Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4: New font feedback

Orlesian
10.09.2012 , 11:15 AM | #71
I really like the new font. But being able to choose which one you prefer in preferences would proabably be ideal.
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

SithVeritas
10.11.2012 , 06:34 AM | #72
This new font is killing my eyes lol, especially after updating my Nvidia drivers.

Lionflash
10.11.2012 , 07:24 AM | #73
Guys, I figured it out.

I was playing a new character yesturday that I haven't touched for awhile and his UI was reset to default because of the patch if we all remember. He wasn't using the Custom UI that I was using just yet. I wasn't planning on playing him just doing stuff on the fleet and GTN and then I noticed the font problem everyone is having.

I see now what your talking about and it might have to do with the global scale. The 'Default' UI global scale seems to be built for someone with poor eye sight thats why I've always had my UI smaller because I don't need everything so big. I don't know what I'm at... .75 - .85 or something...

To me, it looks like something with the aspect ratio, like when you set your monitor in your Properties>Settings to something funky.

The 'Dafault' UI and font, to me, looks like when you get a new monitor and it isn't set to the native ratio. And when I switch to my Custom UI it's like.... "aahhh so that's what real life looks life."

I don't know...I'm playing with it now... lookin' for dat solution..

Marodel
10.15.2012 , 10:22 AM | #74
I'm curious to know if what we're noticing as a font change is related to the fps jitter with scaling nameplates as well. Disabling the nameplate scaling seems to band-aid the jitter issue but I'm wondering if there's some type of font anti-aliasing issues going on that are causing the poor font display and the fps jitter.

Just thought I would add an idea to the post to help get this issue resolved!

kooffee
10.15.2012 , 10:31 AM | #75
who ever change the font should of change they glasses first

Glower
10.15.2012 , 02:00 PM | #76
If you look close and little move camera, you will see that nameplates with SHADOWs which moves below! I think stuttering/font problem in text *shadows*. Also, pre-1.4 text with flat stroke, but not with animated SHADOWS!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

iamthehoyden
10.15.2012 , 03:49 PM | #79
I'm not sure if it's fonts or the shadows behind the text, but my text bounces around when I'm typing. Not game-breaking, just sigh-inducing at yet another bug.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box