Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After 1.4 -Caution-known schematics highlighted and consumable!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
After 1.4 -Caution-known schematics highlighted and consumable!!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MorgonKara
09.26.2012 , 07:19 PM | #1
I had an augment schematic in my inventory that my character already knows. It showed highlighted in his inventory and it was consumed when I right-clicked on it. Wasted augment schematic that could have been sold or traded.

Make sure you double-check schematics before you click on them by looking at your crew skills craft window to see if it's already known.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Mechrophilia
09.26.2012 , 07:31 PM | #2
I just lost a schem this way.

It wasn't grayed out to indicate that I already knew it, so when I right-clicked to learn it, it disappeared and gave me a message that I "already knew that schem".

MorgonKara
09.26.2012 , 07:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechrophilia View Post
I just lost a schem this way.

It wasn't grayed out to indicate that I already knew it, so when I right-clicked to learn it, it disappeared and gave me a message that I "already knew that schem".
Yeah, unfortunately that's how the system originally worked and it seems that 1.4 somehow reverted it back to that state.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

wainot-keel
09.26.2012 , 08:20 PM | #4
Yeah, crafting got an awesome boost in this patch

KroewKruzer
09.26.2012 , 11:49 PM | #5
Yes the crafting coder is out to lunch or something. The following bugs have been fixed, then REINTRODUCED, NUMEROUS TIMES! I've lost count of how it's worked and then not worked, but its something like:

Recipes:
1) clicking a recipe u already know just vanishes (original way it worked)
2) then clicking a recipe u already know would halt with the message "you already know that recipe"
3) now clicking a recipe u already know will vanish, but u get the message "you already know that recipe"

mission discoveries
1) originally, the mission just disappeared and you don't learn it if you already have it
2) then you could queue mission discoveries - ones you already know you could learn a new one if your companion was already on that one, and send another companion on that same one
3) then they changed it so you couldn't send a companion out if you already had that mission queued, you had to wait until it finished
4) last patch and I think still now, the mission just disappears and you don't learn it if its already queued

why do they keep jacking it up? LOL at this point its just so badly executed its funny. Do they even test at all? WTH?!?! Do they just not care?

Raji_Lev
09.27.2012 , 07:37 AM | #6
All the employees who cared got laid off.

FragRockKnuckles
09.27.2012 , 07:59 AM | #7
There are no words to describe such lack of care for players towards something they work so hard for. I've echoed my thoughts on this also and fully agree this MUST be fixed ASAP!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536489

-=[FRAGGLEROCK GAMING COMMUNITY- A FUN AND FRIENDLY STAR WARS FAMILY]=-
I'm BACKWARDS. You flea-bitten furball!
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
| WEBSITE

finelinebob
09.27.2012 , 03:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Raji_Lev View Post
All the employees who cared got laid off.
^ This.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Char_Ell
09.29.2012 , 10:41 AM | #9
Wish I would have read this thread before I clicked on a schematic I already knew...

Please fix BioWare.

AllisonBerryman
10.01.2012 , 02:56 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thank you for the reports, everyone! We have verified this as a bug and will correct it in an upcoming patch. Thanks for your patience.