Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

350 BH Comms Implant

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JacksonMo
10.09.2012 , 02:32 AM | #121
I don't see them anywhere in my future either.
You get far more mileage mod-ripping a full set for legacy gear to gear up an alt.
One fully geared alt or one implant? Hmmm

Edit:
Quote: Originally Posted by Cran View Post
No, I won't get them, but I would really LIKE to have something worthwile to work for apart from raiding one or two times a week, you know... so I'd appreciate those items including the price if they had stats WORTH THE WHILE.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omble View Post
it's just for people who have no gear left to buy

Like I said. One geared alt means more chances to raid.

DaftVaduhhh
10.09.2012 , 02:38 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by MouldyCrow View Post
This. The only decent power surge one has high engurance and low strength. Even if I had 350 comms its strictly a downgrade for a rage jugg.
To those bleating about the stat balance, every class and class role has at least one item optimally weighted for stats that they can build the rest of their gear around.

The cost is what is somewhat prohibitive, but if you're dedicated to ops with one character you will get there eventually, and probably inside 2 months without even trying.

Here's the sum total:

LFG: Up to 51 per week
Denova HM: 28 (bosses + weekly)
TFB HM: 33 (bosses + weekly)
Black Hole weekly: 6
Rakghoul weekly: 8
NMP weekly: 4

Total: 130

So it's 130 if you do everything (less than 3 weeks), and let's be honest, you could do about 97 of those on alts @ 50 as well that you've probably optimised in full 61 gear.

To me this is BioWare's ham-fisted way of keeping the casuals linked to the hardcore, with opportunities for Denova HM available to them, although they really should have left a greater BH comm incentive in the two story versions IMO.
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger

DaftVaduhhh
10.09.2012 , 02:43 AM | #123
Sorry I should add to the above that we don't know what the rewards will be for upcoming content (i.e. new space missions which seem to require current ops materials and a new daily area on Belsavis).

For all we know that BH comm count could double or triple, which means it's effectively like grinding for a campaign relic.
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger

JacksonMo
10.09.2012 , 06:35 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by DaftVaduhhh View Post
To those bleating about the stat balance, every class and class role has at least one item optimally weighted for stats that they can build the rest of their gear around.

The cost is what is somewhat prohibitive, but if you're dedicated to ops with one character you will get there eventually, and probably inside 2 months without even trying.

Here's the sum total:

LFG: Up to 51 per week
Denova HM: 28 (bosses + weekly)
TFB HM: 33 (bosses + weekly)
Black Hole weekly: 6
Rakghoul weekly: 8
NMP weekly: 4

Total: 130

So it's 130 if you do everything (less than 3 weeks), and let's be honest, you could do about 97 of those on alts @ 50 as well that you've probably optimised in full 61 gear.

To me this is BioWare's ham-fisted way of keeping the casuals linked to the hardcore, with opportunities for Denova HM available to them, although they really should have left a greater BH comm incentive in the two story versions IMO.
Interesting prospect, but to a fairly casual person like me, that would be equivalent to a full time job, even on one, much less across a legacy.
Well, certainly one very intense day's worth of ops, +lfg dailies.

ivanhedgehog
10.09.2012 , 07:47 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Malinok View Post
I could afford one and I still dont intend to buy it. To address the cost specifically its not bad if it actually was a good upgrade. I'm currently full campaign but prior to that I was full 61 across all pieces from ripping out black hole mods/enhancements/armor.

Even with taking 4 weeks off from the game for PC issues im still sitting on 580 Black Hole Comms. If your guild was actually doing EC Story the week it came out, and you did your Black Hole Weekly/Hard Mode Daily every day, you should be swimming in black hole comms, so again unless you blew comms on your companions, 700BH comms is not some unreachable insane mark.

I'm currently full campaign but prior to that I was full 61 across all pieces from ripping out black hole mods/enhancements/armor.

