Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Increased heat from BH abilities?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Increased heat from BH abilities?

Chunggun
09.27.2012 , 06:37 AM | #1
As soon as the patch completed, I logged in my Arsenal Merc. Aside from noticing that my class storyline on Tars (which I had completed the day before) had been reset to the beginning, I noticed that using 3 or 4 attacks special attacks maxed my heat. I have all the heat reducing points in the skill tree. I asked around in guild chat and found that a guild mate was experiencing the same issue (Death from Above filled half of his heat bar with a single use). At this point, I max heat after depleting 25% of the health of a gold mob two levels below me. Heroics are going to get REAL interesting if this was an intended change.

Chunggun
09.27.2012 , 08:42 AM | #2
No one else experiencing this? Or a noticeable drop in dps?

Voranis
09.28.2012 , 04:54 PM | #3
Same thing..

High heat levels, low damage output.

My theory is that the engine is glitching and not calculating proper bonuses and modifiers.
It's like it's 'skipping' steps at random.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

AlixMV
09.28.2012 , 05:55 PM | #4
Hmm. I've only played my Powertech for about an hour since update 1.4 went live, but I don't recall noticing my heat accrual being any quicker than before with my usual play tactics.

Any suggestion on a good way to test this out?
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

Chunggun
09.28.2012 , 08:49 PM | #5
Bump for a response. Seems only to be affecting merc.

bhking
09.28.2012 , 09:42 PM | #6
I've noticed my heat go up on my Powertech, But damage defiantly dropped some too.
People Don't Have Bounties, Only Acquisitions Have Bounties
The sun never sets on the Sith Empire.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix.

KurganNazzir
09.28.2012 , 11:38 PM | #7
I'm on my Arsenal Merc doing Ilum dailies right now and I honestly can't tell any difference post 1.4 to pre-1.4 as far as heat and damage goes.

It could be like the Laser Light Show™ bug and not happen each time one plays.

Chunggun
09.29.2012 , 09:49 AM | #8
It does seem sporadic. I used death from above last night and it filled half of my heat bar.

ConnorSalak
09.29.2012 , 09:59 AM | #9
I can't tell much about the bigger heat build up and loss of dps that you encounter (being a scoundrel) - but I experienced similar issues a long while back (maybe after the introduction of 1.2.). The solution at that time was to un-equip and re-equip all gear (OK I know that heat is not coupled to equipment, but still...)

GeckoOBac
09.29.2012 , 04:23 PM | #10
Same thing happens to me on my commando. Very high ammo consumption. I think ammo is not regenning correctly, since after 3 or 4 grav rounds I'm already in the lowest 2 tiers of regeneration, while usually I would barely be in the second.