Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Overload

Grogget
09.26.2012 , 05:46 PM | #11
I actually like it, despite the ridiculous mechanic of the effect happening BEFORE the animation ends. I've knocked more people into the fire in Huttball than ever before.
Rhetorical - Sith Assassin - The Shadowlands - Domination
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

veyl
09.26.2012 , 06:27 PM | #12
I'm going to start fraps'in pure examples of overload misses after the string of pvp matches I just did. Though it isn't -always- the case, I've noticed that quick spinning to face a target and use overload is like flipping a coin if it actually registers. I'm sitting at 28 ms on this new server, so I have my doubts that it's latency issues.

Anyone else been seeing something like this yet? Missing something that is absolutely in front of you in the cone range?

Terro_Fett
09.26.2012 , 09:06 PM | #13
The animation is so terrible. This is probably the biggest rush job yet

thefishdude
09.26.2012 , 10:24 PM | #14
Personally, I love the new overload. Before, ppl had to be on top of you for it to affect them. Now, I'm blasting ppl 15m out. I'm not too worried about the animation as long as the ppl go flying.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

thefishdude
09.26.2012 , 10:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Grogget View Post
I actually like it, despite the ridiculous mechanic of the effect happening BEFORE the animation ends. I've knocked more people into the fire in Huttball than ever before.
This!!
Forum Warrior Apprentice

ratiphi
09.27.2012 , 12:16 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
But man, the animation for it is just sooooo bad...
What do you expect when a game goes from high budget to almost no budget. Some intern probably made the animation over his lunch break or something.
50 Sith Assassin

verfallen
09.27.2012 , 12:57 AM | #17
I do like it Pve-wise.

Can be used by my sin tank now to build decent threat, and so long as I keep the CCed targets to my back, I dont break it.

Now, the animation IS sloppier, but I think thats fine tuning, and that a Powerful cone ability is the way, not a on-the-run knockback AOE.

Zuntrios
09.27.2012 , 06:23 AM | #18
I like it, and don't like it. It's a nice whoosh of force, but the thing we worried about most is happening. Server lag is STILL making things get flung behind me.
Stealth? It's nice, I guess. But so is flinging people off bridges.

LordHartigan
09.27.2012 , 11:21 AM | #19
Honestly the first thing I thought of was the Greedo shoots first edit. It looks TERRIBLE and, imo, the skill wasn't broken or bad in the first place. The cone instead of circle, eh, whatever, but the animation did not need to change.

enoax
09.27.2012 , 11:35 AM | #20
The benefit of having no delay associated with the skill far exceeds the 360 -> cone nerf. Good change. Still not as good as slingers/sniper but an upgrade nontheless.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin