Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purple grade 6 crew mission nerfs: Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Purple grade 6 crew mission nerfs: Why?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yogol
09.29.2012 , 12:34 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Was this ever reported in the PTS ? I don't remember seein such a thing.
No one test properly at PTS. Bioware refused to copy characters to PTS to test, except some players from hard-core guilds and clearly those hard-core players don't care about crafting materials. Or about black hole commendations. Or about right-clicking on names in chat. Or about Voidstar. Or about the GTN. Or about any of the other bugs or that got through.

Bioware got the testers they wanted.

The result is plain to see for everyone.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Glzmo
09.29.2012 , 01:03 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
No one test properly at PTS. Bioware refused to copy characters to PTS to test, except some players from hard-core guilds and clearly those hard-core players don't care about crafting materials. Or about black hole commendations. Or about right-clicking on names in chat. Or about Voidstar. Or about the GTN. Or about any of the other bugs or that got through.

Bioware got the testers they wanted.

The result is plain to see for everyone.
If they had kept the public test servers up between big patches and had the QA team communicate with the regular testers on a daily basis, they wouldn't have alienated the regular testing community that would be dedicated to actually testing the game either.
There were so many people from SWG's (and other games') dedicated testing community that came over here to dedicate themselves to testing and improving the game and play on the public test server as their permanent home, but Bioware's decision to not keep the server up and not lend them aid in testing already drove most of these players away from the game, just as the lack of support for roleplayers and socializers with features like chat bubbles, being able to sit on all chairs, having all emotes proerly animated (including the /sleep and /liedown emote) and more drove that group of players away in droves...

TascaFH
09.29.2012 , 05:46 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
chat bubbles, being able to sit on all chairs, having all emotes proerly animated (including the /sleep and /liedown emote) and more drove that group of players away in droves...
LOL chat bubble and sitting on chairs. Good god, give it a rest on chat bubbles, they have zero impact on a game. If you are leaving a game due to chat bubbles and an inability to lie down and sleep odds are you would have found something else to cry about and left anyway. What drove players away in droves was a lack of content and the fact that people expected this to be as polished as WoW upon release.

Sorenia
09.29.2012 , 09:57 PM | #64
I'm guessing this is still broken?

wainot-keel
09.29.2012 , 09:59 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by TascaFH View Post
LOL chat bubble and sitting on chairs. Good god, give it a rest on chat bubbles, they have zero impact on a game. If you are leaving a game due to chat bubbles and an inability to lie down and sleep odds are you would have found something else to cry about and left anyway. What drove players away in droves was a lack of content and the fact that people expected this to be as polished as WoW upon release.
lmao, one of "those", believing what they want is more important than what others want and they need to tell people about it

khsolo
10.02.2012 , 01:18 PM | #66
I want to ask if this still broken or its been fixed?

tortcat
10.02.2012 , 01:23 PM | #67
still broken. WHY this was not fixed with the maint..I don't know.

SoonerJBD
10.02.2012 , 01:39 PM | #68
Still broken. Can't imagine why this would be high on the priority list for a fix. I mean, it only destroys the whole economy.

widdleflaps
10.02.2012 , 01:46 PM | #69
just wasted a mission finding out this still isn't working, thought it would have been fixed in latest patch.

Silly me eh,

Estelindis
10.02.2012 , 04:18 PM | #70
I was hoping this would be fixed in this patch as well.

Perhaps Bioware could give us some idea of which bugs they are prioritising at the moment and which ones we'll have to wait a long time to be fixed?