Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Galby
09.26.2012 , 04:45 PM | #31
I'm really disappointed that you broke the GTN for release day. This is when it's most needed. Also I nad my friends are noticing a dramatic loss of FPS compared to yesterday, we did not change any of our gfx settings.

On the plus side, I'm excited for dreadguard, it's finally an endgame armor set for agents that I love the look for. Also, as a marksman, getting the followthrough to proc on my execute makes the end of boss fights feel <so> much cleaner. I honestly think it should have always been this way.

Content-wise this is a great update, but you really need to work on getting them out far more often, instead of having ugly dry patches all the time.

(have your animators practice their teeth... yea...)
The Force is a lie, there is only luck.
Through my luck I smuggle stuff.
Through my smuggled stuff I gain credits.
My Credits shall set me free. - Smuggler's code.

juggalothekid
09.26.2012 , 05:17 PM | #32
so ive been having issues all day with this new patch ive been trying to download it since 11:30 this morning and still havent been able to get it downloaded called swtor they said that there issues with this happening all over the place so i gotta wait even longer to play but its going to worth the wait is there any one else having this issue

LWSugden
09.26.2012 , 05:29 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by juggalothekid View Post
so ive been having issues all day with this new patch ive been trying to download it since 11:30 this morning and still havent been able to get it downloaded called swtor they said that there issues with this happening all over the place so i gotta wait even longer to play but its going to worth the wait is there any one else having this issue
Yes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Now I'm stuck on a red screen telling me the launcher is updating.

I've emailed support... no response yet. I have cancelled my subscription and if things don't get better REAL fast I won't renew. I had to delete a trooper character because the previous patch bugged the storyline so bad they couldn't fix it. They sent me 20,000 credits and told me to reroll. I don't know *** is going on at BioWare but they need to pull their heads out and quick. I'm voting with my wallet. No play = no pay.

/ragecancel
-- Art Bladestone, Commando
The galaxy's only kamikaze pilot with 32 successful missions.

TheFallenSpear
09.26.2012 , 05:35 PM | #34
Any word on when the F2P option is live?

WizardsDestiny
09.26.2012 , 05:40 PM | #35
And now wait to download a Gig......

Anyway, I'm more excited for new Warzone (Hopefully like Voidstar, or any that's NOT Huttball!! Don't hate me, I don't like Hutball) Makeb, and HK-51. I can't wait for HK-51!
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Hammaclar
09.26.2012 , 06:07 PM | #36
No HK-51, no level incrase, no story line increase, no new high end tradeskill function/recipies: FAIL BW.

Going back to EQ.

WizardsDestiny
09.26.2012 , 06:13 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Hammaclar View Post
No HK-51, no level incrase, no story line increase, no new high end tradeskill function/recipies: FAIL BW.

Going back to EQ.
It's all coming...you do realize they have to patch some stuff before they can introduce these major things? HK-51'll be here by the end of the year, the new planet next year, new crafting missions/schems being added all the time, and the storyline will increase next year. Just be patient...
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

oakamp
09.26.2012 , 07:00 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Hammaclar View Post

Going back to EQ.
no real class story,
bugs still,
fleet ppl drop to only 1 stance on US peak time,
only nerfs,
fail again BW,
going back to gw2.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Cessna_X
09.26.2012 , 09:05 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Caloss View Post
Any reports on the slideshow/jerky motion/stutter with new shadows we saw on test ?

If I still have it I'll be gutted.
System
i7 @4ghz
32gb ddr3
ssd 230gig drive
gtx 680

It is not a problem with my system I can promise you that.
I, for one, am having this problem. This is the first time I've experienced it though; I wasn't on the PTS. It is very annoying, especially considering we were supposed to get shadow optimizations, but instead this patch has made it much worse. I have to turn off shaders entirely to get smooth camera movement back.

Please, PLEASE fix this, or give us an option to use the old shadow tech...

Draloch
09.26.2012 , 09:58 PM | #40
Great job on getting this out in September. I wasn't really expecting to see it this soon.