Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

350 BH Comms Implant

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spatology
10.03.2012 , 09:15 AM | #51
considering you wont need them unless you are doing TFB HM, i dont see the issue.

If you are doing TFB HM, you should have Denova on farm....

Assumeing the above 2 are true, you can get enough comms to make this in about 4 weeks if you include LFG daily's and LFG Operation weeklies.

TUXs
10.03.2012 , 09:19 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
considering you wont need them unless you are doing TFB HM, i dont see the issue.

Assumeing the above 2 are true, you can get enough comms to make this in about 4 weeks if you include LFG daily's and LFG Operation weeklies.
4 weeks of just grinding towards an implant?! That seems "reasonable" to you huh? lol
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Samoth_Nomad
10.03.2012 , 09:20 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Completely agreed. It's a bullsh*t price that doesn't reflect the value of the item. If it was awesome, an honest to goodness upgrade, then yeah, maybe that kind of inflation makes sense, but this is ridiculous.

Your itemiztion guys are doing a piss poor job. I have no problem grinding out comms for stuff that actually is worth the grind. This? This is just busy work and poor design.
They really are horribly optimized. I have yet to see a single hazmat implant that provides any sort of true upgrade. Add to the fact that many of them have duplicate stats. It just doesnt make sense. What's the point?

Edit: you absolutely do NOT need them for HM TfB, in fact, due to the stat itemization, you would actually perform worse in TfB with these implants. Where is power/surge? Why are most of the sentinel implants so heavy on endurance? again, it makes no sense....

iamthehoyden
10.03.2012 , 09:21 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
4 weeks of just grinding towards an implant?! That seems "reasonable" to you huh? lol
Not just an implant, but an implant that is less of a stat increase than one or two datacrons.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Ephesia
10.03.2012 , 09:21 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post

that's gonna be at least 5 to 6 weeks for a lot of people because they won't always be able to spotlessly clear every operation that drops BH comms all the time. I've been farming for a long time now only have around 270.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Kalthalos
10.03.2012 , 09:51 AM | #56
/facepalm
I've got a bad feeling about this...

Costello
10.03.2012 , 09:53 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To clear up some of the confusion we've seen in this thread, we asked George to clarify his answer. He was referring specifically to the relics that cost 400 Daily Commendations, which have been removed and are not available in 1.4. The Hazmat Implants, on the other hand, are priced as intended. I hope this helps clear up the confusion about the answer!
The question was about both so can we get some clarifiaction behind why they have been priced at 350 coms for a very marginal increase.

Is this the future for TOR where equipment is going to be so over priced that it becomes a mind numbing grind to get hold of it. When it is easier to either forgo the minor improvement or use PvP gear?

Shai-Huluud
10.03.2012 , 10:18 AM | #58
At the risk of coming across as a whiner I honestly thought that there had been an error when I looked at the stats on these implants.

As a sentinal (I cant speak for any other classes) it would be a downgrade for me...I'd be interested in alternative viewpoints on this as I've never been a particularly good number cruncher and realise I may just not understand what I'm looking at.
Neil.
RIP SWG - Jonni Mnemonic (Bria)

Telsnow
10.03.2012 , 10:26 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Shai-Huluud View Post
At the risk of coming across as a whiner I honestly thought that there had been an error when I looked at the stats on these implants.

As a sentinal (I cant speak for any other classes) it would be a downgrade for me...I'd be interested in alternative viewpoints on this as I've never been a particularly good number cruncher and realise I may just not understand what I'm looking at.
From what I've gathered, the new implants are poorly itemized for most, if not all, of the classes. Add to it the fact that now its going to take an absurd amount of time acquiring 700 BH comms, its a sure bet that most of us won't be grinding our gears just to get this poorly itemized, overpriced, useless crap.

Projawa
10.03.2012 , 10:30 AM | #60
So this is the direction endgame is taking? It was refreshing to see a more laidback, generous raiding environment in SWTOR but now you guys are throttling and getting stingy. No BH comms for SM TFB and only 1 token per boss in HM. And this implant pricing is moronic- to a geared player it's a tremendous irrational cost for a downgrade and to a player who's trying to gear up they could buy a fully optimized BH gear set for the cost of 2 such implants.

Unless this pricing is meant to incentivize the upcoming cash shop: when a player compares the effort it takes to grind 350 BH vs a nominal $ amount then this pricing scheme makes sense.