Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Rage Spec:

Megatfx
09.26.2012 , 12:10 PM | #1
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhMZRMRrdfRbfz.2

Amazing damage.

Defensive Roll is not worth it, have to give up important talents for it. Interceptor is again a waste of points for what you have to give up. It is the best Smash spec.

I have also gone full power since we get 15% crit on Vicious Slash and 100% autocrit on Smash, I'm sitting at 675 melee bonus damage at the moment. Crit is useless with Rage spec.

Only thing that has changed on my build is that I'm full power augments, and I have the power/accuracy implant. I need to replace all my Accuracy mods with Power/Surge as well.

675 melee bonus damage
77.95% Surge

There is nothing like critting 5 people for 5-6k.

Alyssis
09.26.2012 , 12:13 PM | #2
You're never going back to carange are you? :P

But i have to agree... damn what an awesome spec.. to bad i have to roll a marauder, instead of playing on my 50 sentinel now!

Megatfx
09.26.2012 , 12:15 PM | #3
My average warzones I'm doing over 900 DPS.

Andrew_Past
09.26.2012 , 12:25 PM | #4
Choke pushback reduction is not worth sacrificing force crit. Keep in mind that ALL force attacks hit much harder when they crit, so some crit is needed for optimal performance.
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

Wookieenator
09.26.2012 , 12:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_Past View Post
Choke pushback reduction is not worth sacrificing force crit. Keep in mind that ALL force attacks hit much harder when they crit, so some crit is needed for optimal performance.
I disagree my spec is the same as his.

Megatfx
09.26.2012 , 12:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_Past View Post
See below.

Megatfx
09.26.2012 , 12:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Absolutely wrong. We only have one primary force attack as Rage (I'm not even counting force choke as a damage ability). Smash, you should only be smashing with 4 stacks of shockwave. So why the hell do we need more force crit?
I worded that poorly.

Smash is our only PRIMARY attack that is Force. It has a 100% chance to crit after Force Charge or Obliterate. Why would we need 4% more crit on an ability we should only be using after we obliterate or force charge??? If you tell me so we can get more crit on Force Choke then I don't know what to tell you.

CellPerfect
09.26.2012 , 01:06 PM | #8
I worded that poorly.

Smash is our only PRIMARY attack that is Force. It has a 100% chance to crit after Force Charge or Obliterate. Why would we need 4% more crit on an ability we should only be using after we obliterate or force charge??? If you tell me so we can get more crit on Force Choke then I don't know what to tell you.
so we can get more crit chance on force crush.... xD jk. Thats about as useful as getting it for force choke. I agree with ur build btw. Its exactly wat im using as well and its great. Once i finish getting full WH and max out for power it will be even better lol.

Mancer
09.26.2012 , 01:12 PM | #9
I am new at the class and am trying to learn here. What is the optimal rotation? What filler skills do you use in the meantime?
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Andrew_Past
09.26.2012 , 01:57 PM | #10
I worded that poorly.

My choke crits for 1.5-2k on some targets. It ticks 4 times. That's a lot of damage across the duration. Force crush tick crits for over 1k with a last tick of 3-3.5k (I see a 4k every now and then.) Scream crits for 4-4.5k. Force push (on my Guardian) crits for 3-3.5k. This is on my Guardian (switched out ability names) with 800 power, over 1800 strength, 78% surge, 97% accuracy, and 34% force crit before talents. I still get 6-7k smashes, 4.5-5k vicious throws, 5-5.5k last hit on ravage.

Rage can bring a lot more to the table DPS wise than just smash, if you let it. Especially after this last patch.
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch