Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

no more black hole comms in story EC?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DakSomtaaw
09.29.2012 , 01:10 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Let me explain it again:
1) Get to lvl 50
2) Do regular lvl 50 FP's to get some better than starting lvl 50 gear
3) Do HM FP's to get Columi gear. You don't want to do HM FP's, then do SM EV/KP to get Columi,
4) Do HM EV/KP to get Rakata. Or you can do SM EC/TFB (Please notice in the patch 1.4 notes that SM EC was really nerfed).
5) Do HM EC/TFB.

So, you can get from 1 --> 5 without doing a single story mode. Got it?

And once again SMEC/TFB has no point.

Literally. "Oh but you can learn the fights."

No. No you cant. HM EC and TFB(presumably) introduce new mechanics into the fights. Or the mechanics that you previously heal through must be mitigated somehow (tank swapping in EC for the Firebrand) So what you learn in SM EC/TFB can have little to NO application in the HM versions.

Want rakata?

Do HM EV/KP. Easier Operations.

No matter what they say that that SM EC/TFB is tuned for Columi that is blatant lie. My guild has carried a columi tank through SM EC and that **** was hard as hell. The rest of us were in Rakata/Blackhole. Maybe now that SM EC is nerfed but even then I would expect the fights to still be harder then EV/KP.

So whats the point? Why would I want to incur the repair costs and the frustration of trying to get SM EC done when I and my guildies can easily blow through EV/KP for what is essentially the same gear?

dscount
09.29.2012 , 03:52 PM | #132
Quote:
Do HM EV/KP. Easier Operations.
I agree.. waste of time to chase EC SM now and NiM is a complete waste w/o black hole comm's as well.

I'd rather drag Guild 50's thru EV and KP HM's for Rakata than waste time on EC for no gain to me. At least my repair bill will be less doing that approach. Heck I'd rather drag ONE at time thru LI HM for gear AND Black Hole comms for myself. I can at least get a daily 5 BH Comm's for that plus the weekly. (Stupid huh?)

Sorry Bioware, I think your lack of Progression planning is really going to make it hard to "TURN BACK TIME" and correct this mistake. Put the BH Comm's back please.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Basil_Evenstar
09.29.2012 , 04:10 PM | #133
I'm glad for the changes, BH comms were too easy to get before.

GeckoOBac
09.29.2012 , 04:13 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Basil_Evenstar View Post
And so? Do you actually enjoy in the struggles of other people?

Flying-Brian
09.29.2012 , 04:22 PM | #135
So what if they were easy to get before? Do you feel more elite now because people will have a harder time gearing a fresh character or alt up?

Or are you just looking forward that much to grinding out 700 BH comms for the new implants for the next few months? Because unless your in one of the few guilds that have cleared hm TFB right out of the gate, you are going to be grinding more to get those 700 comms.

If they they are removing SM EC & TFB from gear progression, then why even have them drop random black hole pieces, because it doesn't make that much sense to offer 1 type of gear upgrade, but not another.

Also why should you get 5 BH comms for running a HM flashpoint, when that is even farther below the gearing progression, since they are made for people running in basic level 50 gear, or gear with daily comm mods.

GeckoOBac
09.29.2012 , 04:25 PM | #136
Meh, reposted by mistake

Brittaany_Banks
09.29.2012 , 05:05 PM | #137
Says a person who got his gear this "easy way"
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

seektravota
09.29.2012 , 06:02 PM | #138
so if these ops don't have blackhole coms. they want us all to quit raiding and do daily hm flashpoints/lost island over and over????????????????????????????

moonshoter
09.29.2012 , 07:47 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by seektravota View Post
so if these ops don't have blackhole coms. they want us all to quit raiding and do daily hm flashpoints/lost island over and over????????????????????????????

Sadly it seems that way this is a Joke

Eillack
09.29.2012 , 08:09 PM | #140
Restore BH coms Bioware !
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.