Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Charged Burst sound change 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Charged Burst sound change 1.4

Shazmak
09.28.2012 , 08:14 PM | #31
And guys, I don't believe for a second that these are 'bugs' introduced in 1.4. I believe they were deliberate changes primarily to tone down the profile of Gunslingers in PVP, done without any real consultation with the players. The guy responsible probably thought he was doing us a favour. But I don't really care about intention here - give us our bloody sounds back! And while you're at it, restore the animations for Scrambling Field and Hunker Down!

Stenrik
09.28.2012 , 09:28 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Shazmak View Post
And guys, I don't believe for a second that these are 'bugs' introduced in 1.4. I believe they were deliberate changes primarily to tone down the profile of Gunslingers in PVP, done without any real consultation with the players. The guy responsible probably thought he was doing us a favour. But I don't really care about intention here - give us our bloody sounds back! And while you're at it, restore the animations for Scrambling Field and Hunker Down!
Why wouldn't they just like, reduce the volume of the existing sounds, though? Why change them entirely?
Anyway, to give you hope, I think one of the dev twitters said it was a "known issue".

SolHalcon
09.29.2012 , 02:15 AM | #33
It's not just in the gunslingers and scoundrels. Its the unload shot for bounty hunters, and over load shot for operatives and snipers. What utter crapola. What were that thinking when this came up in a meeting. At what point did "Let's take away their cool gun sounds" sound like a good idea?
If you return from a mission, with a kill on your record, .
but without your wingman...
You Have Lost The Battle

LosMartonos
10.01.2012 , 05:15 PM | #34
LUCKY SHOTS SOUND WAS THE BEST SOUND I'VE EVER HEARD IN ANY GAME! GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(call me insane but when I was thinking about which class I want to play as my main, I seriously took the sound of lucky shot into consideration)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalanox View Post
You'll find the cause of your everlasting class problems between your keyboard and your chair.

Gassygunslinger
10.02.2012 , 06:13 PM | #35
If you don't like the sound of your favorite ability in the new update, don't worry! It'll get changed again in 1.5!

Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

SolHalcon
10.03.2012 , 08:18 AM | #36
I would guess we're not getting an answer to this?
If you return from a mission, with a kill on your record, .
but without your wingman...
You Have Lost The Battle

Javaans
10.04.2012 , 07:43 AM | #37
I'm sorry, I love the game, but I'm off here for a while. Changing the sound blaster and new graphical glitches was the last things for me. Every game must be better with new patch, not more worse then before

Sabredance
10.04.2012 , 08:13 AM | #38
As an audiophile person the new sounds are highly unsatisfying.
Especially Lucky Shots and Charged Burst need to be changed back asap.

Joesixxpack
10.04.2012 , 11:13 AM | #39
Glad it's now a known bug and hope it's fixed soon.

I know they're tells but love the GS sounds that go with rotations, kinda like that cheesy old batman show when he'd fight

Example:

Sab Charge ::KABLOW:: > Charged Burst ::Boom-Boom-Boom-Boom-Boom:: > Dirty Kick ::Crunching Nuts:: > Blaster Whip ::Crack:: > Quick Draw "The audio portion of our show has concluded, just die now" :: pew pew ::

BlazingShadow
10.04.2012 , 11:22 AM | #40
It happens every single patch. PUT BACKthe GIGGLES, PUT BACK the ALDERAAN TURRET SOUNDS, GIVE BH THEIR UNLOAD BACK!!!!