Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Abilities ... 1.4 .... DPS?

Voranis
09.27.2012 , 03:02 AM | #1
Ok... beyond the nerfs to KB and stun etc.

When I logged in today one thing that struck me is that I didn't seem to be doing nearly as much DPS as I was just yesterday. Not just PvP either, I ran some FP's and was surprised that my normal rotation just wasn't taking mobs down the way it should be.
My tracer missiles were hitting for 1500 dmg, when just yesterday I was getting 2-3k from them on a regular basis.
In fact it seems like acrost the board my damage numbers are lower.

Wish I had logs to compare to, unfortunately I havn't gotten swmonitor to run and log properly yet.

So I figured I'd hit the WZ training dummy.

...weirdness followed.

For starters .. Unload.
How many times should unload be hitting for?
Sometimes it's hitting 6 to 7 times, other times 2 to 3 hits.
More than once my unload only hit one time, and with no 'miss' 'dodge' etc. messages.
There's a graphical bug with it since 1.4 where some of the shots are shooting off (more like warping off) in odd directions.
As best as I can tell, these 'stray shots' are actually not just graphical bugs but are actually not being counted.

Tracer missile.
Seems to rarely crit now, when I used to get frankly a lot of crits with it.
There is a percentage chance that it will reset CD on unload and increase the damage of next unload.
Twice, when it proc'd it instead lowered the damage of unload (acording to tool-tip mouse over) instead of increasing it.

Missile Blast.
Several times this 'failed to fire'
The channel bar would run down then "failed"
One time I got an 'evade' message when I tried to fire it.

Power shot.
Also had the same 'failed to fire' glitching as Missile Blast.

I'm just...... /boggle

Is there any way to get the chat window to display hit by hit combat messages ... you know .. like other games all do?

This patch is just ...... /boggle
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

Chunggun
09.27.2012 , 06:41 AM | #2
I noticed the exact same problem. My defenses felt weaker and my offensive abilities felt impaired. I also noticed an extreme increase in the heat generated by special abilities. 3-4 of them would max my heat bar, despite having all the points in the heat reduction abilities in the skill tree.

Haggardbr
09.27.2012 , 06:47 AM | #3
Please... check the thread in my signature... it's not the exactly same issue but it's regarding it.
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

MutinyOfTheMind
09.27.2012 , 07:34 AM | #4
I've noticed the graphical glitches, and the missing SFX for tracer and fusion missiles. I did see barrage proc a lot less, and require more tracer missile use to proc it.

Don't know about the DPS issue, but definitely gonna parse against a dummy tonight to check it.

Briggs_Knightly
09.27.2012 , 10:47 AM | #5
It also seems to me that a lot of our animations were slowed down.
I am thinking that they were trying to lower our damage overall by this (stealth NERF).

The idiots at Bioware look at the damage output in WZs and think the Merc is so powerful.
They don't realize that damage is only 1 contributor in many that make a good teammate in PVP.
My level 50 Op does half the damage of my level 50 Merc but has twice the impact on a successful WZ.
My Op also has lower valor and worse gear but is far more beneficial to a group.

Soljin
09.27.2012 , 11:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Briggs_Knightly View Post
I am thinking that they were trying to lower our damage overall by this (stealth NERF).

The idiots at Bioware look at the damage output in WZs and think the Merc is so powerful.
They don't realize that damage is only 1 contributor in many that make a good teammate in PVP.
My level 50 Op does half the damage of my level 50 Merc but has twice the impact on a successful WZ.
My Op also has lower valor and worse gear but is far more beneficial to a group.
Its not just Merc Bioware messed something up with combat period. My Jugg fires a smash..the dmg is recorded in combat..the numbers are displayed above the target...No health is removed from the target...Same happens with Sccream..seems random sometimes the dmg is taken from targets health...sometimes its not...has nothing to do with accuracy...I have 107% accuracy on my Jugg...and like I said the log is recording the hit...Its just not taking the health off the trget.....Same thing on my Merc on several abilities...
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!

Voranis
09.27.2012 , 12:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Chunggun View Post
I noticed the exact same problem. My defenses felt weaker and my offensive abilities felt impaired. I also noticed an extreme increase in the heat generated by special abilities. 3-4 of them would max my heat bar, despite having all the points in the heat reduction abilities in the skill tree.
Dito on heat buildup...
Didn't seem to make any difference if I was using high velocity cylinder or not.
Thought I was loosing it.

Voranis
09.27.2012 , 01:07 PM | #8
Just logged in today and for the most part it looks normal again.

Seems that yesterday bonuses and modifiers were not being applied correctly.
Also the 'shot warping off in weird directions' seems to be gone.

Havn't left my ship yet, but so far so good.
(sweeping blasters bug still there)
(the 'whoosh' sound for tracer missile still missing)

Chunggun
09.27.2012 , 01:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Voranis View Post
Just logged in today and for the most part it looks normal again.

Seems that yesterday bonuses and modifiers were not being applied correctly.
Also the 'shot warping off in weird directions' seems to be gone.

Havn't left my ship yet, but so far so good.
(sweeping blasters bug still there)
(the 'whoosh' sound for tracer missile still missing)
I pray this is the case. The heat build-up and dps reduction made pve nearly unplayable. I felt as squishy as a sorc with less damage output and less effective heals. I'll run a repair when I get home and try again tonight, but it would be nice to see a BW response on this. Between the "mouse fart" sound effects bh abilities now produce, dps reduction, heat increase....well...let's just say I'm not really enjoying the gameplay (HUGE fan of this class prior to the latest patch. My lvl 50 sent is getting zero playtime since I discovered arsenal merc).

Chunggun
09.27.2012 , 01:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Briggs_Knightly View Post

I thought I was just going crazy. I, too, noticed what seemed to be an increased cast time on tracer and some other abilities. It just felt "off" by a half-second. Then I ran into hitting a target without it taking any damage, along with the other problems I've mentioned in the thread.