Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sound effect changes since 1.4. Please give us your reason, Devs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Sound effect changes since 1.4. Please give us your reason, Devs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FINNT
09.27.2012 , 09:33 AM | #11
Charged Burst now sounds like batteries are out. Of all the things in the game why mess with things that work and will surely be noticed when changed for no apparent reason?
:laser:

MillionsKNives
09.27.2012 , 09:34 AM | #12
I haven't heard any of these changes myself, but I hope it wasn't intentional. Having distinct and audible sounds for your actions is an extra layer of feedback that reinforces to the player that their actions were successfully carried out.

Wessly
09.27.2012 , 09:42 AM | #13
/Signed
This also affected quick shot and speedshot. The animation for speedshot looks much weaker too.

Please change it back...

ForceFossil
09.27.2012 , 09:57 AM | #14
I LOVE the new sound of wounding shot. As I fight I look forward to that part of my rotation just to hear it.
Anlorn Redbranch, Commando
Warwitch, Gunslinger
Member of Stoic
The Shadowlands

Aerilas
09.27.2012 , 01:26 PM | #15
New update:

Played on my shadow today, and I noticed that the sound Mind Maze (stealth cc) makes, is COMPLETELY gone....

Nomaad
09.27.2012 , 01:30 PM | #16
This company is obviously coming up with more and more reasons to stop playing its busted game.
It's never what it is, only what it can be.

Ded'i

MrLeee
09.27.2012 , 01:33 PM | #17
I thought there was something wrong with my sound card or setting last night when I started playing my BH in the new Ops.

If these are the new sounds, they REALLY SUCK!

I hope this is a bug and they get fixed soon.
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

Wuadu
09.27.2012 , 01:47 PM | #18
Something has definately changed for lightsabre sounds as well. My Jedi Sentinel now sounds like a steamrolling space ship with huge engines humming and pulsing when lightsabers are drawn. The humming sound is awfully loud and kicks in whenever i run around with weapons drawn. It abruptly stops when the character stops moving. Sometimes, however, it wont go away even during quest conversations -so then we are all standing and talking inside an engine or a generator of some sort...
It isnt too bad if i equip just one sabre - then the sound fades out after a few seconds while running, but is always there with two sabres - and, oh my, LOUD it is. And clearly broken. And no, it isn't the sound settings and it's not outdated sound drivers either. Ive checked and tried everything I could trying to fix this. Nothing has worked so far.

Aerilas
09.27.2012 , 03:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wuadu View Post
Something has definately changed for lightsabre sounds as well. My Jedi Sentinel now sounds like a steamrolling space ship with huge engines humming and pulsing when lightsabers are drawn. The humming sound is awfully loud and kicks in whenever i run around with weapons drawn. It abruptly stops when the character stops moving. Sometimes, however, it wont go away even during quest conversations -so then we are all standing and talking inside an engine or a generator of some sort...
It isnt too bad if i equip just one sabre - then the sound fades out after a few seconds while running, but is always there with two sabres - and, oh my, LOUD it is. And clearly broken. And no, it isn't the sound settings and it's not outdated sound drivers either. Ive checked and tried everything I could trying to fix this. Nothing has worked so far.
Its probably not a bug either...

Lithy
09.27.2012 , 03:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wuadu View Post
It was intentional I just went and listened for it on my Guardian, it's the sound of the blade passing through the air which is why it's gone when standing still. I LOVE this change, it always bugged the hell out of me normal movement didn't make the well...blade movement sounds.
Lithium
Imperial Sniper

The Hartshotte Legacy
Tallianna, Gunslinger