Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

no more black hole comms in story EC?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yogol
09.28.2012 , 09:19 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I do have an update on this issue. This change was intentional, and we'll be adding it to the patch notes. Bosses in Story Mode Operations no longer drop Black Hole Commendations in Game Update 1.4. Thanks to everyone who brought this up, and we apologize for the confusion over it.
Is this the so-called ''better communication''? Stealth nerfing stuff?
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

The_Duck
09.28.2012 , 09:19 AM | #62
I do have an update on this issue. This change was intentional, and we'll be adding it to the patch notes. Bosses in Story Mode Operations no longer drop Black Hole Commendations in Game Update 1.4. Thanks to everyone who brought this up, and we apologize for the confusion over it.
and what about NIGHTMARE Karragga??
- The Duck

Pintje
09.28.2012 , 09:25 AM | #63
Omg who plans this stuff I wonder....
What progression is there after every casual guild member is full rakata and no casual player is able to complete a new HM ops.
Good going....
Recycle content some more pls.

moonshoter
09.28.2012 , 09:25 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by yoshua View Post
There are less and less reasons to run old content, and for my new 50 characters more and more irritations on gearing up.

I think it is poor judgement to retro nerf things that should have been setup this way in the first place. I understand that SM's can now be ran in columi, and get rakata. That makes them truly tier 1, and that is great.

However SM Denova and SM TFB are not possible to run in columi, and only drop rakata except 2 BH pieces, one from each of the last bosses. So basically you have to be in Rakata Plus to run these, but there is no point to continually run them when you have 8 people with 12 needed bh items and only 2 items drop per run. Yes you can still do your dailies for comms, but the fact that you have nerfed the ability to get a full BH geared toon out to being MONTHS instead of weeks is detrimental to the community.

No bh in Tier 1? EV/KP? ABSOLUTELY

But once you get to SM EC you are now on par with the hard mode tier 1's, and already have full rakata. What is the point in running them?

Established 50's this isnt going to affect too much, but alts and NEW PLAYERS will be alienated by this change. And you people need MORE new players, not less.
I couldnt agre more why even Run them we all need to stick togather on this short sightedness and il bet most of Dev dont even play on line games even thu they claim they do .... and now we are back to were we were before before 1.4 with nothing better to do other then run HM OPs. then what after its clear log off and wait till reset . you all can't come up with better ideas other then reuse old content .

homeyj
09.28.2012 , 09:39 AM | #65
This is yet another in a string of mind bogglingly dumb ideas. If you want to gate content by gear, that is fine. But the least you could do is go the full way in copying the WoW model and make the previous sets (through campaign) easier to get as the new set (dread guard) comes out.

yoshua
09.28.2012 , 09:43 AM | #66
originally i remember being told that the BH comms from Denova was so that every player could walk away with 'something' when you ran it. Because it dropped gear you already had to have to be there, and a couple pieces of bh at the end.

essentially this nerf makes it so that only 2 people (possibly one if they win both rolls) have an opportunity for a bh piece, and most often? it is an implant. What is the point of running these raids other than seeing the content?

can a dev please CLEARLY explain what they expect raid progression to look like? here is what it is in my head

HM Flash Points for CM
T-1 SM Ops - EV/KP - Columi Rakata Drop
T-1.5- HM Ops - EV/KP - Rakata Drop (no real progression)
T-1.75- NiM Ops - EV/KP - Rakata Drop (no progression at all without bh comms)
T-1.75 - SM EC - Rakata Drops + 1 BH piece (no progression for 7/8 members of the raid)
T-2 - SM TFB - Rakata Drops + 1/2 BH piece (it takes more than rakata to run this, so getting to this point is nigh impossible at being eligible for 1 or 2 pieces of bh per week out of 16 (2 raids) people
T-2.25 EC HM - Campaign Drops - Getting here is nigh impossible if it takes you MONTHS to get your BH set. Sure you can do it with 5+ pieces of bh and perfectly augmented and modded rakata, but you shouldnt 'have' to be elite to progress, you should just have to clear the last run over and over.
T-2.5 HM TFB - Dread/Hazmat = You need full campaign to run this. Modded and Augmented

This looks like failed progression from my point of view. Where I said 'no real progression' is where BH comms should be to make up for the lack of actual gear progression. and NiM T-1 Ops? absolutely no reason to run it except the title now, and lets be honest, the title is a cake walk if you wait till you have campaign to do it.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Fettered
09.28.2012 , 09:46 AM | #67
So basically what you are saying is that you are slowing down progression for casuals. Great because there isn't already a big enough divided between players in this game.

Darvus
09.28.2012 , 09:50 AM | #68
Realistically, wouldn't it be smarter to give us more ways to get BH comms, not fewer? Turning everything into a cash-sink and never-ending grind is NOT the way to go, to keep people playing, or attract others.
"The weak deserve their fate..."

Darvus Sinister
Minions of Darkness

yoshua
09.28.2012 , 10:06 AM | #69
I'll be honest, was totally excited for 1.4, it was what was keeping me from world of pokemon: panda edition.

Now? not so much, this grind is making panda land look better, not worse.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Fettered
09.28.2012 , 10:14 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by yoshua View Post
I'll be honest, was totally excited for 1.4, it was what was keeping me from world of pokemon: panda edition.

Now? not so much, this grind is making panda land look better, not worse.
They are continually removing reasons for people to play, especially for people who are not in hardcore raiding guilds, and even many of those are losing their reasons to play with continual server merges, loss of guild names and the eventual death of guilds.

All this game has to offer at this point is the path from 1 to 50 since the end game content is losing its perks to play it and many are losing their access to the gear required to play it without being in a hardcore raiding guild. Yet soon they will no longer charge people to play from 1 to 50, it really seems like there is no one at the helm here with any clear idea of where they are headed.