Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Something needs to be done about Shadow/Assassin starting lightsaber!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Something needs to be done about Shadow/Assassin starting lightsaber!

Cormey
12.13.2011 , 12:36 PM | #21
If this is the worst problem in the game then bioware have quite possibly made the single best videogame of all time.
Syff, Suder, Lieutenant Lonn, Captain Maureen.
Tassitan, Darth Vandicus, Agent Cormoran, Marin.
Blazerunner legacy, Lord Adraas server

The • sees all

Zaelin
12.13.2011 , 12:37 PM | #22
The first lightsaber for a shadow/assassin is called a worn double-bladed lightsaber?

That's AWESOME! I have a historical relic that I apparently found! If I want to RP, I can spend time trying to divine it's past. Maybe it has a history and possibly even extra powers. I LIKE this. Bioware do NOT change the name. Woot for antique lightsaber.

Hawkn
12.13.2011 , 12:40 PM | #23
They see me trollin'....

Seriously though, who cares? It's not like I open "inspect", and care what the names of items are.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally." ~ Darth Maul
<DecemberCrew>

solicehaha
12.13.2011 , 12:40 PM | #24
Its just a word?? Is it seriously that important? Maybe just don't read it... Or even better just get some whiteout and rub it on the screen every time you pull up your inventory.

Let me know how that works out.

EzoEo
12.13.2011 , 12:40 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MercArcher View Post
Everyone who gets a single hilt light saber gets an orange item (upgradeable all the way to end game) called "Lightsaber" while Shadows/Assassins get an orange item called "Worn Double-Bladed Lightsaber".

Why is it while everyone else gets a normal one, we get one called "worn". It doesn't affect anything but the name, but still I'd like the ability to use my first light saber all game, and the word "worn" just makes it less epic.
Well do you realize that other lightsabers can be gained later in the game ?

It's part of your story that the lightsaber you acquire was used before you got it.

MercArcher
12.13.2011 , 12:40 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaelin View Post
The first lightsaber for a shadow/assassin is called a worn double-bladed lightsaber?

That's AWESOME! I have a historical relic that I apparently found! If I want to RP, I can spend time trying to divine it's past. Maybe it has a history and possibly even extra powers. I LIKE this. Bioware do NOT change the name. Woot for antique lightsaber.
There are plenty of named lightsabers out there, something you get from a vendor at level 10 is going to be generic, not special.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ

CVSiN
12.13.2011 , 12:41 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MercArcher View Post
Everyone who gets a single hilt light saber gets an orange item (upgradeable all the way to end game) called "Lightsaber" while Shadows/Assassins get an orange item called "Worn Double-Bladed Lightsaber".

Why is it while everyone else gets a normal one, we get one called "worn". It doesn't affect anything but the name, but still I'd like the ability to use my first light saber all game, and the word "worn" just makes it less epic.
See it IS a WORN saber.. it was USED you did NOT create it.. you were a Lazy Sith that used an OLD saber instead of MAKING YOUR OWN LIKE A JEDI..

so if you DONT want a worn saber... dont use it.. by L30 I had 5 fully moddible Orange sabers in my pack..
they come fast..
in other words..

TLDR..
Cry More Nub.. from a fellow Sith and Beta tester..
Darth Vixi L50 Sith Marauder
Sixxie L50 Operative
Fragged L50 Merc

MercArcher
12.13.2011 , 12:42 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by EzoEo View Post
Well do you realize that other lightsabers can be gained later in the game ?

It's part of your story that the lightsaber you acquire was used before you got it.
I do realize that, and no its not part of the story. The first one you get called "Lightsaber" is, however the one you get for being a shadow/assassin is just in the box you get from your AC trainer. It has no story what so ever.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-

Kheldras
12.13.2011 , 12:46 PM | #29
Splendid launch.. if thats the only problem

You will have this saber... how long?
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

MercArcher
12.13.2011 , 12:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheldras View Post
Splendid launch.. if thats the only problem

You will have this saber... how long?
You can use it from ~6-7 till 6 years from now.

Its fully upgradeable and will be a viable end game weapon through nightmare modes.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-