Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emergency Medpack sound

Aerilas
09.26.2012 , 10:36 AM | #1
Why in the world did Bioware change the sound from Emergency medpack without putting it in the patch notes?

This makes me perform a lot less since i dont have that sound. Now its something very silent ...

mikebevo
09.26.2012 , 10:45 AM | #2
You have to be kidding me. Healing isn't just about visuals clues, half the time my toon is stacked or in flames so I can't even see what I'm doing. Audio clues are very important to a healer, never really understood that until the prior bug with sound on SOA in EV.

Aerilas
09.26.2012 , 10:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
You have to be kidding me. Healing isn't just about visuals clues, half the time my toon is stacked or in flames so I can't even see what I'm doing. Audio clues are very important to a healer, never really understood that until the prior bug with sound on SOA in EV.
Yea and I'm really pissed about this.
Just got 714k in a full voidstar while i usually get 800k+ if its both sides full time

mikebevo
09.26.2012 , 11:18 AM | #4
First the giggle and now this....I still want my giggle back with upper hand.

HansBrolo
09.26.2012 , 04:13 PM | #5
I can confirm this... The crisp, clear beep sound that lets you know EMP connected is now gone. The sound effect sounds muffled and distant.

What's weird is that Kolto Jolt, which shared the same sound effect, remains the same.

I'm sincerely hoping this is a bug. If not, it unfortunately rounds out an extremely lackluster sound and animation set for the Sawbones when compared to the Medicine Operative...

Stenrik
09.26.2012 , 06:46 PM | #6
Don't forget how they dulled down the gunslinger sound too... Really wish we got a response on the reasons.

mikebevo
09.27.2012 , 09:17 AM | #7
Yeah, mess around with weeklies and dailies last night, didn't really notice it in the dailies until I started doing a HMFP. I kept hitting Emergency Medpacs on one person thinking it wasn't going off, Wasted all 3 upper hands before I looked to see he was at 100% health. Glad it was in a HMFP and not in HMEC.

I want my sound back...

HansBrolo
09.27.2012 , 04:18 PM | #8
It sounds like BioWare's at least aware that our sounds aren't working correctly: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...7&postcount=24

NurseDonut
10.04.2012 , 06:48 AM | #9
Bring back the giggle!

WDampier
10.05.2012 , 06:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by NurseDonut View Post
Bring back the giggle!
Agree. If anything make it so the sound effect is for the player only. Audible queues are essential!