Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Broke CrossFire

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Boozek
09.27.2012 , 05:28 AM | #51
Spoiler
This post has been edited to include spoiler tags – CS Forum Team

ElChrist
09.27.2012 , 06:11 AM | #52
Spoiler

Gawlron
09.27.2012 , 06:31 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
I doubt you're seeing actual SLI behavior with fullscreen windowed.

Multi-GPU setups + windowed games rarely ever work properly and provide really inconsistent results even if they do.

So far as I know there is a tiny handful of games where SLI functions semi-normally windowed, and a grand total of 0 for CrossFire due to obscure, arcane architecture/driver design reasons.
I know... but I had to try at least... Its aggravating that I have this extremely powerful machine that can run games like Cyrsis 2 on Ultra (DX11 patch) + NVCPL tweaks, Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 (also with NVCPL tweaks), and Dragon Age II (DX11, upgraded texture patch, and NVCPL tweaks) and have a solid 60FPS no stuttering and just smooth wonder bang bang love. y'know? But when I try to run SWTOR ... I'm doing technical stuff to get it to run and look even better than it does while maintaining a messily 60FPS...
CE VIP
Emotion, yet peace; Ignorance, yet knowledge; Passion, yet serenity; Chaos, yet harmony; Death, yet the Force.

Yodawizard
09.27.2012 , 06:51 AM | #54
I would just like to suggest disabling NAMEPLATE SCALING. It seems to have resolved the fps issue for me, side effect is huge horrible nameplates that make me want to not play.

Rogoo
09.27.2012 , 07:10 AM | #55
Any ETA on the fix ?
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Boozek
09.27.2012 , 08:33 AM | #56
a yellow post saying we're working on it goes a long way.

how this went live when it was an issue on the ptr is beyond me...you guys do actually check the player feedback from the ptr right?.....

Boozek
09.27.2012 , 12:23 PM | #57
so nothing...will try again in 4 more hours

Ybini
09.27.2012 , 12:29 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodawizard View Post
I would just like to suggest disabling NAMEPLATE SCALING. It seems to have resolved the fps issue for me, side effect is huge horrible nameplates that make me want to not play.
Can anyone confirm this?

Boozek
09.27.2012 , 12:33 PM | #59
it reduced some graphical lag (which you shouldnt be getting with these cards anyhow) but the only way to eliminate the fps drop almost completely for me anyhow is to play fullscreen windowed (again a very crappy workaround but it makes the game at least playable)

Narcith
09.27.2012 , 06:36 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
Can anyone confirm this?
I'll get to the Nameplates in a sec Ybini.

Add my name to the list of users having the same choppy gameplay issues since 1.4.. GTX 580 SLI setup here.

I tried a number of things last night to improve the situation taken from various threads I found in the forums.

- Disable shadows ( little to no improvement )
- Disable SLI ( little to no improvement )
- Fullscreen Windowed mode ( little to no improvement )
- Disable Nameplate scaling ( significant improvement but the games still very choppy when swiveling / panning the camera or just moving around in general. )

I found the worst drops in framerate and choppiness occured on the bridge of my ship looking out of the windows, it was so bad that it took me 3 attempts just to run out off the bridge.. I kept hitting the walls around the doors lol

I ended up leaving SLI on and Shadows off but also turning off Nameplates entirely ( The Huge Non Scaled Nameplates just didn't cut it.. sorry Bioware ) just so that I could raid with my guild last night. The choppiness gave me a headache but I was able to see it through.

If you would like us Nvidia users to use a compatible Driver Revision for your new Shadow Tech + SLI.. please suggest one so that we may try it.