Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.4: Terror from Beyond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.4: Terror from Beyond
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
09.26.2012 , 09:51 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss this week's Welcome to Game Update 1.4: Terror from Beyond blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Caligari
09.26.2012 , 10:47 AM | #2
Thanks for the patch!

LiquidSix
09.26.2012 , 10:55 AM | #3
Since we didn't get HK-51 in this Update. When will we be getting the new companion? Please respond! Also, the new content is awesome!

Jaick
09.26.2012 , 11:03 AM | #4
Shadows broke the game. They impact performance heavily even on the best video cards. You'd think setting them to low would give you what we had before the patch but it just turns them off completely. So whats the point of an Off setting then?

Swushinator
09.26.2012 , 11:09 AM | #5
Awesome :d

micomankekec
09.26.2012 , 11:33 AM | #6
This patch fuc*ed skill electrocuted to my sith inquisitor sorcerer. Now the ranege of this skill is only 10m, seriously giuys. Even knockback have 15m range ***? I HATE THIS!!!

Nefo_Tchir
09.26.2012 , 11:45 AM | #7
Well .. was looking forward to this patch for the new Op but mostly coz I believed there was finally going to be a mobility fix for melee Smugglers with a change to the Sneak ability. Haven't been able to try the new Op because maintenance went so long it took it to past 1am Aussie time. Then I discover the Sneak addition is only available for Scrapper tree and not Dirty Fighting .. o come on ur kidding? I'm campaign geared so rarely use GF for anything so where it spits me out is irrelevant, apart from the odd round of dailies I only use companions as sweatshop workers so I dont care if their gear matches or not (though I can see how useful these are). Shadows r working nicely for me so that's a bonus. However .. the most glaring graphical bug of companions weapon glow staying put on their dismissal was still not fixed .. seriously? And they broke the GTN on deployment of patch. /facepalm

So .. until my guild run of TfB which unfortunatley won't happen for several days seeing as the patch was deployed on our Ops run night rather than the usual maintenance night - for a DF Scoundrel endgame player like me this patch is almost a non event. Disappointing for the lack of almost any fixes/additions at all for my class to boot. Back to running all over the place to bosses and such while I watch Jedi's force leap and ranged just turn and shoot ...

Mistwaver
09.26.2012 , 11:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by micomankekec View Post
This patch fuc*ed skill electrocuted to my sith inquisitor sorcerer. Now the ranege of this skill is only 10m, seriously giuys. Even knockback have 15m range ***? I HATE THIS!!!
All of the 4 second stun abilities have a 10 meter range. Bounty Hunter and Trooper 4 second stun ability was also reduced to 10 meters, and Imperial Agent and Smuggler 4 second stun has been 10 meters for a long time now. I don't know why you are complaining, everyone's 4 second stuns are properly balanced now.

Mistwaver
09.26.2012 , 11:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaick View Post
Shadows broke the game. They impact performance heavily even on the best video cards. You'd think setting them to low would give you what we had before the patch but it just turns them off completely. So whats the point of an Off setting then?
Low is blob shadows. High is volumetric/dynamic shadows.

Jaick
09.26.2012 , 11:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistwaver View Post
Low is blob shadows. High is volumetric/dynamic shadows.
No Low is no shadows completely. Try it and you'll see. No difference between low and off. I just want the shadows as they were before 1.4 because the game didn't slideshow. I don't want them off either because the game looks ugly then.