Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sound effect changes since 1.4. Please give us your reason, Devs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Sound effect changes since 1.4. Please give us your reason, Devs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kirazy
10.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by HoldenThunk View Post
The sounds in space combat missions have changed as well:
  • Using boosted blasters (via the Power Conversion Module) now sounds the same as unboosted blasters.
  • The sound of passing ships occasionally stutters or is lost entirely. This is reminiscent of old games that could only stack a certain number of sounds at once before losing some of them.
There is a distinct sound at the beginning when you are firing with your powered blastered, boostered as you call them. It's kind of hollow and airy, but it's there, but only for the first shot.

Further, Troopers!

Grav Round now has this bizarre glass gear wind up sound when you are charging it to fire. MAKE IT GO AWAY. ;_;

Borgbunny
10.01.2012 , 01:35 PM | #42
I have a ticket in on the space mission sounds. On my rig, you don't have to hold down the firing button for very long before the incoming ship sounds, turret and enemy vessel explosions, and ship sounds all get drowned out. Releasing the firing key allows the sounds to return. But then holding down the firing button for any length of time, even a couple of seconds, gets you back to a point where all other sounds are drowned out.

That's in addition to the smuggler sound changes (charged shot is awful), as is the Trooper Grav Round sound effect change, the anemic sound effect of the BH Death From Above, and the whisper quiet BH Tracer Round.

Kirazy
10.01.2012 , 01:36 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Borgbunny View Post
I have a ticket in on the space mission sounds. On my rig, you don't have to hold down the firing button for very long before the incoming ship sounds, turret and enemy vessel explosions, and ship sounds all get drowned out. Releasing the firing key allows the sounds to return. But then holding down the firing button for any length of time, even a couple of seconds, gets you back to a point where all other sounds are drowned out.
I also confirm having noticed this.

sinnaman
10.01.2012 , 01:47 PM | #44
jedi consular - mind maze sound has been changed
"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life." - C-3PO from Star Wars - A New Hope

Larity
10.01.2012 , 01:50 PM | #45
I still miss the laugh

mphill
10.01.2012 , 01:55 PM | #46
Gunslinger here. As reported by others most of my shots have changed. I think Trickshot is the only one that has the same sound. They all sound pretty much like flurry of bolts. This is detrimental to good dps as I use the sound queues to gauge what I am doing.
"Insanity runs in my family...it practically gallops." - Mortimer Brewster

furyn
10.01.2012 , 01:58 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by mphill View Post
Gunslinger here. As reported by others most of my shots have changed. I think Trickshot is the only one that has the same sound. They all sound pretty much like flurry of bolts. This is detrimental to good dps as I use the sound queues to gauge what I am doing.
I agree with this. Is there any information on whether this was an intentional change or if it was accidental?

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed?

Fury

Darth_Acherus
10.01.2012 , 02:02 PM | #48
The new grav round charging up sound is amazing.
Jung Ma - Nariell 50 Sentinel <Alpha Company>
Jung Ma - Alosa 50 Commando <Alpha Company> (Retired)

firestarter
10.01.2012 , 02:28 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone - thanks for posting your concerns. We're looking into this right now. As we investigate, please post in this thread if you've noticed any sound effects that have been replaced with new sound effects or any that are missing. Thank you!

Allison for all thats holy please change the sound and the animation of

Charged burst and

Speedshot

back to where it was before.

Right now it is HORRIBLE.