Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CitizenFry
09.27.2012 , 10:19 AM | #11
The calibrating shots have always given a stacking buff that increases damage dealt and reduces damage taken, and at 8 stacks it has always granted an additional buff that gives them even more damage output. From the OP though it sounds like 8 stacks are making the droids literally invincible, which would be new (and frankly BS).

FWIW, I play a Vanguard tank, and I am the only person interacting with droid #2 until the rest of the group has burned #1 completely, and I'm reasonably sure noone helps me with interrupts once they have jumped over. I've worked out a pattern to my attacks such that droid #2 will only have 2 stacks by the time he dies, but it requires some fairly tight timing and if I get even a tiny lag hiccup (or have a brain fart) he could easily be at 4+. Droid #3 is often at 7 stacks by the time #2 is down.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

recsa
09.27.2012 , 12:07 PM | #12
A Dev word about this could be handy
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Kil-Gorbane
09.27.2012 , 12:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by recsa View Post
I can confirm this behavior, the droids that start the event cast a calibration chanel very quickly and if you miss to interrupt it adds an stack of a buff that reduces damage received, once it gets 8 stacks it becomes inmune.

As a guildie said, looks like a mistake with versions control software and the new nightmare mode stealthy got into live server.

BTW, awesome job with TfB operation its the best so far, GRATS
I was wondering about this too. The patch notes mentioned changes to specific mechanics in EC, but it was right after a SM bullet (so I assumed the mechanic changes were to SM only). Did they dumb down EC HM? Is that the game plan? Do not give us a genuine NiM EC but just water down the first two so 1.3 EC HM is the new NiM?
Olinn | Draconiss
<Lego My Wookiees>

Slayeromen
09.27.2012 , 01:20 PM | #14
Right we encountered this last night. Found out that there will be one that gets off a cast every 15 seconds if you have 9 people. That assumes you have 6 players with 5s CDs on their interrupt and 3 per each droid so that the rotations would be ok.. SO this is obviously broken. Yes for crying out loud we know you have to interrupt calibrating shot and that they become immune if they stack 8. Yes we have downed this many a time, No this is not the same as pre-1.4 it is broken and if you can do hm keph right now your guild is godly.

RLWalker
09.27.2012 , 02:31 PM | #15
So is calibrating shot being cast more frequently or has it changed in some way (or both)? It's not really clear from the reports so far.

cerben
09.27.2012 , 03:17 PM | #16
the bombers roket-blast one dps as well if we dont get an tank on it as sone as it spawns so this is realy an mess. we can beet the droids but not the second bomber as he killes one of the dps or healer every try so far. so it realy is hard mode now

GeckoOBac
09.27.2012 , 03:41 PM | #17
We did this just a couple of hours ago... It definitely feels different, and we wiped and actually had to study tactics for something we just roflstomped through...

That said, that was the only change we noticed, though due to incredible lag both on the server and on some of our raiders (cursed night, it appears), we couldn't complete the encounter.

What we did is, get 4 dps on the middle one, and one tank and one healer on each of the other two, for interrupts, then get one dps on another droid and the other 3 on one as well, and so on. It was definitely slower and it seems that the interrupts are quite slow, even with 4 people on one droid we did miss some shots (possibly due to server lag).

Still, doable, though we're in full min maxed bh/campaign gear so guys in plain rakata may have a much harder time than before.

Amantino
09.27.2012 , 04:27 PM | #18
Just downed him earlier tonight. First robots are different for sure, which ****s up every timing for the rest of the fight. In the last phase our tank was oneshot as well, when he did everything correct. So something is different for sure. Wiped a few times before we made it, so its absolutely killable. A bit harder/different, but far from impossible.

PariahMessiah
09.27.2012 , 05:20 PM | #19
It used to be a 1.5 second cast.

Slayeromen
09.27.2012 , 05:43 PM | #20
Are you getting immunity at 5 stacks though? seems its just buggy all around or complete fight change. regardless it will be fun trying it again tonight . The droids now cast CS every 5 seconds fun times.