Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I probably won't ever play Carnage again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
I probably won't ever play Carnage again.

Megatfx's Avatar


Megatfx
09.26.2012 , 09:46 AM | #1
Seriously, Rage is awesome.

Mancer's Avatar


Mancer
09.26.2012 , 09:51 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Seriously, Rage is awesome.
What is your rotation/skill spec? I will give it a try also. Though I do love carnage.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Wookieenator's Avatar


Wookieenator
09.26.2012 , 10:26 AM | #3
yeah this is ridiculous. 3 games today of 900 dps with at least like 3 mins defending a node solo.. ***

Megatfx's Avatar


Megatfx
09.26.2012 , 10:51 AM | #4
I crit 5 people for over 6k just now in Huttball.

Ryvirath's Avatar


Ryvirath
09.26.2012 , 10:52 AM | #5
The fact that battering assault is -redundant- is insane. There's 0 down time and the smashes just keep coming.

Megatfx's Avatar


Megatfx
09.26.2012 , 10:53 AM | #6
Full power gear just got that much better.

Alyssis's Avatar


Alyssis
09.26.2012 , 11:27 AM | #7
I agree.. Such an insane spec.. Makes me wonder how long it'l take til they nerf it.. I still cant belive that it got live like this..

Alizaro's Avatar


Alizaro
09.26.2012 , 12:17 PM | #8
I just barely started to learn carnage, now rage is god mode?

I was resisting, trying to convince myself we needed the utility. I dumped my jugg months ago only to be tempted back in with this patch.

Time to get slammin.

Ashuranrx's Avatar


Ashuranrx
09.26.2012 , 02:08 PM | #9
Not godly... Great! Yes! But defintely not godly. Just wait until you run into some skilled Infiltration Shadow/Deception Assassins, they will mop the floor with you. Rage is superb at what it does best: AoE burst, with good sustained damage. But those stealth spec Shadow/Assasins also became a hard-counter to Rage/Focus with their buff in this patch. They a get 30% AoE DR stack with a 25% DR for a total 55% DR vs AoE plus their armor. Smash crits for like 2k against these guys. If you think Smash crits hard, wait until you get crited by Shock with 2x Voltais Slash buff AND follow up by Chain shock crit. Maul crits for 6k+ also on medium armor with Exploit Weakness buff on.

I don't think there is a god class in SWTOR anymore. Just more rock-scissor-paper. I think SWTOR is actually getting more balanced.

Ryvirath's Avatar


Ryvirath
09.26.2012 , 02:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Alizaro View Post
I just barely started to learn carnage, now rage is god mode?

I was resisting, trying to convince myself we needed the utility. I dumped my jugg months ago only to be tempted back in with this patch.

Time to get slammin.
The changes buffed both warrior archetypes, but the change to marauder's rage spec was far more dramatic such that marauders are probably the better rage spec now. You actually have so much rage because of berserk that using battering assault is generally redundant.