stuns, not less stuns, go learn to play your class, any good sage shouldn't get stunned by most classes.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Fearless_Jedi
07.24.2013 , 09:33 AM | #20
Its not the end of the world for me that Force stun has a shorter range. However, it makes spending points in Mind's Eye a less viable option. Force stun is my backup interrupt when fighting boss and elite level mobs so I see no reason to increase the distance between me and the guy I have to be 10m away from if he tries to excute a deadly move.