That all being said I wont be buying it, not because its overprised for an UG, I simply wont be buying it because enough people are crying Im betting they are going to reduce the cost or up the stats....so Ill wait it out, the extra 5 power and 6 alac I would get from each wouldnt be worth it anyway
how wonderful for you. Unfortunately, everyone didnt level to 50 at the same time you did. People are saying that these arent worth the tiny increase they give. Which means either raise the stats(unlikely) or lower the cost. Its like seeing the new Mountain dew bottles are 22 oz and cost $15 each. You can tell us you worked 2 jobs for 6 months and anyone could afford them if they did what you did, but that does not change the fact they are overpriced. I could easily afford them myself but that still doesnt make them worth 350 bh comms

DaftVaduhhh
10.09.2012 , 10:33 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Interesting prospect, but to a fairly casual person like me, that would be equivalent to a full time job, even on one, much less across a legacy.
Well, certainly one very intense day's worth of ops, +lfg dailies.
Only maniacs would go the full compliment, but you could easily knock off almost all of the weeklies and 4 LFGs without denting too much into your free time (assuming you're doing ops).

Personally I'd skip NMP if your guild isn't keen on the gear.

As for going throughout your legacy, that's your choice. But what I'm saying is that if you had two or three alts you could kit them all out over 3 months without breaking a sweat, and I'm right.

grallmate
10.09.2012 , 11:01 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
how wonderful for you. Unfortunately, everyone didnt level to 50 at the same time you did. People are saying that these arent worth the tiny increase they give. Which means either raise the stats(unlikely) or lower the cost. Its like seeing the new Mountain dew bottles are 22 oz and cost $15 each. You can tell us you worked 2 jobs for 6 months and anyone could afford them if they did what you did, but that does not change the fact they are overpriced. I could easily afford them myself but that still doesnt make them worth 350 bh comms
Actually, its more like comparing a $10 bottle of wine with a $100 bottle. The $100 bottle probably tastes better but they both get you drunk.

JacksonMo
10.10.2012 , 07:51 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Actually, its more like comparing a $10 bottle of wine with a $100 bottle. The $100 bottle probably tastes better but they both get you drunk.
Sounds like my mixed drinks. They aren't as good as what the bar makes, but after 3 you don't care.

I maintain you get more mileage out of legacy gear.
Especially casual players!

SomeJagoff
10.12.2012 , 11:40 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To clear up some of the confusion we've seen in this thread, we asked George to clarify his answer. He was referring specifically to the relics that cost 400 Daily Commendations, which have been removed and are not available in 1.4. The Hazmat Implants, on the other hand, are priced as intended. I hope this helps clear up the confusion about the answer!
um, wow. I'm not sure how to take this. 350 BH comms for a very minor stat increase (or decrease in some cases)? To be honest Allison, I'd rather drop 800 daily comms for a minor increase on a relic. I've had more dailies than I've known what to do with, I've repeatedly bought implants for alts, pets, and even guildmates, daily comms are not an issue. Black Hole Comms, however, even if you farm everything possible every week, not even close to the cost of one for a month or more, that is really...really unacceptable. I would really like to see things like this removed from the game, this and the 200 daily comms/2000 (read: two thousand) fleet comms for incredibly sub par legacy gear that now drops more frequently all over. I mean, really, why even have these on the vendor? I was just on the darth hater site looking at the 1.5 stuff and even the single piece campaign armorings are only 40 BH comms, that's reasonable, slightly less than the complete pieces, but the set bonuses on the armoring makes it worth it to customize look, if you so wish. But seriously, 350 for an implant that are in essence equal to the BH ones, but ten times the cost? why are they even on the vendor? Since they drop in HM TFB, and since people will soon be putting crafted RE'd ones on the gtn, please just remove them from the dread guard vendor to avoid inciting more anger among pretty much everyone. Not sure if Anyone on the forums think that 350 bh comms is fair for the items in question. A few said it wasn't super hard to grind 700 bh comms, but they didn't state that these implants were worth the 700 bh comms. After all, as was said by others, 2 mediocre implants or a complete BH set+ of bh gear for an alt/pet/etc? The choice is pretty clear. I'm still really dumbfounded here, Allison, could you please ask George if there are any plans in the future of lowering the cost of these items? Thank you!
Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

Evensong
10.12.2012 , 11:46 AM | #130
It's way easier to get comms after 1.4 /shrug
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.