Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disability issue, please help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Disability issue, please help
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Efok
09.28.2012 , 11:29 AM | #21
I use Comfort On-Screen Keyboard http://www.comfort-software.com/on-screen-keyboard.html.

I can replicate it using the one windows comes with too:

http://www.twitch.tv/ofekmeister/b/333754071

Gunslinger O'fek
2/16/23 The Back-Ender

goo.gl/YEgdS
Sage Ofek 22/17/2 The Perpetual Mender goo.gl/9zQJp

Efok
09.28.2012 , 12:48 PM | #22
Update:

I think I found out what is happening!!!!! Basically, if you press a key and while you press it you left click some window/program that doesn't receive focus on click (like my On-Screen Keyboard) the client retains focus and receives the left-click input

http://www.twitch.tv/ofekmeister/b/333760116

I don't know how the devs fixed it in beta, but maybe only accept left clicks whilst in the current window placement?

Gunslinger O'fek
2/16/23 The Back-Ender

goo.gl/YEgdS

Orakius
09.28.2012 , 02:31 PM | #23
I couldn't agree more. This guy has to work past his problems to play your game, he shouldn't have to work past your problems, too. Fix this ASAP!

Efok
09.29.2012 , 09:18 AM | #24
Can I get an update from a dev please?

Gunslinger O'fek
2/16/23 The Back-Ender

goo.gl/YEgdS

wcrockett
09.29.2012 , 02:50 PM | #25
I don't think private corps HAVE to follow this, but this is in direct violation to ADA section 508 for accessible content.

Ratae
09.29.2012 , 04:08 PM | #26 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Efok,

First of all, thank you for the information youíve provided us with about this problem.

Just to give you a quick update - we have forwarded everything to our developers and they continue to investigate and look for a solution.

As soon as we have an answer, or if we need any more information from you, we will get back to you.

Sorry that I donít yet have any concrete information for you, but I wanted to assure you that we havenít forgotten about the issue.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Shoogli
09.30.2012 , 03:09 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Efok View Post
I miss playing
I feel for you Efok !
It reminds me of how I felt recently when stuck in hospital for a couple weeks and really missed playing.

Don't loose hope Efok, hopefully it'll get resolved soon and only be a bad souvenir !
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

masringo
09.30.2012 , 04:05 AM | #28
Hi Efok
Dont lose hope, we are all on your side bioware will fix this soon. Pls. be patient and do not quit playing.
We need good players as you.
Let the force be with you

NrDLeipe
09.30.2012 , 04:38 AM | #29
I bow deeply, big respect m8

BW fix this and give the man free game time for atleast the time that hes lost waiting for this fix
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds

HeadbenGER
09.30.2012 , 05:50 AM | #30
Hello,

I'm in a similar situation as Efok is.

I'm using Hot Virtual Keyboard 5.3 and I got the same problem. It's really a pain in the a** enjoying this game like this. I also tried the On-Screen Keyboard coming with Windows 7, same problem.

So there are 3 On-Screen Keyboards so far which aren't working properly with SW:TOR. Before the patch it worked flawlesly.

Now if you type some letters in the chat window the game sometimes recognizes the key inputs as hotkeys. If I klick on the letter "P" while in chat window the Ability Window opens and so on with different keys.

Please fix this bug so disabled gamers can play the game like everyone else again!
BeadhanGER Corruption-Sorcerer Skyder Seer-Sage
@ T3-M4