Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.4: New font feedback


Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.27.2012 , 10:23 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I wouldn't be too surprised if it is a monitor size/resolution problem. I'd venture to guess that the developers are on dual 24"*, so it would be easy to neglect how the font would affect someone with a smaller monitor.
Not a problem to me as long as they send me a 24" monitor for free. Otherwise i firmly request a rollback to previous setting or an option to set my font size for tooltips and all the things that have been changed. And not because i decided so but because a 24" monitor is not listed as a minimum configuration requirement, neither in recommended configuration.

MillionsKNives's Avatar


MillionsKNives
09.27.2012 , 10:45 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Savro View Post
Not a problem to me as long as they send me a 24" monitor for free. Otherwise i firmly request a rollback to previous setting or an option to set my font size for tooltips and all the things that have been changed. And not because i decided so but because a 24" monitor is not listed as a minimum configuration requirement, neither in recommended configuration.
Just to clarify I'm not saying that you should have to buy a new monitor to read it properly, I'm saying that's a possible cause as to why it doesn't work properly on smaller monitors.

Arkerus's Avatar


Arkerus
09.27.2012 , 11:09 AM | #33
I like the all cap fonts on operation frames. Please keep it.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

LARams's Avatar


LARams
09.27.2012 , 11:10 AM | #34
Waste of time. Waste of resourses. Clearly this company needs to hire someone who is qualified to run it.

With all the problems this game has it's just absurd to be wasting man hours playing with fonts.

Meepbot's Avatar


Meepbot
09.27.2012 , 11:41 AM | #35
I play the game on a little 16" Dell laptop (im not using a gaming computer, sue me), and honestly, the font is fine for me, its not blurry, its not too small, its just different, and will take some getting used to. Playing on a 1600 X 1200 rez, i believe. I really dont see the problem, i dont know if it is much different for everyone elses screens though.... or maybe you just play too much video games
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Glower's Avatar


Glower
09.27.2012 , 12:00 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
I like the all cap fonts on operation frames. Please keep it.
its really only one good thing in this font mess.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

odericko's Avatar


odericko
09.27.2012 , 12:03 PM | #37
I by far preferred the pre-1.4 font. Really hope they change it back
Hiltar - Bounty Hunter - Jung Ma

Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.27.2012 , 12:09 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
I play the game on a little 16" Dell laptop (im not using a gaming computer, sue me), and honestly, the font is fine for me, its not blurry, its not too small, its just different, and will take some getting used to. Playing on a 1600 X 1200 rez, i believe. I really dont see the problem, i dont know if it is much different for everyone elses screens though.... or maybe you just play too much video games
Have you seen the screenshot that i posted before about tooltip fonts?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092717484.jpg/
How is this tooltip on your laptop?

Tordos's Avatar


Tordos
09.27.2012 , 12:15 PM | #39
I find the new font harder to read. I have not done a comparison but it looks as though the font is actually a tiny bit smaller, and more square shaped, all the letters look like they've been compressed or something and it is harder to distinguish the letters at first glance even with the added shadow. I don't understand why a change like this was needed the text from before was fine, why fix something that isn't broken? A questionable improvement if you ask me.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
09.27.2012 , 12:35 PM | #40
Since 1.4 my eyes are in pain T_T I bet it's the font! The text in the chat is also moving when you're mousing over the letters or typing something in the chat box. It's small movement, but it does act 'shaky'.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.