Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disability issue, please help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Disability issue, please help
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WoolyCaterpillar
09.27.2012 , 02:22 PM | #11
Have fun waiting 2 weeks for a response from them. Especially after you've been "escalated"

Laseracid
09.27.2012 , 04:17 PM | #12
This needs to get fixed right away i have has trouble with this when i used my desktop using dual screens it will click powers on my right side of my left screen when switching to my right screen BW pleas fix this so this awesome player can go back to gaming with less trouble!

Beakertanks
09.27.2012 , 05:19 PM | #13
Please Don't think that because this just affects a handful of people that this is not an important issue to solve quickly. BW move fast on this.
Kira Carson: "It's like all the fashion designers in the galaxy went over to the Empire."
Me: "Yes. Yes they have."

Zynkotic
09.28.2012 , 12:14 AM | #14
Bump, this should be one of the top priorities!

HansBrolo
09.28.2012 , 01:09 AM | #15
This is upsetting to me. Moreso than that, it's absolutely unacceptable from a development standpoint that this guy needed to report the issue A SECOND TIME. I hope BW does the right thing and fixes this rapidly—at the moment, I'm genuinely embarrassed to be a subscriber.

ANY designer from ANY industry—be it graphics, exteriors, or games—will tell you the same thing: accessibility is a foremost factor. Given that this was reported in the past, I can't believe this was overlooked.

elusiver
09.28.2012 , 04:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HansBrolo View Post
This is upsetting to me. Moreso than that, it's absolutely unacceptable from a development standpoint that this guy needed to report the issue A SECOND TIME. I hope BW does the right thing and fixes this rapidly—at the moment, I'm genuinely embarrassed to be a subscriber.

ANY designer from ANY industry—be it graphics, exteriors, or games—will tell you the same thing: accessibility is a foremost factor. Given that this was reported in the past, I can't believe this was overlooked.
+1

el

Mallakias
09.28.2012 , 05:30 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Efok View Post
I have Muscular Dystrophy which severely limits my mobility and strength so I use an On-Screen Keyboard instead of a regular keyboard. Due to typing being so strenuous, I made a short video explaining the bug.

http://www.twitch.tv/ofekmeister/b/333565631

I know I may be the only one experiencing this, but please try to help nonetheless.

Thank you kindly.
I feel for you Efok as one of my family member is in the same situation.

Quote: Originally Posted by HansBrolo View Post

^ +1 I too am also embarrassed to be a subscriber at this point.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ratae View Post
Hello Efok,

Thank you for taking the time to make the video explaining the issues you’re experiencing.

At your own convenience and when you are able, could I please ask you to submit a ticket to our customer support either in-game or by email to support@swtor.com and our team will look into this for you and escalate it further as appropriate? By all means include the link to your video in the ticket.

Many thanks.
This is plain right unacceptable; I cannot believe you Ratae for making him report this issue a second time considering his situation. This should have been taken care of immediately. If Bioware made an effort in accessibility, it would attract and bring more players to this game instead of losing them, but everything they have done (from not giving us the essential tools on the pts to properly test new content for bugs, to making players who run the group finder submit a new ticket just about everyday and wait 2-4 days just to get the rewards originally promised to them) has only made this game, which has so much potential, hard to love.

It is understandable that a game cannot be made accessible for everyone just as you cannot make roads accessible for blind people to drive on them. But we are talking about an accessibility that was already in the game and working, which Bioware has broken after a patch (big surprise..) and they treat is like some small bug on a list, well let me tell you it's not. This bug is preventing players like Efok and my sister from being able to play and when ever you have a bug that prevents players from being able to play it is a major problem for everyone.

GINtwofour
09.28.2012 , 08:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallakias View Post
This is plain right unacceptable; I cannot believe you Ratae for making him report this issue a second time considering his situation. This should have been taken care of immediately. If Bioware made an effort in accessibility, it would attract and bring more players to this game instead of losing them, but everything they have done (from not giving us the essential tools on the pts to properly test new content for bugs, to making players who run the group finder submit a new ticket just about everyday and wait 2-4 days just to get the rewards originally promised to them) has only made this game, which has so much potential, hard to love.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Rafae, as a forum moderator could not have done this yourself and escalated it or brought it to someone's attention rather than having Efok ticket it again? Are we not supposed to make it easier instead of making someone jump through hoops?

Efok, I feel you. I too have a form of Muscular Dystrophy, a mild form. Seeing some of what you have to go through just to play this game and still have the dedication to play is an inspiration. Best wishes & hang in there!

Wiggee
09.28.2012 , 10:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DereonMason View Post
As Ofek and I have been playing together across a few games now, this oversight in the execution of yet
another sloppy patch is nearly as upsetting to me as it is to him. SWTOR has now become nearly impossible for him to play, which is still hard to believe as he can stand toe to toe with any gunslinger even with his disability. Out of frustration, he's already told guildies that if this issue doesn't get addressed soon, he can no longer effectively play.

BIOWARE, YOU NEED TO GET BEHIND GREAT PLAYERS LIKE HIM, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT, AND (RE)FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP.
Bioware, please fix this bug. We need all the good players we can get.

Naugor
09.28.2012 , 11:07 AM | #20 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Ofek,

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

We would like to ask which On-Screen Keyboard you are using:
  • Is it the standard Windows one, if so which version are you using?
  • Or are you using a specific third-party one?

Thank you very much for checking, this will allow us taking a closer look of what might be the cause for the changed behavior.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support