Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, no more queuing for PvP along with PvE...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Monoth
09.27.2012 , 12:00 PM | #61
One last thing, as much as I complain about PvP players, in the end It wasn't the end of the world the way it was setup before (que in both pvp and pve), I could live with it....

But from someone who mainly pve's I do prefer the change but if it went back to the way it was, I would still play the game...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

NoFishing
09.27.2012 , 12:03 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
You me we wont get matched up with PvP players wearing PvP gear who suck at PvE because they spend all their time PvP'ing?!? Sounds good to me
Not sure if this was meant sarcastically...but I hope so.

I pretty much never PvP, since I don't really enjoy it. But almost everybody I know in game agrees that PvPing makes players BETTER in PvE (although you PvPers love your knockbacks a bit too much!) And except for LI, those HM FPs and SM ops available in the LFG can be completed easily by people wearing level 49 blues so PvP gear would be fine.

Besides, most PvP players keep their PvE gear on hand so they can change into it immediately.

Monoth
09.27.2012 , 12:15 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post

I pretty much never PvP, since I don't really enjoy it. But almost everybody I know in game agrees that PvPing makes players BETTER in PvE (although you PvPers love your knockbacks a bit too much!) And except for LI, those HM FPs and SM ops available in the LFG can be completed easily by people wearing level 49 blues so PvP gear would be fine.

Besides, most PvP players keep their PvE gear on hand so they can change into it immediately.
I will agree with you on one point, PVP does make Healers better PvE players.... As for the others, Gotta say nope, DPS pvp players have a tendency not to wait for tanks in PvE because there so used to charging in with reckless abandonment... And most PvP players who are tanks seem to forget they have taunt buttons and always want to wear DPS gear....

Now i'm mostly talking about people who PvP 90% of the time and only PvE 10% (usually FP's).... People who split it 50/50 are usually good at both and have appropriate gear for both....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 12:17 PM | #64
One last thing, as much as I complain about PvP players, in the end It wasn't the end of the world the way it was setup before (que in both pvp and pve), I could live with it....

But from someone who mainly pve's I do prefer the change but if it went back to the way it was, I would still play the game...
Anyone who is trying to PvE with Recruit gear should have been asked to change to their PvE gear or asked to leave the team. I myself keep my PvE gear in my inventory at all times. I would never disrespect my team by attempting a HM in PvP gear.

You will still get people who do this, maybe less common but they will still do it. Not all PvPers conduct themselves this way.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 12:21 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post

THIS^

I will agree with you on one point, PVP does make Healers better PvE players.... As for the others, Gotta say nope, DPS pvp players have a tendency not to wait for tanks in PvE because there so used to charging in with reckless abandonment... And most PvP players who are tanks seem to forget they have taunt buttons and always want to wear DPS gear....

Now i'm mostly talking about people who PvP 90% of the time and only PvE 10% (usually FP's).... People who split it 50/50 are usually good at both and have appropriate gear for both....

AND THIS^

You just hit the nail right on the head to further dignify what I said in my previous post. Thank you.
-FIGHT-

Trollokdamus
09.27.2012 , 01:16 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, I wanted to post to clarify that this was an intentional change that unfortunately did not get documented in the patch notes. We've added the patch note (you can read the full patch notes here).

Here is the note:

We apologize for the confusion about this change!
Intentional change. Heh.

When you think there can't be anymore mistakes which are worse then ones already happened, Bioware proves you're wrong.

Is this really their way of handling people leaving WZs due to FP queues? I'm sorry but this is just poor thinking, like many other decisions they make.

Let's just compare an outcome of this "feature":

Positive effects: no more people leaving incompleted WZs when their FP invitation pops... but still there are people who leave incompleted WZs for many other reasons.

Negative effects: less people queueing for WZ's in general (who now have to wait for their FP queues doing nothing); MUCH less people queueing for FP's in general (especially on lower levels - i wouldn't be surprised if pre-50 FP runs will die out completely); less options to level up alts; poor selection of things to do on max level.

Great move, great move... shows that even now, 9 months after release, Bioware are still clueless in managing a MMO. They could at least announce this change on PTS in order to observe people's reaction, but even that wasn't done.

As for me, i'm not playing SWTOR anymore right now because of all new content in other game, but was planning to return when i more or less run out of things to do there. But now i'm not so sure... since there are less things to do in TOR also.

p.s. And i also like how this thread was moved into the PvE specific section of forum, so less people can see it. The topic is about a patch change involving interaction of PvE and PvP queues, not about some sort of a solely PvE thing. In my eyes it belongs to general section.

Glower
09.27.2012 , 02:23 PM | #67
Very bad changes, no one ask for this but Bioware knows - its "better" for PLAYERS!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "Theyd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Siscoe
09.27.2012 , 02:35 PM | #68
You me we wont get matched up with PvP players wearing PvP gear who suck at PvE because they spend all their time PvP'ing?!? Sounds good to me
Don't be an idiot. I never said that I run HM's in pvp gear. I have a pvp set and a pve set.
You are missing the point. I am not going to try and explain it to you because I am not sure you will understand.

Wraiven
09.27.2012 , 03:39 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, I wanted to post to clarify that this was an intentional change that unfortunately did not get documented in the patch notes. We've added the patch note (you can read the full patch notes here).

Here is the note:

We apologize for the confusion about this change!

Thanks for the clarification, Allison. Although I wholeheartedly disagree with the decision to implement this change due to the negative affects this causes for both PvPers and PvEers, I do appreciate you looking in to this for us.
-FIGHT-

Nimithril
09.27.2012 , 03:49 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by anakedcowboy View Post
It's not a huge deal, especially considering you have two full minutes to accept a group finder invite, which usually means you can at least get to the halfway point or end of that warzone before accepting the groupfinder invite.
Well, at least PvEers won't have to sit around and wait on you any longer so you can get those extra couple of comms.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAbominor View Post
And finally, sitting through this video is like watching a 6 year old bash his own head in with a frying pan.. just not as entertaining.
Quote: Originally Posted by nvoid View Post
That's my new facebook status: Shut up the f$$%$% mouth!