Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I probably won't ever play Carnage again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
I probably won't ever play Carnage again.

DropbearSW
10.04.2012 , 05:34 AM | #21
As has been said in another thread, my experience as a rage mara is basically force leap into crowd, stunned, smash, stunned, stunned, stunned, undying rage, med pack die.

I'm sure it's possible with pocket heals and a noob opposition to do huge figures but with realistic geared good opponents, it's a frustrating experience (IMO).

PVE oh the other hand, lol, oh my. So OP
Master Dar'Nala
Talon (50 Sorc), Psi-Ko (50 Mara), Mash (50 Op)
<BOSS>

TheronFett
10.06.2012 , 02:10 AM | #22
Tried Rage spec tonight, and it's ridiculous for damage. I ran with a couple Rage spec Juggs and an Op healer for several warzone matches, and we just wrecked everything. 3 Synchro-Smashes going off can pretty much decimate at least half a team instantly. It could be easy to get addicted to this kind of damage output, which practically doubled what I can do with Carnage.

That said, I'm switching back. I find Rage to be boring and lacking in utility.

AsiriusNazriel
10.08.2012 , 02:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Tried Rage spec tonight, and it's ridiculous for damage. I ran with a couple Rage spec Juggs and an Op healer for several warzone matches, and we just wrecked everything. 3 Synchro-Smashes going off can pretty much decimate at least half a team instantly. It could be easy to get addicted to this kind of damage output, which practically doubled what I can do with Carnage.

That said, I'm switching back. I find Rage to be boring and lacking in utility.
Thats my main thing. The numbers that you'll put up will be insane, but your single target dps suffers. No matter what people say, Carnage is best for single target dps.

When you're running with 2-3 other Rage/Focus build teammates you can bomb the entire team, but that's not always the case and the lack of utility and survivability will become a factor when facing another organized team.

My personal view is that in Warzones people should be able to go man-to-man coverage. Meaning instead of focus firing a healer, you should have 1 person attack 1 person, so a single target dps focuses a designated healer. The majority of the time when that healer is NOT a hybrid Sage/Sorc a good dps will take them out. Hybrid is a wrecking ball in WZs right now and will be nerfed, because it causes a stunfest and builds no resolve.

When you have these ridiculous Juggs/Maras destroying things in WZs, it means that their healers are not being killed. A Rage/Focus spec player is dead meat unless they have a pocket healer, absolutely no utility whatsoever. So when you see these ridiculous Ragers demolishing WZs, it means that your team is not doing their job of eliminating that pocket healer, otherwise a Rager can almost always be taken down super fast. Instead you get clueless pugs that attack the first thing they see instead of the most dangerous/optimal foe on the field.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Sinatore
10.08.2012 , 04:40 PM | #24
Now if only we could get improved Predation in the Rage tree......

I find carnage and Rage both equally dominating....even inclined to saying that Rage is more "devastating" however, the utility pred/roots are quite priceless...

Another note....Damn Mega, your name jsut clicked....totally remember you from the WoW days, good to seeya you in here doing some more instructional things. I would help, buuuuut im wayyy too lazy to be as thorough as you. Well done old friend...
LEXXER - SHADOW
omg PINK