Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AllisonBerryman
10.05.2012 , 09:47 AM | #91 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Joveth posted earlier in this thread letting everyone know that we're looking into this issue, and I just wanted to let everyone know that we definitely consider this a bug and have a fix in the works!

dinwitt
10.05.2012 , 10:31 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Joveth posted earlier in this thread letting everyone know that we're looking into this issue, and I just wanted to let everyone know that we definitely consider this a bug and have a fix in the works!
That's dissapointing to hear, it actually made this part of the fight interesting.

Kophar
10.05.2012 , 11:48 AM | #93
It was good as it was. Most surelly its a mechanic to NM.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

Giolon
10.05.2012 , 12:10 PM | #94
Thanks for the update, Allison.
Da'ru Ar'lya - Jedi Seer
~Giolon~

Jimvinny
10.05.2012 , 02:02 PM | #95
My guild went into HM EC for the first time last night. The droids caused one wipe because of a 5-second lag spike that caused several of the calibrating shots to get through, but otherwise, these were by no means a difficult mechanic compared to the rest of the fight.

Loving my new nightscythe, though!

SoonerJBD
10.06.2012 , 01:23 AM | #96
Just dropped Kephess on HM. The droid mechanic is not too difficult if people are decent at coordinating interrupts, but it's one more piece to a fight that obviously has a lot of mechanics. The best way we found to down the droids was to put three DPS on the first droid in the kill order, a tank and a DPS on the second and a tank and both healers on the third. Everyone rotates interrupts. It is helpful if you have a Sentinel or another class with multiple or low cooldown interrupts, but it can be done even without it. Once you get the first one down, the second one should have no more than two stacks, and none if you put a Sentinel/Marauder there with two interrupts. You can also keep the third one from getting any stacks. You have some room for error. As long as they don't get over four stacks, DPSing them is fairly manageable. At six or more, it gets really slow. If you are coordinating in vent or teamspeak or whatever and calling out who has the next interrupt, it isn't too difficult.

One thing that is killer is lag. If you get a lag spike, it's easy to miss an interrupt.

zetroll
10.06.2012 , 05:01 AM | #97
Wait what ????

For some reason a broke feature is suddently working as it should and you consider it as a bug ?

Oh wait, It's Bioware and SWTOR... no surprise then !

The Vindicar Legacy
DarthNihilus | BlackList

* recrutement ouvert *

Scoob
10.06.2012 , 06:18 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by zetroll View Post
Wait what ????

For some reason a broke feature is suddently working as it should and you consider it as a bug ?

where exactly do you find that this was supposedly a bug before 1.4 and was fixed in 1.4? I see nothing that corroborates your claim....

Leovinus
10.06.2012 , 07:38 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by zetroll View Post
Wait what ????

I think the problem many are having is that this supposed "bug" was in game since 1.2. Everyone that's been killing him for most of that time had their way with it and got all geared out easier. Now you complain that people just getting to him or having recently gotten there should have the harder time of the whole thing. If a bug exists that makes the game easier for a certain amount of time, it should just stay that way. Put the mechanic "fixed" in Nightmare mode, that's fine, but you shouldn't change things to make them tougher after this amount of time.

ElitehunterDS
10.06.2012 , 09:19 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
where exactly do you find that this was supposedly a bug before 1.4 and was fixed in 1.4? I see nothing that corroborates your claim....
Tooltip says it reduce damage to the droid by x% and (and if i remember right) increase damage done to all his target by x%.

It was doing the inverse until 1.4:
Increasing his damage received and doing less damage with every stacks.

Better late than never, right?
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)