Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ahh Deception!

Rynis
09.26.2012 , 11:46 AM | #1
So with the awesome new buffs to deception...How hard is your mauls hitting?

My highest maul today was a 6200 on a scoundrel.

Getting 5k+ consistently it's crazy.

The damage reduction has definitely increased survivability, really liking the changes.

Grogget
09.26.2012 , 11:52 AM | #2
They are still squishy to me. Fought an Infiltration specced Shadow in a Huttball match and my Hybrid build still performs better. The only change to my Hybrid build is that I get Maul procs less often, and Force Shroud doesn't remove everything anymore -- that or its bugged, because I had a few slows and an enemy Gunslingers bleed skills on me, Force Shroud removed the slow, but not the bleeding.
Rhetorical - Sith Assassin - The Shadowlands - Domination
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

RankorSSGS
09.26.2012 , 12:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Grogget View Post
They are still squishy to me. Fought an Infiltration specced Shadow in a Huttball match and my Hybrid build still performs better. The only change to my Hybrid build is that I get Maul procs less often, and Force Shroud doesn't remove everything anymore -- that or its bugged, because I had a few slows and an enemy Gunslingers bleed skills on me, Force Shroud removed the slow, but not the bleeding.
Gunslingers get a talent in their tree that makes the dots reapply if cleansed early or something like that. Incredibly annoying.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

BanetheDarkLord
09.26.2012 , 02:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
Gunslingers get a talent in their tree that makes the dots reapply if cleansed early or something like that. Incredibly annoying.
Nice Try/Lingering Toxins is the talent. Tier 6, 2 point talent.

"Reduces the damage taken by periodic effects by 7.5%. In addition, when Vital Shot/Corrosive Dart or Shrap Bomb/Corrosive Grenade end, they have a 50% chance to be replaced by a weaker version of that same effect that deals 15% of the original effect's damage over 9 seconds."
Ry'tan-Juggernaut-55 | Treys'n-Powertech-55 | Velmir-Operative-55 |
Lurruh-Sage-21 | Sellysha-Mercenary-45 | Zarruh-Assassin-41

spond
09.26.2012 , 04:56 PM | #5
A lot of the changes help the class be more effective in the PVE environment. You're still not going to be able to take down a geared tank alone in open world.

I find the changes allow us to survive a little longer.... much to the dismay of marauders/sentinels and other medium armor specs.

Still squishy and still need to know when to throw up defensive buffs...... we have more of them now.

In the end, the buffs help us deceptions compete in the PVE raid environment. I've noticed a major dps buff but it is spread over time; burst is still not really there.

It is nice though that we no longer have all the archetypal burst damage weaknesses without burst damage. Now we are more of a durable DPS'ers if we rotate our cooldowns correctly........ which is really "fun" during warzone pvp

Xethis
09.27.2012 , 03:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by spond View Post
A lot of the changes help the class be more effective in the PVE environment. You're still not going to be able to take down a geared tank alone in open world.
In the end, the buffs help us deceptions compete in the PVE raid environment. I've noticed a major dps buff but it is spread over time; burst is still not really there.
You are crazy my friend. There are only a couple changes that benefit from pve and they benefit pvp just as much so I dont know how you are saying its all pve changes. The majority of the changes were specifically for pvp. The new Duplicity is nice for pve, but Madness the real pve spec gets the same benefit from this. There was some streamlining for the execute phase for Deception but again pvp benefits just as much from it if not more because you don't have to waste a global on VS to get your buffs up to Shock, and one global is huge in pvp. Not so much in pve. Lets see, the new Darkswell is most definitely pvp, Fade is pretty much pvp also. Entropic Field is 6% more damage mitigation procd by crits, that is definitely pvp. Yes damage mitigation is beneficial to pve as well but again not as crucial as it is to objective based pvp. Oh and don't for get Magnetism which is 100% pvp.

The Changes to Deception had nothing to do with trying to bring the spec in line with Madness for raiding. It had everything to do with making it viable in objective based pvp.

RiseOfDeath
09.27.2012 , 11:18 PM | #7
I hit a sage for 7087 today. I'm assuming he was in pve gear as well as his whole premade, considering I was getting insane hits all game.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZfGrRkfMRbkZf0c.2
Fanatic - 8 Imperial 50s
Torva Nex

Biggilus
09.28.2012 , 07:06 PM | #8
Got my highest today of 6398, regularly getting over 5k for maul, shock (even 7k with the proc), discharge, and assassinate. Burst is mental now - I take down healers quicker and easier than my smash jugg (but he is inferior in gear by a long shot).

And I also got my first 20 medal Warzone match Never seen anyone get 20 before either, rocked myself a little :P

Exiled-Phoenix
09.29.2012 , 12:48 PM | #9
Been 1v1 with marauders a few times now and winning the fights, so id say we are finally in line now.
I'm only partily in pvp gear, 400 ish expertise.

As for pve, i'm glad we got a boost in our damage AND most importantly in regen rates (cloak + black out)
I can keep pumping out damage and maul is my new best friend for this.
I use to be a Deception Assassin, then I took a Dev comment to the face!
Now i'm a Mercenary healer.......

RiseOfDeath
09.30.2012 , 11:14 AM | #10
Fanatic - 8 Imperial 50s
Torva Nex