Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Overload

Sock_Bramson
10.01.2012 , 11:51 AM | #31
Yeah... the knock back distance has not changed at all. I still haven't had any issues with lag now that it fires off faster. I also haven't had issues with it "hitting less people"; I can actually hit more people with the swath it cuts at 15m. Oh, and it works the same for sorcs and sins. I think that takes care of the misinformation I've seen in this thread.
-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

SgtKlavier
10.01.2012 , 11:51 AM | #32
Quote:
It doesn't push near as far as it did. It's utterly useless now.
It should push the same distance; you can't claim that it doesn't push as far based on what you "observe."

Quote:
My mais issue is i canot trow poeple down from the ledges in pvp.
You can do this, you just need to be in the right place and facing the right direction.

Quote:
And most of the times with my lag i dont hit them at all.
If you can't hit them as much with lag now how did you use the knock back previously when it had a delay in its effect? If you are lagging that much to the point where you can't use an aimed skill effectively then your overall pvp performance should be affected in a similar way because pvp combat is largely based on fast reactions.

TMar
10.01.2012 , 12:42 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Grogget View Post
I actually like it, despite the ridiculous mechanic of the effect happening BEFORE the animation ends. I've knocked more people into the fire in Huttball than ever before.
The effect happening before the animation ends is a good thing, It might not look good but it the way skills should work. Waiting for animations to end isn't fluid combat and makes games feel unresponsive.

As for the skill in 1.4, yeah now it require a little skill to use but it does seem a little hit and miss on how far they are knocked back. Sometimes it seems to knock people back further than before and sometimes not as far.
There is no suggesting, there is only trolling
There is no discussing, there is only trolling
There is one constant, there is trolling
****All for a Tor server named Bria.****

Theodulus
10.01.2012 , 03:33 PM | #34
I'm considering taking this ability off my quickbar. It misfired 80% of every time I used it in PvP today. No animation played, no sound and no enemies affected but the global cooldown and the overload cooldown is triggered. Anyone else having this problem?

Sock_Bramson
10.01.2012 , 05:11 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
I'm considering taking this ability off my quickbar. It misfired 80% of every time I used it in PvP today. No animation played, no sound and no enemies affected but the global cooldown and the overload cooldown is triggered. Anyone else having this problem?
Not I, but oh my!
That sounds pretty lame there, guy.
Five more syllables.

Seriously though, I haven't had any straight up misfires, only cases of me misjudging distance. Maybe there's something janky about your connection, or maybe it's an actual bug. I certainly wouldn't recommend taking it off of your quickbar, though. 20% is better than 0%, after all; fortunately for me, my Overload is fully operational.
-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

Hambunctious
10.01.2012 , 09:31 PM | #36
When I am not playing my assassin, or shadow, I like the new overload. I would have been flung off the ledges in huttball many times since "the patch". As it is now, I get knocked back only a little, or I shoot straight up. It's certainly MUCH less powerful as the merc version, or really even close to what it was.

If I'm standing right on top of inquisitor, or sage, I'm pretty safe from knockbacks. About the only time I get a decent knockback on me is if I am standing well away from them.

BaronV
10.02.2012 , 12:34 AM | #37
Hate everything about the overload. Voiced everything I hated about it on the forums back when they announced the changes.

Its exactly as bad as I expected it to be.

Hate everything about 1.4 overload - the animation, the cone, the distance, the strength - HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT 1.4 OVERLOAD!!
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Hxxr
10.02.2012 , 12:49 AM | #38
Gameplaywise having no delay and a longer reach and distance on the knockback makes a lot of sense.

I'm just sad about the old slow animation being gone, I used to use the skill from time to time on my tank just for the bullet time like jump.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Boops
10.02.2012 , 02:53 PM | #39
Snipers still have 360 degree knockback and 20 second immunity to stun and interrupts.

Any Jug/marauder/sentinel/guardian worth half a penny leaps and immediately walks into you or your side; avoiding the knockback entirely. Forget about it if you have more than one, it's a 3 second death in full WH EWH.

To make up for this I went hybrid, deep into lightning which now includes my bubble blinding and roots on overload. It's working out., especially the blind on those damn leaps.

DroidDreamer
10.02.2012 , 03:53 PM | #40
There is no question that the "oh crap" and "panic button" defensive utility of Overload/Force Wave has been reduced but in its place we now have an almost instant-cast ability that has a predictable, aimed effect. The old Overload/Force Wave was not as predictable in terms of which direction the bad guys went flying. The new ability generally does knockback opponents in the direction it is aimed. This allows for aimed positioning -- into the acid pit, knockback behind a pillar or LOS, etc. Lag at times messes this up but generally it is a better offensive ability because it knockback in a general direction more predictably (and because of the the instant cast change too).

The downside of the Overload/Force Wave Changes? I don't think the area of effect matches the animation graphical overlay which leads to unpredictable results, especially for up-close opponents. The Sorc Overload animation looks pretty cheesy; my recommendation is to replace it with the Force Wave animation but with a purple area of effect overlay for the graphics to match other purple Sorc effects. And, finally, the area of effect is longer but the push-back is pretty puny; probably ok for balance reasons but a farther knockback would be better.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.