Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

350 BH Comms Implant

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mavery's Avatar


Mavery
09.27.2012 , 12:12 PM | #31
There is a lot of confusion about this as it relates to the livestream.

When George answers the question he says "that specific item." Please note it wasn't plural, but singular. This really adds to the confusion because we don't know what he's talking about. I do think he mispoke and when he brings up "that specific item" I believe he is referring to the daily comm relics OR the black hole implants. When 1.4 was pushed to live, the 400 daily comm relics were removed, while the BH implants remained.

BW did not "lie." The answer was very ambiguous because we didn't know exactly what he referred to. In light of the update, it's clear they meant the relics and NOT the implants.
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

TaylaEwa's Avatar


TaylaEwa
09.27.2012 , 12:53 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Leovinus View Post
Love how they jacked up the cost, justified it by saying we'd be using TFB to get more, then neglect to actually give us any significant number of BH comms in said operation. Sorry, but 8 just won't make a dent.
The devil is in the details, no?
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<Order 65 on Harbinger>>

Siorac's Avatar


Siorac
09.27.2012 , 01:12 PM | #33
Or they just got the idea from the GW2 dungeon gear set prices.

KarethRiker's Avatar


KarethRiker
09.27.2012 , 02:23 PM | #34
The marginal upgrade is really so minor it's crazy. On my Vanguard the implants will give me 5 power and 3 accuracy each. Will I buy them, no. I'll just wait for drops on HM.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.27.2012 , 02:25 PM | #35
Ching ching!!! Bet you'll be able to buy BH comms from the store shortly.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
09.27.2012 , 02:25 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Or they just got the idea from the GW2 dungeon gear set prices.
ROFL. Of all the things from GW2 we WANT them to steal...this is what they picked!

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
09.27.2012 , 02:34 PM | #37
The sad part is that it is now too late to change them easily. People will have purchased one (or both) by now, so if they just reduce the cost, they will also have to refund BH comms to anyone who bought them at the insane price. Removing them from the vendor is pretty much impossible unless they want to have people running around with gear that no one else can now get, or delete them from people's gear...but what if those players already sold their old implants? Remember the MK-2 and MK-3 implants were not available from the BH vendor, so they can't just issue refunds.

I suppose they could bump stats, but to be worth 350 BH comms (which is enough to buy 3/4 of the rest of the 1.3 BH armor set!) it would seem to need a huge, game breaking, bump.

Arkerus's Avatar


Arkerus
09.27.2012 , 03:17 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
The sad part is that it is now too late to change them easily. People will have purchased one (or both) by now, so if they just reduce the cost, they will also have to refund BH comms to anyone who bought them at the insane price. Removing them from the vendor is pretty much impossible unless they want to have people running around with gear that no one else can now get, or delete them from people's gear...but what if those players already sold their old implants? Remember the MK-2 and MK-3 implants were not available from the BH vendor, so they can't just issue refunds.

I suppose they could bump stats, but to be worth 350 BH comms (which is enough to buy 3/4 of the rest of the 1.3 BH armor set!) it would seem to need a huge, game breaking, bump.
That's not even true. A simple cost change would be quick and easy change. Since they are so cost prohibitive at the moment a simple query to see who bought them could be written. It's been done in other mmos. It's def not too late.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
09.27.2012 , 03:33 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
That's not even true. A simple cost change would be quick and easy change. Since they are so cost prohibitive at the moment a simple query to see who bought them could be written. It's been done in other mmos. It's def not too late.
But our experience with this game is that many things that seem simple and have "been done in other MMOs" are nigh impossible. It is easy for us to say something like "copying a character to the PTS should be a simple query/insert operation", but BW admits they lack the technology to do that.

BTW, I am not suggesting that nobody at BW knows how to work a database. Just that community judgements of what is easy/simple/quick do not always mean they are easy/simple/quick for BW.

Costello's Avatar


Costello
09.27.2012 , 03:34 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Ching ching!!! Bet you'll be able to buy BH comms from the store shortly.
AInt that the truth.

No end game gear will be sold in the cash shop just the coms to buy it.